News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Endzone

Started by avdpos, April 03, 2020, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avdpos

I run into Endzone today - looked at Surviving Aftermaths forum and very shortly read about Endzone.

I was looking into something to do so I didn´t played 50 years banished strait in a row - and actually bought Endzone at once.
So now I have a stunning 30 min in this early access game. Banished in postnuclear world is what it looks like.
My short look around shows an  extreme similarity in buildings and managment - and it is yet in a promissing way.

So I can recommend a look at it.
Seems promising even if I haven´t read anything about the so important mod support (no steam workshop page yet - but it have only been public EA in two days).

Artfactial

Endzone looks really good, the dev's clearly know what they want and how to do it.:)
I will probably need to get it soon too.
How impactful are the events and environmental hazards atm?

It's got me way more excited than Surviving the Aftermath by the Surviving Mars people.

banner38

It promises to be interesting but will it be better than Surviving the aftermath  :)

Artfactial

Yeah, I really liked Suriving Mars, but I feel like they missed out on many details and theme with Surviving the Aftermath sadly.
Looking forward to see where Endzone goes.:)

avdpos

Surviving Mars felt more macro-building than Endzone.
Compared to Aftermath I do not know how Endzone paly out. Haven´t tested aftermath as the "regionmap" seems like it can be either unfun or good and I do not trust the early access process. Will look more at that game when it go into proper release I have seen the direction it´s heading.

I think the environment hazards was a bit to unimpactful. In my two medium games the hazards go away to fast to be really impactfull. The feeling is that the game runs "to fast" - people grow up to fast, live to short and impacts last to short to be really meaningfull. Those things feels like they can change as a part of balancing so I´m rather hopefull.