News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD:Soybeans

Started by JamieIdle, October 25, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieIdle

So I am playing around with trying to create a new crop using beans as a template and the lettuce example provided to create Soybeans...

I have everything setup Except the Model and Material Instance section. Apparently the mod kit doesn't included the lovely .fbx files and I haven't a clue how to make one.

slink

The FBX file is there for the lettuce.

JamieIdle

Quote from: slink on October 25, 2014, 03:50:32 PM
The FBX file is there for the lettuce.

Yes, but I don't want Soybeans that look like Lettuce. It is surprising how the modkit leaves out the art resources. I would be happy if I could just reuse the beans .fbx and such, but it isn't available.

JamieIdle

Soybeans mod file and source. Sadly using the lettuce mesh. If anyone wants some nice Vegan protein crop it might be worth looking over the Lettuce mesh.

slink

Actually, you can reuse the FBX for beans if you want to.  You just can't edit it.  I thought you were looking for an FBX file to edit.

JamieIdle

@slink I can't find those files in my modkit. Where are they? The entire set of pngs and .fbx for beans do not appear available.

slink

You don't need to locate them to use them.  Refer to them by the same statements as are in the standard bean RSC files.

JamieIdle

@slink hmmm I had tried that. I will retry and see if I made a mistake.

slink

Here is a soybean model which uses the lettuce leaf texture.  Make a copy of your lettuce directories and copy this in.  Edit whatever files you need to make it work, or rename it to lettuce.FBX and try it that way.  If the soybean plant is too large or too small let me know, or edit it yourself.

Good luck.   ;)

JamieIdle2.0

@slink thanks! I will try it when I have time.

Coug_r

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 25, 2014, 02:57:48 PM
So I am playing around with trying to create a new crop using beans as a template and the lettuce example provided to create Soybeans...

That's how it all started. We were a nice group of banished, living out of potatoes, venison and steaks, when the hipsters and vegans arrived, providing soybeans and tofu. Soon they will try to harvest seaweed from the lakes and rivers, soon the wheat will be banned and replaced by something gluten-free.

We are doomed, doomed !

[]-->

Pangaea

You actually touch on something that annoys me there. Gluten-free food is supposed to be for people who are allergic to it. But now it's hard to get it for those people, because seemingly every Tom, Dick and Jane are buying gluten-free because it's supposed to be more healthy (is it? Who knows. Maybe stepping out of bed with the left food first is more healthy too...). I'm not allergic to that myself, but it must be frustrating for those who are to not find the right food in the stores.

On a different topic, today I read about a study from Sweden that concluded that milk was dangerous, and lead to earlier death from heart and cardiovascular failures. I love the stuff, so that's a bit unsettling!

salamander

It's a wonder that humans have lasted as long as they have, isn't it?  ;)

slink

My news source said today about a study on milk : "The study shows only association rather than cause and effect and further studies are needed before dietary recommendations are altered."

Coug_r

Quote from: Pangaea on October 29, 2014, 03:40:10 PM
On a different topic, today I read about a study from Sweden that concluded that milk was dangerous, and lead to earlier death from heart and cardiovascular failures. I love the stuff, so that's a bit unsettling!

I heard from serious authorities that life is dangerous. So far approx. 100% of all human beings who were born are now dead or will die within a few decades (excl. a couple Biblical examples and maybe one or two North Korean dictators). So far science can't do anything about it!