News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-Challenge #2: Vegetarian Village

Started by solarscreen, June 27, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

nan the mods werent allowed back in that time. when that challenge started the modkit wasnt made yet, and when it has been released, we kept the challenges free from mods.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Mmdrgtobldrgn

~ Mama Dragon
Mother, Grandmother, Gamer, always Myself

solarscreen

Quote from: Mmdrgtobldrgn on January 09, 2015, 11:00:23 AM
Hi, semi newbie here. I say semi, because I've been lurking and reading for a while, finally decided to register. :)

While the scored aspect of this challenge is over, as a player I have questions regarding this challenge and am hoping someone can provide input.

I've got a village I've been working with using the limited (to me*) guidelines of this challenge, currently at 153 adults, 46 students, and 53 children I don't recall what year it's in though.

I've read through but didn't see any mentions of mods. Are they allowed or not? The ones I'm thinking of, which I haven't downloaded/installed yet are; bee keeping, flax crops, and one or two other crop type mods that look compatible to the challenge and providing additional food/clothing resources for the village.

*as a long time simmer I'm used to challenges with 2 or more pages of rules ;)

Thanks for joining!

All of these challenges were created long before mods came out.  Once the mods came out, all the challenges pretty much died off.  I think they are interesting reads for people to see what could be possible in the game and give ideas to make playing interesting again. 

I tried rerunning the challenges after the mods came out and there was just not much interest.  Feel free to play with or without mods and let us know what you wind up doing!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

yeah, making mods was too much ... passionnating :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: solarscreen on January 20, 2015, 10:29:30 AM
I tried rerunning the challenges after the mods came out and there was just not much interest.  Feel free to play with or without mods and let us know what you wind up doing!

Most of the challenges were great fun and generated some very creative and skillful entries. At least for me, some of them really were challenges.

Two thoughts:

(1) I wasn't so interested in re-doing challenges I'd already done--and the "Most Beautiful" challenge which was underway when the mods started coming was thoroughly won by @wasabi333 (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=649.0), who may not even have seen his settlement as an entry.

(2) Once mods are out there, I think (and this is my opinion only) that any challenge would need to have a list of permissible or, in some cases, required mods to make an even playing field. I can foresee a long discussion leading to such a decision.

Bobbi

Have to agree on most beautiful village going to @wasabi333. Having seen what he/she did, I knew whatever I had did not compare. So I didn't bother with my entry, and nobody else did either. I do wish that the excitement this forum to generate would come back. Maybe if we had some active modders it could come back.....