News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Clermott

Started by brads3, May 04, 2020, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 17

another worker is needed at the south forest. a 2nd plymouth house is built there.then we start work on the leather chains.an RK water tower,  EB tannery and leatherworks are needed at the fort. now we can make and trade saddles.

pic 1: water tower
pic 2: EB tannery and leatherworks

brads3

YEAR 18 and 19

the pace has picked up. we need to increase the food and tools to continue taking nomads.we plow another veggy field. an RK hunting tower will work between the forest and hay field.a rowhouse blacksmith will work to supply tools for the miners.a 10x12 orchard is planted as well.

our biggest problem is cutting enough logs.we have tried not to clear cut so the trees will grow back.

we trade for grape and strawberry seeds and 200 firewood. 20 saddles are traded for 320 swet potatoes.

pic 1:rowhouse blacksmith
pic 2: hunting tower betweeen the hay field and forest
pic 3: grape orchard

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

population has more than doubled to 107. we have 11 staudents and 53 workers in 23 houses.  2 groups of help arrived,adding 18 bannies.they dug 2 mines and planted a fodder meadow.we traded for veggy,grape,and strawberry seed and longhorns.we had 1 child get lost and die.

we added a 2nd forester.the meadow has been cleared and provides thatch. with the leather chain making saddles, we extended our trade posts. the fort has a school and butcher.as the north farms add more fields,our diet improves.

i think the lack of logs is partly due to the smaller map size.there isn't enough land to cut trees.i do have a plan to solve that issue.more farmyards are needed to bring firewood from the north and a larger forest to the west.the help will continue to arrive every few years but will also be in larger groups. we need to increase supplies and food to support the production chains.

goals for the next decade- once we get the firewood stable,we can process the gold ore and  start construction on the west town.soon we will need to smelt iron ore into iron.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:graphs

brads3

YEAR 20 and 21

we start planning a RK forest west of the north lake.18 helpers arrive. they have some chickens and goats.we can use those to build KID's farmyards. 5 couples,several teen workers, and 5 children. 2 of the kids will fish behind the barracks while houses are built.

an RK forester,gathering hut,and a old hunter cabin are built.the hunter and gatherer will work between the 2 forests. it will take some time to haul materials so far. even with more builders,construction goes thru winter.2 of Pilgrim's colonial houses are built with the lumber we stored. each has a KID farmyard to help supply firewood for the farm area. the crops are adjusted now that we have gained some new seeds. 2 more fields are planted.

trading brougt in 4 chickens,wheat seed, and some carrots.

pic 1:trout fishing
pic 2:goats and chicken farmyards
pic 3: RK forest and old hunter hut

brads3

YEAR 22 and 23

now that the logs situation is dealt with,we need to increase iron and iron ore. a KID portable mine will bring in the iron ore and a RK blacksmith will smelt the iron.        a colonial school was built for the west town.the teacher lives in a RK country house.

while we work to catch up some resources,2 bridges are needed. 1 to access land farther north and 1 to help bring goods east of the fort.the north farms adds a small pasture for the chickens.

as we took more time to cut trees, we haven't had time to collect iron ore.we go from a log shortage to a tool shortage.

we trade for watermelon seed,  turnips, and 50 stone tools.
pic 1: KID mine and RK blacksmith
pic 2: east bridge
pic 3: far north bridge and chicken pasture

brads3

YEAR 24 and 25

22 nomads arrive.13 workers with 9 children. work to the far north begins. a 2nd fodder meadow and our 4th forest will work to bring in more logs.the bannies take time to haul in more iron ore.

a Sherbrooke market was built to move food for the west miners.

our traders have been busy bringing in food.we also took in some fire bundles.

pic 1: far north forest and fodder meadow
pic 2: west market

brads3

YEAR 26 and 27

2 gathering huts with storage will work the north forest and fodder meadow.more fields are cleared.the north farms will process jams and added a 3rd sorting shed for the veggy's.a 3rd pasture is fenced for the chickens.

the west town adds a colonial mill and bakery and a wooden butcher. a walnut tree helps provide more food.EB's shoemaker finished the leather chain at the fort.

in the hurry to make tools,our blacksmith suffered severe burns. he is our 2nd death.

just before summer of year 27,18 nomads arrive. the barracks still has bannies living in it.they start clearing land for the DS town.

the general trade post brings in food,tools ,and fire bundles.

pic 1:workplace jam preservist,
pic 2:colonial mill and bakery.
pic 3: EB's shoe maker

brads3

YEAR 28

it certainly got busy with the new nomad group. a clay pit and a EB sand pit work the river. a construction yard will cut lumber.to supply the DS town with firewood,a KID sawmill is built across the river.it will take time to build up materials but they have helped clear lots of logs and stone.

the east town built a meeting hall and a playground for the school.   the north farms continues to add Pilgrtim's colonial houses. 

pic 1: start of the DS town, construction yard and clay pit, and EB's sand pit       
pic 2: meeting hall
pic 3: wool farmyard

brads3

YEAR 29

the north farms adds a school.more watermelons and a farmyard are planted along the stream.the chickens are moved out of the holding pen to the east meadow. a cemetary was added near the meeting hall.the DS workers cleared land and laid train tracks thru the mountain.more workers were sent to help haul goods for the trad posts and markets.

considering the game pushed us with large set of nomads,we did maintain supplies well. there are 3 families still living in the barracks.they are waiting on lumber to build houses.

pic 1: farm school
pic 2:cemetary
pic 3: railroad tunnel

Kristahfer

I really like the way you match your housing to your layouts.

Do you pre-plan and the create, or create a construction hub near by and then build out.

Or are you just and artist and paint your canvas.

Good work my friend

brads3

LOL, no i am not an artist. things look good is all a tribute to the great modders. i do plan some things. i come up with an idea of a goal to achieve. did a start fort long ago,did a train cross 1 map,a zoo,most of the crop seeds,etc. different ideas along the way. when i open the map to start i pause and look around to get ideas.

this map gave a nice spot between the lakes for the fort. the goal was to build the DS factories and use colonial houses. the DS buildings take a lot more work to build,more materials and more processed items. with this being a medium sized map, it is much harder to find enough logs and will be harder to support with food. the west is zoned to produce needed stuff,mostly tools,stone, and iron. the east is zoned for the DS buildings.the north is filling with farms to provide as much food as it can.

this map is challenging. it has already sent nomads fast. the bannies franticly work to get ahead on supplies, but can't cut logs fast enough. the bannies like to mess up whatever i plan too. so the plan has to be flexible. if we can get firewood and lumber cut before the next group of help arrives,we will survive.

there are KID wild west and EB farm houses at the fort. PILGRIM's colonial houses for the farmers.<how i wish he would finish this mod>. KID colonial and RED's country houses make up the west town.RED has more sets that are planned for the DS town. those will need lumber and glass. the east town will need a construction hub with the processors.

tomorrow, i'll get you some overviews to see where things are.

Kristahfer

brads3

YEAR 30 REVIEW

population huge jump to 216, with 41 students and 61 young children.we have 42 houses including the barracks.educatgion level at 30% with KID's patch so it doesn't affect the farmers.again population doubled with 3 nomad groups adding 58 bannies. we had 1 death of a blacksmith.

that was a huge push. we did not get all our goals but did handle the incoming help. there isn't a smelter for the gold ore. 2 forests and KID's sawmill kept us supplied of firewood. an RK blacksmith smelts iron and makes copper tools.the DS workers are cutting lumber and extending the train tracks.

the north farms expanded.they needed their own school.  they gained chickens,wheat, and watermelon seeds. the west town processes the wheat into bread and cuts beef steaks.the town center will be a popoular hang out spot when laborers get some idle time. our trade posts have been busy bringing in food,tools,and firewood.they export clothing ,flowers,feathers, and saddles.

goals-we are behind on housing.if the population doubles again, that'll be 200 more mouths to feed and supply. this will be scarey to catch up.our goal is for the DS workers to bring the train in so it can bring logs and food.  the trade posts will ship processed goods.hopefully i can get time for the bannies to do some cleanup around the towns.       

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs
pic 5: overview
pic 6: west overview
pic 7: north overview

brads3

YEAR 30

we need to clear more land for the  farms and use those logs to cut lumber.we also ned to process more leather. once the DS workers have lumber they can build houses. we have leather to trade for now. we will need to produce more trade goods soon.

the Pilgrim's rest gives the fort a tavern. it will make blueberry ale.the My precious smelter makes gold guilder.a 2nd tannery will speed up the leather chain.

pic 1:DS worker house 1
pic 2: Pilgrim's Rest tavern
pic 3:my precious smetler

brads3

YEAR 31

a 3rd worker is sent to the sawmill. we need to increase the firewood.the farmers are busy clearing land for more pastures.a colonial tailor is built for the west town. with all these colorful houses, it made sence to add the paint chain.a flax garden and a paint house are completed.

finally, we cut enough lumber to build the 3rd house for the DS workers.1 family remains in the barracks.

the merchants bring food to our trading posts. the farm trader has seen several boats go by with trade animals and occasionally an odd seed.

pic 1:colonial tailor
pic 2: paint house
pic 3: 3rd DS worker house