News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Quote from: Discrepancy on September 27, 2016, 02:55:46 AM
How old is the savegame? was DS Small Village loaded from beginning? or was it added after?

After my test I've gone back to an old save and am now at year 68. DSSV was added at ~40 years.

Quote from: Paeng on September 27, 2016, 03:46:08 AM
@Gatherer -
It might be worth to check your lakeside ports - pathing can be a bit iffy there and ports may need replacement / relocation once in a while...  :)

I have 9 trading posts: 7 NMC, 1 Tiny Trader by Kid1293 and 1 vanilla on a lake. Vanilla trading post is the only one that never had a DSSV bridge built upstream of it but it still bugged.

If you look at my last screenshot you will notice that the canal creates an alternative route for the traders to travel between their entry and exit point on the main river. That way they can skip the 2 drawbridges built in winter 63. But when the 3rd drawbridge was built upstream of the canal they would refuse to stop after a while. Somehow that 3rd drawbridge creates an obstacle of some sort.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

Could it be that you build the bridge in different ways? With, without or with different jetty items between the both bridge ends...

brads3

will the game recognize the canals and use them? or does the game still read them as land? the other thing would b to check mod order.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Yeah, looks precisely like mine... I'm stumped... :-\

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Pangaea

thelly

These are so nice. Thanks very much

Necora

Hey DS,

To further the conversation on traders and bridges...

I was playing a new map the other day, I tend to get bored pretty quick and start again, when I noticed that the trader at the small dock I had built was facing the wrong way, i.e. was facing up stream when he/she should have come down stream. He/she then left the dock, turned around, and went the correct way. So I waited for him/her, and watched the route taken. Here are a couple of screen shots.

Shot 1 - The Town View. I have a small trading dock, from the mini buildings mod. I also have one bridge over this river, the larger of the arc bridges from this set. (btw, I don't know how to embed the images attached)

Shot 2 - The Route View. Here I have taken a shot from the max view I get, and outlined the route of the trader in red arrows. The trader comes down the main river, then circumnavigates the large island between the lake, main river, and creek, going along the shore of the lake before travelling down the small creek that joins the main river once more, paddles up stream to the dock, trades, then turns around and leaves along the main river.

Shot 3 - A map view of the same above, showing the whole route.

I have not had a chance to play around with different bridge combinations yet, but it seems that traders certainly do not pass through the smaller bridges to visit a dock down stream of them, but will find another way round if possible. When I get a chance I will try with draw bridges and putting a bridge on the small creek.

Abandoned

Is the jetty pieces to the right of the arched bridge preventing the ship going under?  I don't know, have not used the jetty pieces yet but I have used the mini trading post.  On the first map I tried it, the boat approached from upstream but turned itself around facing the direction it had just come from just before docking, when dismissed it turned back around again and headed downstream.  There was no bridge on the river just a full size dock upstream.  On that map the mini dock was on the right bank of the river like yours.  On my currant map I am also using the mini dock but I placed it on the left bank of the river, so far there has been no turning around before or after docking.

Paeng

Hmmm... I'm having things like that happen ever since - see a detailed description here:
http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/tuckeyes-t234.html

Or I had a trader coming downriver, through a lake and into a port... on dismissing, instead of continuing downriver, he made a u-turn and rowed upriver(!) almost to the end of the map, than made a u-turn again, going back all the way, this time (properly) bypassing my port and disappearing off the map...

That a trader completely "ignores" a port is rather seldom, but not unknown either....  :)

With more observation and trials (like moving the ports) it always boiled down to weird terrain features, quirky pathing or spooky maps - specially those xtra large ones are partial to generate all kinds of weird happenings.

Discrepancy

So for a future release I have spent a bit of time and added a second texture variant to all the jetty/bridge pieces - the textures still need some work, but code is all done.
Also, a variant of the larger Drawbridge, that requires stone in the construction and is overall more sturdy, and thus can have a completed walkway.
I added an alternate direction corner piece.
A few more 2x1 alternate longer plank variants.
Also a new 3x3 jetty fishing spot:

I am worried though about all the F-key variants, I want to add another texture again, so there will be three, but that will mean the 1x1 & the 2x1 pieces will each have at least 18 f-key variants - I think that might be too many, it is annoying I think as it is with 12 as I have just made it - particularly when you want one piece, and have to 'scroll' through so many.

and some more bridge models I'm working on...
time to make the build models, code and also angled variants :)

Whoyou13

This should be done by other modders too, different texture should be in different button.

brads3

i  agree. plus separate the jetty variants out. so we have a space for single,double n triple lengths.but under each texture.if it ,eans another toolbar so b it.but it would solve your issue of scrolling thru each 1.

DesoPL

Paeng

Yeah, I agree that different textures should be separated...
Having uprights separate is not terribly important to me - I can live with all the effing as long as it stays in the same texture group.  :)

Good about adding another direction corner... I'd also suggest a corner piece - right angle (90°), but with a (diagonal) miter-cut... ;)