News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Arbors and water lilies

Started by tanypredator, January 31, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Yes, it's very peaceful and a good addition but...the roof is leaking!  :(
I guess you missed that the roof on the wood arbor needs an inside when there are no walls.
And check the table and bench legs too. The same. They are singlesided.

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on February 01, 2017, 05:02:38 AM
Yes, it's very peaceful and a good addition but...the roof is leaking!  :(
I guess you missed that the roof on the wood arbor needs an inside when there are no walls.
And check the table and bench legs too. The same. They are singlesided.

Oh! Thank you for noting that. I hadn't used this camera mod yet, so couldn't see that.

Abandoned

Wonderful, lovely addition to the game, only wish I had it for start of currant map.  Thank you, will look forward to other decorative items.

Tom Sawyer

Could not resist to make a few pictures of this new water lily. It looks incredible natural!

elemental

The lilies are beautiful but I get some very dark diagonal lines on them, but only when viewing from one side. From the other side there are no lines at all. I also see these lines on some other mods, but they aren't anywhere near as dark. On some mods I don't see them at all.

Does it have something to do with shadows? Is there a way to make these lines go away?

And Tom... underwater rocks. They look great!  :) I haven't seen them before. Are they part of your north mod?

Tom Sawyer

The dark lines are shadow effects on flat faces with small edges around. I have this issue on my tables and benches too. It disappears when you turn off shadows or look at it from a higher position. I think it cannot be solved here.

I have one tiny suggestion for the lilies. Normally the leaves are oriented outwards, so with the notch (where the stipe is) to the centre. Then it would look perfect. And I would like to have it as natural resource grown by the game and disappearing in winter. But I guess it would be very difficult to implement.

The underwater rocks are in the Nordic mod, yes. I thought water lilies should grow there.^^

QueryEverything

@elemental & @Tom Sawyer , @RedKetchup was able to point me in the right direction regarding the lines, there is a specific term he uses.
I was able to fiddle with my shadow settings and now they are gone.  I currently have my game set to:
Shadow Resolution:  High
Shadow Quality:  Medium

The shame of it is, I have a gaming specific system I am running on, supposed to have been the best on the market and it even has these issues when I don't have the shadow setting "exact".
Good luck :)  It's annoying!!!

BTW:  @tanypredator these look lovely!  If you will update the package with the minor fixes to the walls/roofs etc I will hold off on downloading, but I certainly am wanting to get my grubby mits on it :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2017, 04:31:58 PMI have one tiny suggestion for the lilies. Normally the leaves are oriented outwards, so with the notch (where the stipe is) to the centre. Then it would look perfect.

If you google pics of lilies there are plenty that are a random mess of leaves pointing in all directions, many of them overlapping. I like them the way they are now, but a couple more flower colours would be nice.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
And I would like to have it as natural resource grown by the game and disappearing in winter. But I guess it would be very difficult to implement.

I like them being purely decorative, placed exactly where I want them. I wouldn't want to see them grow and over time completely cover a lake. They do look a bit strange covered in snow. If they disappeared in winter that would be great.

elemental

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 01, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

I was able to fiddle with my shadow settings and now they are gone.  I currently have my game set to:
Shadow Resolution:  High
Shadow Quality:  Medium

Thanks. I've tried fiddling with setting but it doesn't work for me. Looks like I'm stuck with grilled lilypad steaks.

QueryEverything

@elemental I hope you are able to figure something out, it really becomes annoying once you realise it's "there".  I had no idea, I thought it was part of my dock design until @RedKetchup pointed it out to me.  I've found that one setting works on one system, but it won't be the same on the other.  I will check hubby's and see what he has his set at, see if it different, it's been a while since I've played on his unit.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: elemental on February 01, 2017, 03:35:56 PM
The lilies are beautiful but I get some very dark diagonal lines on them, but only when viewing from one side. From the other side there are no lines at all. I also see these lines on some other mods, but they aren't anywhere near as dark. On some mods I don't see them at all.

That is strange. I've had very intensive lines from any side, but solved it by a small change in a code, and hadn't seen them again. I'll try some more tests.

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 01, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
If you will update the package with the minor fixes to the walls/roofs etc I will hold off on downloading, but I certainly am wanting to get my grubby mits on it :D :D

I'm working on this problem, I hope to update the mod today or tomorrow.

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2017, 04:31:58 PM
And I would like to have it as natural resource grown by the game and disappearing in winter.

I had never found a way to make natural resources to grow in a specific areas, but now when you said that,   I was striked by one idea - they can grow everywhere, but they will be seen only on water, since they are low-leveled. It worth a try, just I havn't enough time to make everything I want :) But I'm afraid that would lead to unused tiles of forest.

Quote from: elemental on February 01, 2017, 06:07:08 PM
I like them the way they are now, but a couple more flower colours would be nice.
If they disappeared in winter that would be great.

I've planned two more colors (yellow and violet), but again, time problem.
There are two ways to make them disappear in winter: to make them with a tree leaves material and to make them natural resource (but that will work only with wildly growing ones). The first way I've tested and it looked bad.

RedKetchup

maybe you can ask CC team, they didnt managed to make "reeds" (or another named plants) growing only following the river ? and not elsewhere ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 01, 2017, 10:01:27 PM
maybe you can ask CC team, they didnt managed to make "reeds" (or another named plants) growing only following the river ? and not elsewhere ?

I think it first appeared in "Beautiful world" mod, or something like that. Am I not right, that these reeds don't grow new? There are only those plants, that were in the beginning. That is why I thought, that they are actually buildings. But you are right, CC team can teach us many work-arounds.

elemental

CC has those flat squares (road texture tiles, but they aren't roads, they are just decorative squares). Those squares don't have any diagonal lines on them. Maybe there is something in the code for those flat squares that can get rid of diagonal lines on your lilies.