News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

it does use a log per 10 ores.that is probaby why the numbers are low. i loaded it with DS's mines for the railroad.

brads3

YEAR 36-37

13 new citizens arrive.a 3rd RK greenhouse will grow tomatoes.with it we did need another well.the 4th RK greenhouse will grow beans.more minerss have been sent to dig out more stone.we traded for pigs.the livestock TP can be shut down.a larger pasture is planned for the beef cattle.

the 2nd row of houses has 21 residences.with the front,there are apartments for almost 200 bannies in the city center.yes i know it doesn't look as good as it should.good thing we have candles,since there isn't enough windows for sunlight.i will build the rest the right way.if needed we can add more houses  to the dock set.

13 citizens arrive in early summer of year 37. an RK apiary has been built and more fields cleared.with the beef cattle moved to their new pasture and the row of houses built,the west side of the city is completed.

pic 1: greenhouses and EB well
pic 2: RK apiary
pic 3: rock garden keeps the trees from over growing  the west wall
pic 4: large catte pasture,
pic 5: tight row is completed

brads3

YEAR 38

we will need more logs and need stone now. a CC apple orchard forest is planned across the river to the east.once bannies are moved over there,another will be plannedmost likey a cherry forest. hopefully the deer herds will come to eat the fruit. ore laborer houses will be uilt out in the forests to help bring ogs in and carry toolsand coats out. there is some stone scattered outside the forest circles to use for the granny  houses.

i'll go thru this dock set.there are 2 houses and 2 sizes of barns.a set of railings and walls to keep the bannies from falling off.  i didn't build  the chicken house. it would produce some eggs and look like the herb mender. the rice windery wasn't built either.it would have ate up the rice and dropped the food reserves.the mender works like a doctors office.the dock workshop uses reeds as fast as they are grown. without the CC,reeds do not grow on the banks for the farm to collect.reeds can be used with the feathers to make survival coats.it takes a lot of reeds but it can make rope.there are a couple buildings in the full CC versions that do use them for a build material.
            none of the dock pieces or buildings are over productive.the wood finder has had issues since the 1.07 upgrade.it no longer brings just logs.the "herbalist" is a grower instead of  collecting herbs.many of these buildings can be built on land which can be useful.they are set at ground level so using them on land hides the dock walkway.the small sheds and herb grower work well in forts that way.it also opens options up as to where you want the reed bundles or coats.
          i use the dock trade post a lot to insure that i can trade the CC items more consistantly. withusing so many mods,the merchants do get picky. you might  wait for years to trade some goods and some merchants won't take what is stocked.some might not store all goods either.this 1 is more universal.plus it doesn't depend on the shoreline as to where you place it.it will fit anywhere along a crooked river.

yes i am late but did want to get that set built for @RedKetchup .he had asked about the reeds and what they are used for,

pic 1: dock west,note how far into the shore the reed farm can be set
pic 2: dock workshop
pic 3: rice planter
pic 4: water shrine,note how the buildings are not over water
pic 5: dock east,
pic 6: overview

Gatherer

I like how worn out those docks and buildings look. Perfect for a small pirate port.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

YEAR 39

The 6 nomads passed thru town in fall of our 38th year. our boardinghouses are full.the workers are busy hauling stone for the granny houses.it is a long ways since we only have the north gate bridge. there is a pine market to move supplies back toward the thatch meadow half-way back to the log depot. as soon as the builders are moved in,a cherry forester is set tot he south and some workplace carts moved to give them more storage space.
       to patrol the river and move goods,a riverboat market works the river.it took almost a year and a half to empty the boardinhouses and complete the stone houses. we now have 10 foresters cutting logs. 3 hunters and 5 gatherers bring in a variety of food.a fisherman wokrs near the dock for the riverboat.

just before summer,10 new arrivas come to join our city.we add a 2nd reed farm and another rice paddy to the dock set.the workers can start to clear the trees that have regrown near the city center.there is plenty of regrowth by now.another worker is sent to the bakery to process the flour faster.the greenhouses are tight on water and soon we will need a 3rd well.there is 500 fertilizer stored and the cattle pasture has been full for a year.pigs have multiplied to fill 1 of the small pastures.if we split them next spring,we will have enough fertilizer for more greenhouses.

pic 1: CC apple forest overview
pic 2:more reeds and rice
pic 3: riverboat market
pic 4:  greenhouse outputs
pic 5: pasture outputs
pic 6: new forest outputs

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 367 at 43% educated in 90 houses.without counting all the houses and bannies,there is less than half living in the city center.the NMT houses will start to push the population up, so we do need to keep increasing our food outputs.our diets are varied just enough there is no excess good to process.
               the bannies have worked to get stone.all that they haul into town is used up.other than some tiny quarries to dredge stone from the river,we are kinda stuck.we will have to consider a tunnel to the west.

an outbreak of smallpox started in the winter. none has died from it. as soon as the bannies recover 5 more get sick.hopefully with warmer temps,the epidemic will stop spreading. we did hit our 10yr goal the dock was completed the west side of the city and map is built.while houses are built north and south,we do need to get some resources built up and expand the production and city center.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:firewood and stone graphs

Gatherer

Waiting patiently to see what you have planned for the town centre. But the stone situation is not looking good. Are all your miners uneducated or what? :o  Too much accepted nomads are hampering you every step of the way.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

me 2.LOL. i do have an RK college planned so there is 2 schools.not sure yet if we will need 4.debated a park and some other ideas in the middle.miners are probably half educated. want to get more production buildings to the center but don't have any excess items.will tae a few years befiore the new CC orchard forests give us more fruit.

brads3

YEAR 40

we are going to try and overcome our stone shortage..we send 2 more workers to the multi-mine.14 miners can work there and it is unlimited. coal will be sent to the CC dock TP.an EB salt mine is dug to supply Old Salty.we double the workers at the beekeepers to increase the honey. i have 2 flax and am out of the 1 for the linen clothing.evidently the foresters ahave brought in more since it shows 900 flax. we have used up all the flax from the garden.2 workers will work the garden and the city tailor will make linen to trade.the pigs are moved to the larger pen.we had hoped there would be some to butcher during the winter but none were big enough.a 10x30 dairy pasture is planned to the north.this will double our herd.hopefully,we will have enough milk to supply a creamery. 

our engineers were able to extend another outlet from the well.this will supply enough water for the greenhouses without digging.a wood cutter is setupto bundle the thatch.the bannies do say it burns better and prefer them. many adjustments for the year and they do show some progress.

before the smallpox was cleared up we lost 2 farmers.

pic 1:EB salt mine
pic 2: engineers boosted the water output
pic 3: 2nd dairy pasture,son pigs will split to both the small lots

brads3

YEAR 41

soon as it is mid-spring and the farmers are on the fields,the laborers head across the gate bridge to find more stones.a gothic butcher and jam house are planned.we want to finish the cemetary and start moving supplies for the 2nd city school.

there was some commotion over the butcher shop.the bannies wanted to pull meat from the forests.however the gothic butcher won't process the bison and they wanted to save the venison for deer jerky.the foresters don't want to build a wood butcher due to the fire risk.the women of course say the burgandy city butcher would clash with the stone buidings.for now the gothic butcher will process beef.the forest bannies say they will grind  their own deer sausages.
       the Rowhouse TP's won't stock the "my precious" items even though they should be flagged as textiles,coming from the 1.06 mod.i switched it with the coal  to the CC dock TP.this will work to pull the coal back out of the log depot that the crazy bannies like to store coal in.i do have the easy trading mod. the RH general trader does a good job of shipping furs and pelts.

to keep up with the saffety against any bandits,the CC gunsmith ade several cannons.we used them to oversea and protect  from any boats that  might make it over the lakes.3 star forts have been constructed.even as we built and slowly added houses,our stone maintains around 100.

a veggy field will swap to newly acquired tomato seed. there was just a tad more veggys than the sorter could handle a year.a couple sorghum fields switch as well. we show more veggys than fruits. the bean greenhouse is switched to blueberry.there is plenty of fish so we double the workers at Old Salty.

the butcher was found floating in the lake near the docks.seems he was accused of killing milk cows and a pig.some reason there is less in 2 pastures than there was in the summer.noone coud figure out where the pork went. 

pic 1: jam house and butcher
pic 2: double cemetary
pic 3: star forts
pic 4: norma RK houses
pic 5: pasture worker houses

brads3

YEAR 42

i checked on the miners briefly.they report 60% educated overall.however they have sent most of the uneducated to the RK stone mine.combined the mines bring in 150 stone a year.the laborers say there is enough stone around the forests to supply us for about 5years. after that the stone will be farther away and take much longer to haul back. this will buy time at the least. it is possable to dredge some stone from the lake with a couple tiny quarries just north of the gate.
         in mid spring,the workers head back to the forests to bring stone in.then they work to supply building materials. in late summer or fall,they start gathering  food.this works and we have shown a gain of stone the last few years.

a group of nomads shows up at the 2% welcome sign.this is a larger group of 21.our population is 385 total so 5%  would be 17.most likely next year will be a smaller group and we are behind a few houses.this group won't stay.i have fought with this mod trying to move it in the mod order several ways.seems it gives an odd count every so often and it does skip a year once out of 10 yrs or so.does give small groups for a couple years and normally a group every year. bout the time you think it is stable it will do something quirky.

i have been starting harvests of the orchards in late summer to early fall when they show 90% or more growth.this helps us get an extra 100 fruit per orchard.this year the crops were doing so good many of them could be harvested early as well.we will have a real good food year.would have been better if not for the fall blizzard.it snowed for a week,good thing the farmers started early.

2 greenhouses are built and a well dug.1 will grow strawberries to supply the jam house.a cart will help move fertilizer.an orchard has been cleared for blueberries.more bees will be needed to pollinate them and give more honey.

pic 1: orchard forest growth
pic 2: RK college
pic 3: more greenhouses and a fertilizer cart

brads3

YEAR 43

18 nomads arrive but will not stay. we would like to have more food stored.our education has improved over 50%.the families in the RK rowhouses are having more babies.soon we will have as many children as adults.most are at 4 banies but a couple  already have 5 to a family.

the bannies wanted more candles so a KID beekeper pollinates the bueberry orchard.the 2 bundle workers were talking ore than working so a 2nd shop was set up.the dock extended west adding a barn and rice paddy.the east end added a lighthouse to overlook the river.another is planned near the pastures.our builders are not having a good year.they have been slower than normal.

we are starting to use what we produce.tools,clothing,and firewood are break even. stone has improved we now have 400 stored.food has improved without any early snowstorms.we have used up the forest flax and traded the linen.the city tailor goes back to making hide coats.the seed trader has stopped work and he helps move coal for the RH general TP.over 10 bannies graduated during the year.   

pic 1: blueberry beekeeper
pic 2:2nd dock workshop
pic 3:south lighthouse
pic 4: north lighthouse

brads3

YEAR 44

the forest workers have trapped enough. there is a good supply of furs and leather both.those fruit trees did lure more animals.over time and several mod adjustments,the textiles are better balanced.some fur and pelts have been traded but it isn't overpowering.the city tailor will keep busy.the RH traders are busy searching for furs and pelts so they are slow at stocking the coal and feathers. the dock TP has some precious items and pearls.the foundry can process gold and silver ores.there is linen for this year and then we need to find a different trade good.

we are using more food than we should be.lots of it is the extra houses of the dock set and the many miners.if the dock workers can grow their own fruit and veggys,the fields could sustain the city as planned. the dock workers had a plan to build greenhouses over the lake.with plenty of water they want to try cucumbers and watermelons,they work thru the winter and have 5 greenhouses working,  the builders still have a house and some walkways to finish.more crates are needed for storage aslo.

took some time but i think the greenhouses on the lake look decent and will payoff to help[ the food supplies.KID's ghosted crates work super well there,his crates fit without being half in the walkway or half inside the greenhouse wall.TANDY's lily pads cover the raised terrain and slide nicely under the CC dock.

the laborers refused to haul all the stone by themselves.the mine needed dug deeper so the miners  helped carry stone from the forest.

we again denied the 18 nomads.1 laborer died from being overworked. his heart gave out. the pig farmers have a dispute. every time a pig is born in the holding pen, the other steals it.hence the fertilizer is way down. hopefully they get things sorted out or we will be out of fertilizer.400 ferilizer has vanished.i do hope nobody thought of putting it in canons to fire at bandits.

pic 1: dock greenhouses in winter. there is a dock road in the fronts.
pic 2: i did not have the riffle mod to slope the ground nor do i have ghosted planters to place inside the gh.
pic 3: cucmbers and waterleons will help keep the dock workers fed

kid1293

brads3

YEAR 45

fertilizer is down to under 200.the greenhouses produced well last year. the 6 RK greenhouses grew over 3600 fruit and vegetables.the foresters say they will add a grape forest south of the cherry.this will help give us wine in the future.once planted, the vines will be shorted than trees and the city will be able to see out over the land better.this takes the forests haf way down the river.the south lighthouse reports 2 tall hills blocking his view of any bandits.  4 families will move there.

the dock adds a seafood scavenger,another fishing pier,and more storage crates.they doubled the reed bundlers to produce more firewood.the south lake is larger so the bannies sent 2 ships to patrol it.they produced about 1500 food from the 5 greenhouses.the watermelons grow better than cucumbers.

the city adds a meat dryer to process bison.more houses have been built.the greenhouses were amazing at conserving fertilizer. never running out,they grew 3900+ food.ferilizer is now over 450.

pic 1: yr 45stats
pic 2: 2nd water scavenger
pic 3: meat dryer and more RK houses
pic 4: south lake patrol ships
pic 5: outputs of the RK greenhouses
pic 6: dock gh outputs