News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Normal Maps

Started by lamenagere, September 06, 2017, 07:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I agree @Bartender.

Luke has quite a few interesting reads on his site how he does some coding and about shaders, creating a editor GUI.

But for most of us, unless we have the C++ source to toy with (Civilization 4 had a dll with lots C++ source code units what modders could alter and recompile and were able to change some AI stuff) it is meaningless. But still a interesting read though :)

I wish Luke does so once in a while in some of those expanations how to properly do animations and some more in depth explanation of those material files.

I not ask for a complete bible but a couple of pointers to steer us in the right directions could go a long way.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

Yes, these material files are not a light fare and we will never see a documentation but it is nice to have access to this part. I would like to have it to some other things as well. Game mechanics and so on.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bartender

Thanks Red :D!

Thanks for the tip about the blog @embx61 ! I did some searching, and I found an article on the language he uses in the Material files. It doesn't elaborate much on how he actually coded the materials, but it does bring me a bit closer to understanding what's going on :).

lamenagere

Hey Bartender,

Great news! I should have think of it, but obviously, the water riddles are made with normal maps. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean water and other stuff have the same type of materials. If you have any doubt about how to use normal maps, don't hesitate to contact me :)
Good luck, I know how it can be frustrating.