News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Looking for mod to replace trees with lower impact on computer cpu/gfx.

Started by SooperValar, January 07, 2019, 01:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SooperValar

Currently using RK Editors Choice mod and i am loving it.  Unfortunately when i start to scroll past the forests my computer starts to really bog down.  I already have alot of the settings in game dialed down as far as they go.  Any one know of a way to do this?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

You could try pausing game before scrolling map, especially past trees or when it is raining.  :)

SooperValar

they are indeed beautiful.  i just wish i could put some low res ones in their place haha.

brads3

couple tricks to help. 1> turn off the autosave and manually save instead. 2>zoom in can speed the game up. 2> turn all other programs not needed off.  3>   play in window mode and minimize the game. this will hyper speed things along.4> if you are trying to move between 2 specific points alot,try adding some of KID's mods. they do give options to build more townhalls. this 1 might be debated.there is talk that the TH window causes slow downs also.will it minimized? 5> as ABANDONED said try the CC no smoke and rain mods. 6> check to make sure you are not at the memory limit. we can load mods up to a point. too many or large modsa and we can hit that limit.this would slow down the game overall.  7> load the mod manager. then tun various mods off to test the speed difference. you might find 1 or 2 mods pushing your system.

do the bannies walk smoothly or are they skipping?if it is a serious bog to the graphics the bannies will be jumpy.you didn't load the latest Nat Div mod did you?

short of that it is mostly game speed. my 10x speed is like many play at 2x.there is a difference from scrolling over open land to forests or lakes. usually i click the map to move around.or if i want to move to the right a tad bit,just grab a building and center on it. that will work faster.

maiden4meldin

My computer did the exact same thing, bogging down over trees, stuttering after 700 pop so bad that i have to quit the game and start again.

Recently though I upgraded the RAM went from three gb to four. And I put in a different video card, same size card, but one rated for gaming instead of just cpu type of working. World of difference now. I can not only play with the MegaMod 8.01, but I can also achieve high populations without the stuttering and bogging down I used to experience.  The vid card and ram cost a total of 50$ to buy and install, giving me a credit of $30. for the old vid card which was great in and of itself. Who knew that video cards could make such a huge difference. I don't have to dial down any of the graphic settings either. My computer guy https://moosejawco.wordpress.com/ can fix any computer problems, is professional, and very fast. He actually built the system I am using for games now. For 200. So total investment into the computer is $250. He sells gaming computers as well as laptops he has refurbished.  He has kept my 2008 laptop running long past the expiry date too installed three different hard drives, replaced the fans twice, and the dvd rom player. So to say I am a fan is an understatement.

Anyway, thats the only way I was able to play with the bigger mods, and play with the higher populations.