News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished UI: Minimised Toolbar v1.0 (updated 24 June 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 03:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

version: 1.0          release: 2019-06-24
Banished UI: Minimised Toolbar

This mod minimises the menu buttons that allow the construction of the standard Banished buildings.
(consolidates the Housing, Transport, Storage, Services, Food, Resource Production menu's into one single menu)
It is ideal for those playing with other mods that add to the community mod tool-bar.

* includes 5 variants - you can only use 1 at a time!

Installation:
- download the mod, it will be a .zip folder that will need to be extracted (unzipped).
- choose a style, and navigate to the folder
- copy/move the mod file 'banishedUImt.pkm' of your choosing.
- navigate to your Banished/WinData folder
  (if using Steam version it might be at C:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonBanishedWinData or similar)
- paste/move the mod file 'banishedUImt.pkm' into BanishedWinData folder
- run the game and enable the mod in the Mods menu, enable in pause screen of a save-game file.
- this mod will need to be above any others that may alter the same 'Game/Toolbar.rsc' file.
  (mod will throw up a conflict, ignore and place above mod that conflicts)

Download v1.0 from here.

Change Log:
v1.0  -  major update -- 2019-06-24
    - rewrite of all code, minimises the standard (vanilla) building buttons.
    - 5 variants of toolbar button

v0.9  -  initial release -- 2017-02-16
   - minimises all buttons except Options.

Hawk

Nice!!!!  :)
I put this in both of my 1.07 games and it's definitely helpful, especially with the TimeIsMoney mod.
I could easily revert one of my Banished installs back to 1.06 if it needs testing, if no one else is still running 1.06.

Edit 1: I went a head and reverted one of my installs back to 1.06 and your Toolbar mod works fine in it.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

QueryEverything

so, people like me who forgot what Vanilla looks like, don't need to worry about clutter :)  awesome work!! 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

wow, thanks @Discrepancy.  This will be nice for screenshots, my keyboard is not real sensitive and the key combination for shots without the UI doesn't always work and I miss the shot altogether.  A shortened toolbar will be nice.

brads3

interesting idea. can this be expanded on??? could it be set to show select icons and not all?? say show the game speed,gear controls,removal tools,and the exit menu icons but hide the houses,storage,etc and either minimize those oor force them under another icon???

st2050

Hello, Discrepancy!

Could you also hide all other buttons like ColonialCharter, RK, Minibuildings, ModCollectionsToolbar and so one?
Buttons are buttons, no matter what they are about?
---
** We have talked a long time ago about bigger 3-column Townhall Inventory Window.
Now I can see a lot of new quality mods from you. Some are very impressive)

Hawk, thanks for the advice about TimeIsMoney!

Discrepancy

updated to v1.0

see first post for details.

QuoteHello,
Minimised Toolbar has been updated.
It now only moves the Housing, Transport, Storage, Services, Food and Resource Production menu's into a single menu button.
There are 5 variants of the button, which means 5 versions of the mod. The download is modest (480KB) and includes all the variants.
See the included readme file and preview picture for each version (or scroll up to the first post).
DS

Nilla

Artfactial

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.