News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Just uploaded version 17018 of the Unified Mod.
All mods are now included beside only the picket fences which I will do at a later time as I was tired of adapting code after code after code. :)

Now time for some more moddelling :)

On the menu Ice Cream vendor, Small markets, Clay/Pottery chain.

I also added a new version of the EB Decorations Mod. I found that the 2x4 ghosted stockpile cap was 50 of the pivot.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

catty-cb

Thank you for all your hard work its appreciated   :)

embx61

Hard work?
Nah, as long as it is fun it is not really hard work :)

The bannies work harder then I so I was thinking to give them a larger beach so more decoration can be placed.
The smaller beach just remains and this will be another mod and the decoration will also fit this mod.

Footprint will be 22x14. Released beach is 12x12.

I thinking about to enlarge the parts were the wagons are on so more can be placed ghosted.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_13_08_18_9_37_32.jpeg

Goblin Girl

Oh, this is great!  I have this idea to do a whole area of a map that surrounds an isolated lake--with nothing but mansions and beaches and other fancy stuff. 

Where I live, rich people all have lake "cottages" that they go to on summer weekends.  Some of them retire there and live year round.  Heck, there are even tiny houses (without access to the lake front) for the waitresses, cashiers, cleaning and grounds-keeping staff. 

Having two sizes of beach will really improve my ability to load up the lake shore with them!

embx61

Placement can of course be an issue if the river or lake have many bents.
But in that case the flatten tool can come in handy to make the area a bit more straight before placement.

I not consider this a cheat as bannies know how a shovel works. :)
Some maps have just many small bents in lakes and rivers so it is even hard to place the Trading Post.
A lake would be the best is my bet for this beach.

I can make the beach as large as it can be but 14x22 seems okay but you guys and dolls are the players. I am just the modder who hardly plays with all the stuff I created. :)

Goblin Girl

Well if you're taking suggestions.... :D
Seriously, do you think you could make an angled beach?  Or one that is pie shaped, with only a few road tiles but taking up more space in the water?  I have no idea if either of these would be possible. 

embx61

Hardest part going to be the digging.
Digging is a square by square thing in Banished.

The game only digs a whole tile at the time so angled is difficult and maybe even impossible.
Need to do stepping of the hole.

That is why you see not much curves in Banished Mods what dig in the ground.
Banished is quite limited with digging.

brads3

EB if you angle the sides of the sand instead of squaring it off with the wood sides,will it slide under the ground? maybe the it would look like the sand slopes into the land. if not then you could add a square of the sand texture and players could extend the beach with road pieces.can  the extension sections be set at water level?

brads3

problem will be the edges where the roads hit the water edge. 3 different sand textures in this pic.

embx61

Problem is still the digging.
Making a mesh at a angle is not difficult but to make a angled hole is another matter.

Stepping is maybe the only solution and we always need something on the sides to cover the holes up.
A natural hole is possible.
I think Tom have his sand pit natural and I think he stated it was a bitch to get it to look decent.
If we dig a hole in Banished the ground texture will stretch depending how deep you go. The deeper the worse the stretching gets and will look awful.
That is why most of us cover the hole up with boards, bricks (Red's Canals) as natural flow over is very, very hard.

We need a texture what has sand in the middle part and some green or rock around the edges to make a gradual change over.
But because of the size of the object we need a very large texture (2048x2048) because repeat will show the edges in the middle too.

I found with digging if we get around 1 problem another problem pops up.

If I am in the stage the Large beach can get in the game I will make a test copy of the mesh and play around a bit to see what can be done.
No promise it will work but I will give it a shot. :)

Goblin Girl

Thanks, @embx61 .  Giving it a try is good enough for me!

embx61

I sometimes like a challenge so trying never hurts. :)

All what I can lose is some time as I always make backup copies of the meshes before getting crazy with them. :)

A little teaser.
Decoration from the Quarry set can be used on the both planked sides as they are about 0 level.
Then I added some planters between the ramps so players can put decoration scrubs/grass/flowers into them. :)

Still have to remap the textures as they are stretched because of moving pieces around but it is getting there.
Only thing is I probably have to separate the deco part from the beach mod as including them here as well is just overload and will give double Icons if both Beach mods are loaded.

I will make sure I mention in the Beach Deco Mod that it is for the Beach Mods because of the -52 z axis.

Goblin Girl

One request I have is for a railing on the ends of the side pieces that are closest to the water.  It reminds me of beach boardwalks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPEqRMVnZNU

embx61

So you post the drifters but want a railing?  ::)    :D :D
A railing is in the works though. :)

embx61

Stripped the Deco from the beach set so it will be a separate mod to avoid double icons if both beach mods are loaded.
It will still be visible under it's own Icon next to the 2 beaches buttons on the Village Town Services toolbar.

Tomorrow I will upload the beach and the deco mod.
Still some small touch ups to do and then the build stages and AO mapping. Hope to release by Thursday.

Here a screen shot from in the game.
I used some of Kids ghosted flowers set in the planters, the beach deco set, and some of the resort set as they are at level 0 so fit the boards at the sides. :)

I made the legs of some beach deco a bit longer so they can be 1 tile further to the waterline without starting to float.
The lounges are a good example.
In the pic it is as far as it will go because the sand start dropping.

Looks like the Bannies having a good time :)

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_13_08_18_8_18_11.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread