Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Slink's Snug Houses Version 2

Started by slink, October 17, 2014, 09:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Slink's Snug Houses Version 2

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=23

Description: There are six versions of this house, accessible through the "F" key.  It is under houses, with the symbol of a stone house.

The size is 3 x 5.  It takes slightly less fuel to heat, and slightly less time and materials to build.

Version 2 now has smoke!

Denis de la Rive

looks really nice will try and report.  :)

XSwifTX

rkelly17

Can I use the new version in a town that has snug houses from the old version?

slink

Not sure how far back it is compatible.  Try it and see.  It will crash rather quickly if it is going to crash.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 18, 2014, 05:20:06 PM
Not sure how far back it is compatible.  Try it and see.  It will crash rather quickly if it is going to crash.

It crashed, though I tried adding both version 2 of the houses and version 2 of the brewery, so it could be either or both. The game also reports a clash between the two. The list of files indicates that the issue is the texture files for the roofs. I'm going back to the older versions of both and do a bit more on this town before using the updates.

Paul_J

Win7-64. v1 was great, but v2 crashes on Menu exit.

Only slight spoiler is that the Snug houses have more "cold" notifications than both other house types.

Thanks for your mods!

All the Best,

pj

Paul_J

Just me, I think: version 2 is working just fine, complete with smoke. Makes me want to read the Mod Kit....   8)

pj

TheFunnyOne1125

When it snows it looks like snow only falls on half of the house..

irrelevant

@slink I love these, they fit perfectly into my farm grid.

salamander

I've fallen behind on getting a lot of the mods, waiting for them to reach some sort of 'final' state.  This morning, though, I DL'd a bunch of them and started a new game with many of them enabled.  @slink, your Snug Houses are one of my favorites, so far.  Thanks, the smaller footprint really makes a difference in how an initial town center develops in the early game.

XSwifTX

With these and Redketchup;s 2 story houses it really changes how dense you can develop the towns

MightyCucumber

Hey Slink, can you make a slight change to this mod? Currently the snow seems to cover only part of the house, leaving the rest with its original texture during winter... Any way you can apply the snow to the entire house?  :)