Sightseeing In Banished Land

Started by Paeng, November 11, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Looks like my sightseeing tours are becoming a regular tourist trap...  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

yeah the most beautiful herbalist place i ve seen in this game :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

squashedtoad

Hi!  I would love to know which mod gives you the flowering trees (magnolia and the purple flowered one...)...????  Thanks!!!

elemental

Quote from: squashedtoad on December 10, 2016, 07:59:20 AM
Hi!  I would love to know which mod gives you the flowering trees (magnolia and the purple flowered one...)...????  Thanks!!!

Well actually that's a long story. I made the textures for those trees but they haven't been released as a completed mod yet. They are based on CC trees and Kralyerg is working on the final release. I gave him over 150 tree, bush, and flower textures back in August. I don't know when they will be ready for release.

Kral has already included some of them in megamod, but if you don't use megamod you can use my beta test file (attached) instead. It's not a final release but I've been using it for ages without any problems. But do remember that adding mods to an existing game can cause problems, so use at your own risk.  :)  This isn't an official final release so I won't create a special thread for it here on WOB.

The trees and plants are free to build and are purely decorative. They have no function in the game. They can't be built on road tiles, only on empty ground. You can delete them with the "remove buildings" tool. I made them to add a bit of colour to the Banished world. They certainly aren't perfect but I quite like them.  :)

squashedtoad

Thank you!  Thank you!

Looking forward to playing with the trees.  :)

purringcat

Quote from: elemental on December 11, 2016, 01:02:57 AM
Quote from: squashedtoad on December 10, 2016, 07:59:20 AM

Well actually that's a long story. I made the textures for those trees but they haven't been released as a completed mod yet. They are based on CC trees and Kralyerg is working on the final release. I gave him over 150 tree, bush, and flower textures back in August. I don't know when they will be ready for release.

Kral has already included some of them in megamod, but if you don't use megamod you can use my beta test file (attached) instead. It's not a final release but I've been using it for ages without any problems. But do remember that adding mods to an existing game can cause problems, so use at your own risk.  :)  This isn't an official final release so I won't create a special thread for it here on WOB.

The trees and plants are free to build and are purely decorative. They have no function in the game. They can't be built on road tiles, only on empty ground. You can delete them with the "remove buildings" tool. I made them to add a bit of colour to the Banished world. They certainly aren't perfect but I quite like them.  :)

150 plants... that's worth hanging around for.    I will definitely download your beta test file.   I quite like them also and the added color is a welcome addition to the game.   

Tom Sawyer

I've looked at these trees. The Magnolia is really an eye-catcher in game.

brads3

i would like to see more pics of those trees and shrubs. wonder what else elemental has he is hiding from us.

elemental

The test file above is the second one that Kralyerg made for me. It doesn't have all of my plants in it - you will find more in megamod - but out of the two test files this one has the most variety.

There definitely won't be 150 different plants, at least not anytime soon. Most of them are just colour variations of the same plant. For example, 30 maples (3 different trunk/branch colours and 10 different leaf colours), 13 tulips, 8 wisterias, 4 willows. That's already over 50 with only 4 different plants. Many of them I haven't yet seen in game even as a test, so when they do get released it's possible that some of them won't be very nice. It's all guess work until you see them in the game.

I'm not a 3D modeller and as I said, these are all based on CC trees, so they aren't my 3D models. Kral is kindly putting it all together but it takes time.

Paeng

My Big Fat Port   ;D

;)

Abandoned

Oh my gosh, doesn't that look really nice.  Nice combination of buildings in that port area.  Big port really a nice addition to the game.

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

Very nice. I also like the combination with the small/big CC storage buildings. They fit good together.

Paeng

Meanwhile, Deep In The Forest...

;)

Abandoned

really nice, set looks good in the snow too.