News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Swamp Thing V1.1

Started by kid1293, June 21, 2018, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I've said it before; this is a lovely mod! But I have some small problems with the houseboats. Can you explain a bit more @kid1293, how they have to be built to be accepted. The one I show at the picture has 2 "landtiles" in front (I can build a road), but the 3, is missing. Do they need to have land access to the whole front? Or is there one special part of the boat, that need to be "at land". The poor nomad woman living in it couldn't leave and died of starvation.  :'( Her husband and child have left and are homeless.  :-\

kid1293

Hej @Nilla  Jag är ledsen för dålig förklaring.

Here are two pictures showing how I meant it to be.

First picture - shows where the bannies have access to the boat. (on the other side too)

Second picture - shows how I meant to connect the jetties.

If you have boat with front towards land they will starve!
If you have boat with side towards land there is a chance that it still does not connect.
Use the jetties! They are made for the boat! (even if you can use them for other things too)

edit   Third picture - if you want the boat up against land - Place a jetty for safety!

Nilla

Ursäkta jag borde ha förstått om jag tittat lite mer noggrant att det fattas en bit reling där av en orsak!  :-[

But now I think, that even I can understand how it works. Thank you! :)

kid1293

You're welcome!

Do we beat England?

Nilla

Quote from: kid1293 on July 05, 2018, 02:13:27 AM
Do we beat England?

I didn't think we could beat Mexico, the way they played against Germany a week earlier.
I didn't think we could beat Switzerland, number 6 on the ranking, that hadn't lost a game since I don't know when.
I don't think we can beat England, the Motherland of football........
......but I think they have to play better, than against Colombia, to beat us and maybe they can't after that long hard game. So we may have a chance.

kid1293

Hmm.. maybe this soccer Championship is about not having a bad day.
There have been some surprises. Japan should never lose 2-0 lead. They did.

galensgranny

I know why Abandoned's people had trouble in the swamp- there is no religion!  We need a swamp church/prayer house.

kid1293

Hi Granny!

A dedicated priest taking care of frog curse!
Sounds a lot like household voodoo to me.

But yes, people would probably want a meeting place.
It has no high priority but who knows...
Abandoned hinted on coming back to swamp later :)

Nilla

@galensgranny, have you checked my screenshots? I am very stingy which buildings I add to the lovely swamp houses. But I find the small chapel from the Forest Outpost fit very well with its oxidised copper roof. There is one small thing to complain about though : It can only have 35 members. It could be a bit more.

Abandoned

@galensgranny and @Nilla as Kid said there will probably be a return to the swamp at some point, possibly a mossy forest town somewhere too.  The separate swamp house mod can be used in the North also.  I myself would not mind seeing some jetty pieces added, maybe some seaweed  :)  and a frog cage  ;D  Any suggestions may be considered.  It is of course up to Kid want and if he wants to add to these mods in the future or not.  :)

rkelly17

Quote from: Abandoned on July 13, 2018, 06:10:38 AM
possibly a mossy forest town somewhere too.

I like the idea of a northern rain forest town--something like the climate along the Washington-British Columbia coast. It's not exactly a swamp, but it is very rainy and temperate. Instead of giant frogs you could have giant, orange slugs.

galensgranny

@Abandoned , oh yes, a frog cage indeed, after how things went in your swamp!  ;D
@Nilla , yes, I saw your screenshots and Kid most fabulous, attractive, interestingly designed wood church with the green metal (oxidized copper) roof does look good.  But, when the Bannies are just starting out, how did they manage to get oxidized copper?  I am OK with pretending that it is a wishful illusion the first year or two, and that later on they were able to re-roof.  But, an actual old swamp chapel building would be a good thing to.  Meanwhile, I do as you did, Nilla, and use my most favorite building of all time- Kid's Forest Outpost oxidized copper roofed log walls church.

Abandoned

:D  giant orange slugs  :o  Are they edible?  :P

rkelly17

Quote from: Abandoned on July 13, 2018, 11:08:50 AM
:D  giant orange slugs  :o  Are they edible?  :P

Don't know. Don't want to find out.  :o 

kid1293

I will get nightmares if I start making slugs.  :P

I could rename crop infestation to slug infestation  ;)