News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD : Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 28, 2014, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello everyone !

This MOD : Steph's Grain Silos v 1.0 is a special request from a friend :)

This mod introduce a new building in the game : Grain Silos. This special high capacity building allow you to store more grains (or coal) than any storage building. It has a capacity of 40,000 weight units and it accept only the food that has been labeled " Grain " (or coal if placed near a coal mine)

this high building has 5x7 and cost 64 wood 36 stones and 12 iron. It require no workers like the common barn.

I hope everyone will like this new building built at 100% with my hands ^^ Be indulgent about my draw skills ^^

Enjoy !!!

Steph's Grain Silos v 2.0.zip

no idea if compatible with old save games. at your own risks.

changelog:

seperated grain and coal silos. they have their own building now. same building , different color.

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

mellowtraumatic

RedKetchup

slink

It looks beautiful!  That's an odd combination though, grain and coal.   :)

RedKetchup

thats what i ve got asked. She told me they originaly built for grain but they can also use it for coal. personally i never heard of that before but it s most likely possible :)

slink

We used to play with coal that fell out of the chute when it was being delivered to one of the apartment buildings I grew up in.  That was before they cleaned up the city and made everyone use fuel oil.  I don't remember it very well except that my mother would scold me and take it away from me if she caught me with it.  It was great for drawing on sidewalks.  I seem to recall that it is more dense than charcoal, which would make sense because it is formed by pressing plants very tightly rather than by burning wood.  Still, it might not be as dense as, say, limestone, which is the shells of water animals pressed very tightly.  That is, limestone is calcium carbonate rather than carbon.  So ... maybe coal is not too much heavier than grain and won't make the silo split apart.

I could look up the numbers, but rambling on about it is so much more fun.   ;D

RedKetchup

i just hope citizens will wash it alot before being recycled from grain to coal to grain :)

slink

I fear they will store both in there together, unless you found a way to prevent that.

RedKetchup

nan i didnt. it s a 1.0 so ... maybe they will be some changes :) like 1 seperatly for grain and 1 for coal. or if i find how to deal with it as storage and like trading post management :)

RedKetchup

but ....... i like it to be able to complete a mod every 2-3 days :) it gives some action :)

Bobbi

Incredible, @RedKetchup. When I pop back in to see how you are doing on new houses, BAM. You have another swell mod ready for download. Looks awesome. Hope I don't have to restart again...prolly have to anyway when new houses are done. Right now testing Shockpuppet Town and textiles.

RedKetchup

yeah.... i optimized my production IMO , working on 2-3 projects in same time hehehe

Bobbi

Weeeellll, as long as you are doing special requests, can you help out Elfecutioner with a "skin" for his general store? He said he was willing to accept help, and I love his smaller vendor buildings, but I hate that the general store looks like the tavern.

slink

Reskinning the original buildings will have to wait for Luke to give us the original skins.  They are a patchwork.  The skin for the apiary is below.

Apiary.png" id="thumb_3939" border="0