Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mathieuso Sugar Version 2

Started by slink, November 11, 2014, 01:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Mathieuso Sugar Version 1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=31

This mod adds sugar beets worth 1 each, which can be refined to sugar which is worth 4.  10 sugar beets make 4 to 8 sugar.  The labor used is a brewer.  The limit on sugar is the food limit.  The sugar is defined as edible, with no other value.  The sugar beets are vegetables.

Version 2 adds the smoke to the processing building and corrects the sub-normal yield of sugar beets per field.

JamieIdle2.0

@slink why would anyone turn 10 food into 1 food that has a negative profit of -6???

slink

Because you can't grow pure sugar?

To be honest, I thought I had set it to 5 sugar beets for 1 sugar when I set the value of sugar to 4, but realized after I posted it that it was 10.  However, ale is only worth 8 and it takes 30 fruit to make 1 ale.  That is a loss of 29.

Sugar is pretty much worthless on its own, as is honey when it is set to satisfy no nutritional need.  Only by fermenting them or cooking with them will they become something valuable, and also useful to the colonists.

RedKetchup

Quote from: slink on November 11, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

To be honest, I thought I had set it to 5 sugar beets for 1 sugar when I set the value of sugar to 4, but realized after I posted it that it was 10.  However, ale is only worth 8 and it takes 30 fruit to make 1 ale.  That is a loss of 29.

30 fruit to make :
   int _lowCreateCount = 7;
   int _highCreateCount = 10;

7 to 10 ale with a 8 TV each = 56 to 80 TV total. a + of 26 to 50 profit
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 11, 2014, 06:26:54 PM
Quote from: slink on November 11, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

30 fruit to make :
   int _lowCreateCount = 7;
   int _highCreateCount = 10;

7 to 10 ale with a 8 TV each = 56 to 80 TV total. a + of 26 to 50 profit
Oh, okay.  Well, sugar has these values. 

int _lowCreateCount = 4;
   int _highCreateCount = 8;

Therefore 10 sugar beets create 16 to 32 TV total.  That's not as bad as it looked when I posted it.  It did look better in the game than what I posted.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 11, 2014, 01:06:21 PM
The sugar beets are vegetables.

Does this mean the citizens are eating the sugar beets? Blech! Have these people no standards?  ;D

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 12, 2014, 08:33:09 AM
Quote from: slink on November 11, 2014, 01:06:21 PM
The sugar beets are vegetables.

Does this mean the citizens are eating the sugar beets? Blech! Have these people no standards?  ;D

Well, yes, I suppose they are.   ;D

slink

Yield of sugar beets is corrected, and the smoke now comes from the chimney of the processing building when a brewer is working there.

Fellow Villager

great...are you thinking to add sugar cane and distillery too?

slink

Quote from: Fellow Villager on November 13, 2014, 04:00:16 AM
great...are you thinking to add sugar cane and distillery too?

Not at this time.   :)