News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Suggestion: Buckwheat

Started by richuringo, April 16, 2017, 06:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richuringo

Ok so there there are already a lot of crops available offered by a lot of mods but I wonder if anyone has ever been a fan of buckwheat?

Buckwheat is actually common where I'm from so kinda also love for it to be in this game.

Can be something like @RedKetchup  "Fodder Grower" or just a seed to be planted at crop fields.

Also is anyone a fan of goat's producing milk? Would love if banished goats also produced milk.

Necora

The goats in the Crystal Cliffs set produce goats milk... it is a work in progress at the moment to get a good method for it because I did not animate them (this is probably the biggest banished mystery) and so they are not in pastures, just small pens.

tanypredator

Are there no goats in CC? Maybe they could make it modular as they made ducks and pigs? I would like milk goats too.

richuringo

There are goats in CC and even vanilla Banished. They just never produce milk.

@Necora  I actually have only ever used your Pine Set and I love it. I didn't know the Crystal Cliffs already had goat milk. Imma try it out. ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: richuringo on April 16, 2017, 06:32:32 AM
There are goats in CC and even vanilla Banished. They just never produce milk.

@Necora  I actually have only ever used your Pine Set and I love it. I didn't know the Crystal Cliffs already had goat milk. Imma try it out. ;D
there is no goats in vanilla, there are sheep, sheep and goat are very different.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

richuringo

Oh yeah, my bad then. I guess only Necora's Crystal Cliffs does offer goats.

embx61

@richuringo

Me and many other modders have enough ideas about adding more animals to the game.
Sure adding an animal is "easy" but it will be a static one.

The problem is that making animations is very time consuming and hard to do for hobbyist's like us.

ShockPuppet from Black liquid was able to do some but it is painstaking work.

It seems that Luke, the developer of Banished, took his own approach with modeling/code animations.

I even bought 2 animated animals to play with in 3ds Max but I don't get it to work.

Our hope is that Luke will respond to the messages we send him about doing animations for Banished.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

richuringo

Quote from: embx61 on April 17, 2017, 01:02:49 AM
@richuringo

Me and many other modders have enough ideas about adding more animals to the game.
Sure adding an animal is "easy" but it will be a static one.

The problem is that making animations is very time consuming and hard to do for hobbyist's like us.

ShockPuppet from Black liquid was able to do some but it is painstaking work.

It seems that Luke, the developer of Banished, took his own approach with modeling/code animations.

I even bought 2 animated animals to play with in 3ds Max but I don't get it to work.

Our hope is that Luke will respond to the messages we send him about doing animations for Banished.

Don't misunderstand, this isn't a demand or anything. Just a suggestion if ever anyone ever gets interested in it. I'm a former architect and used to do coding so I know very well that its not as easy as people think although I have no interest to go back into it anymore as I have new interests.

For now I'm actually good with @Necora Crystal Cliffs mod.

embx61

@richuringo

I understood it was not a demand so no offence at all was taken. :)

I wish we knew someone who knew how to put animated animals properly in the game.
Maybe ShockPuppet can give some insight at what he did and how to make it work in Banished.

But even a tutorial takes time and they are busy at Black liquid too.

RedKetchup

@ShockPuppet  got to go in hospital and get some surgeries. we dont have much details about that but seems to take long to get 100% mobility back. he has particulary have hard to stay at computer desk for hours. so presently , i doubt he is working on his "new game" cause i think he would have say "hello" to his fans on BL forum which never came.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

O crap. sad to hear Shock is in the hospital. I hope Shock will be doing all right.