News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Music Thread

Started by embx61, May 08, 2017, 06:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@QueryEverything  wants to talk about our music styles.

Let me kick it of.

Our Canadian good friends gave us Bieber and sadly to say is not my style.
But the good Canadians gave us Bryan Adams as well.
Bryan Adams 'Heaven' live from wembley stadium London 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwDf-NMnUPA
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

we rarely gave something good ^^

bieber..... celine dion .....

rofl
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Bryan Adams make up for it though  ;)

And of course the three from Rush who make music like being a 4 member band. LOL
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

A rather unknown artist from Canada is Xavier Phideau.
I bought all CD's and I must say he is absolutely my taste.
He writes very thought provoking lyrics about post-nuclear
disasters and the frail thing called friendship.

QueryEverything

Ahhhh ...  Canada, beautiful country, beautiful musicians :D
One of my all time fave female artists calls Canada home, her name is Allison Crowe.  I've known of her since she was 16 and was just starting out, amazing talent.  Too bad she hasn't made it out here to tour. :(

I saw Bryan Adams in concert here, and my oh my ...  that man can croooooon!  I've always loved him, and yes I may fan girl a little from the stereotype teenage years when watching Robin Hood, but, it's not all about the love affair, it's definitely about his talent. :D

I will google Xavier Phideau :)

Now, if you want hard rock, and deep growl, then check out some of Australian's Rock bands :) 
A good sample of rock through the decades is to have a listen to:  Long Way to the Top (here too) & Australian Made, a sample of Australia's musical history :D

Throw in some Jimmy Barnes, David Campbell, Mahalia Barnes, then the Counting Crows, The Angels, Black Sorrows, Shannon Noll, Crowded House (OMG, I love them), Sherbet, Skyhooks (a must google!!), Jim Keays, Masters Apprentice, 'Cotton, Keayes & Morris', Billy Thorpe...  Jessica Mauboy is also well vocalised :D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

Music is my theme...........

Talking about Canadians, you forgot one of the Big, recently passed away: Leonard Cohen. I think he lived a lot in the US, so maybe he's not seen as a Canadian.

I have some issues with modern music, everything sounds so much a like; all good singers, often agreeable songs but I can't keep the one from the other apart. I know it's a cliche: It used to be better in the past; people like Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant, John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Mark Knopfler, Bonnie Tyler, Patty Smith(...... this list could go on "for ever") just have to sing three words and you hear who it is.

I listen to a lot of music, Spotify is great! It's mostly things from 1960s-1980s. My daughter sometimes sends me tips; artists and songs she think I will like and yes, I often do but I always return to the old.  ;) :-[ :-\

RedKetchup

bah here in canada we have also amerindian musik ^^

Kashtin, a duet, made a couple of album and can have some song that can turn around in your brain for days ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCYp5NFrJw&list=RDFaCYp5NFrJw

Abandoned

RedKetchup