News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

@Necora !

It's very good to see you.  Just getting back to the game after a long break and have been playing with Maritimes quite a bit.  Absolutely love it.  Very sorry to hear you've had problems with the modkit.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Necora

Quote from: Maldrick on October 15, 2018, 04:12:02 PM
Just getting back to the game after a long break. Very sorry to hear you've had problems with the modkit.

Same and same. I just downloaded the game from steam again and am downloading only one mod for now, this new one from Red.

I will boot up the mod kit when I fix my other computer (this one is meant to be just for work) and see if I can make things sing again.

embx61

Hiya Necora.

Good to hear from you :)

I also came back after a long absence from modding. I hope you will get the Mod Kit working again.
I think it has nothing to do with the code changes from Luke as I not had any problems recompiling all my Mods after the last release of the Mod Kit from Luke.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Red's big mod is amazing. I think you'll love it.  Got one thing I want to do after what I'm working on now, but going to dive back in after that, myself.

Can't help but think your problem might have been related to the update at the time.  Think starting fresh might fix it?  If you backed up your modkit before, be sure to copy the new game files over, maybe?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

welome back NECORA. yeahh.how was your vacation? i am still using the pine mods. the issues are minor.it causes problems with construyction of the TH. were you up to date with the last change? the build requirements is expanded to allow more than 3 items.

for some reason i was running the 1.04 pine mod. my computer crashed last spring. i assume the 1.04 was the version i had backed up. after i started to use the 1.05,i did notice some differences.the bird nests and beaver lodges are not being cleared by laborers. the items vanish and are not collected when land is cleared. the 1.04 would overpower textiles.the 1.05 balances better.i know you fixed the laborer problem so was stunned to see that issue occur again.

glad to see you back. i thought you went searching for sunken treasure or swimming with dolphins and forgot how to find you way back. ;D

Necora

Quote from: embx61 on October 15, 2018, 04:35:06 PM
I think it has nothing to do with the code changes from Luke as I not had any problems recompiling all my Mods after the last release of the Mod Kit from Luke.

It must be for the trees. I simply compiled them with the new kit and they no longer worked. Absolutely nothing changed on my part. I then made new ones and had the same result. Crashes after a minute of two of play. He changed something with trees but I never found out what.

The town hall issue reported is also because of update changes but because I didn't update my mods with the new kit.

embx61

Yes, it is possible it are the trees as I not spawn a lot of stuff in my Mods it maybe just compiled and did not crash.
Maybe upload some of your stuff to the Laboratory so we can take a look of why it not works.
More eyes see more then just two eyes and it helped me many times to make stuff working again after another modder looked at it.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on October 15, 2018, 04:55:48 PM
Quote from: embx61 on October 15, 2018, 04:35:06 PM

It must be for the trees. I simply compiled them with the new kit and they no longer worked. Absolutely nothing changed on my part. I then made new ones and had the same result. Crashes after a minute of two of play. He changed something with trees but I never found out what.

The town hall issue reported is also because of update changes but because I didn't update my mods with the new kit.

make sure to check the animations = false if you didnt made it cause that thing will made it crash when 1 tree suddenly decide it is time :)

i am super happy to see you back !!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

@embx61 we'll see, I am currently installing an SSD in my old computer to use it as a modding/gaming machine only, so when that is done I'll fire it up and see how it goes. There may also have been an issue with my mod kit not the mod kit in general, so I'll start from scratch this time.

@RedKetchup so THE BEARS are AMAZING. I have loaded up your mod and that is the only thing I noticed so far but they made me laugh so much when they came stampeding through the village. Love it. Also, your softwoods look so much better than the original game ones.

I have to investigate those animal models more, they are great. Wanna make a beaver?

RedKetchup

thanks you !!

the person who made all the animals are Troy. Troy is so good, so talented. everything are perfect !
i wish too he can make me more... i always wished to have wolves too :)
he is a bit occupied... maybe later we can have more :)

brads3

the great thing with the RK animals is they make noise.helps to find them in the thick forests

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 15, 2018, 06:58:37 PM
the great thing with the RK animals is they make noise.helps to find them in the thick forests

that too plus it immerses you more in the wilderness

RedKetchup

so the good news, i fully integrated Necora spruce models :) will do the white pines next :)

Necora