News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Summer Haven Hideaway - Story 56

Started by Abandoned, May 31, 2020, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Chapter 19

Maybe it was because the previous year had been so busy or maybe it was because the winter had seemed so long but as soon as the temperature rose above 50F in early spring of year 19 rocking chairs began appearing on the haven platforms.  People on both the high and low levels wanted to sit out and enjoy the spring sunshine.  Pots of flowers began appearing on the haven platforms too and elsewhere around town at ground level.  There were even pots of hollyhocks and sunflowers around the pool. 

By late spring of year 20 our population was 155, 93 adults, 19 students, and 43 young children, all were healthy and happy.  Our Hideaway had 42 homes for 53 families.  The education rate was up to 46%.  We worked and studied hard in fall, winter, and spring so we could enjoyed our Hideaway more in summer when the sun shines bright on our happy summer homes.

Abandoned

Chapter 20

So, weary traveler, you arrived just in time to enjoy summer.  Our Summer Haven Hideaway is a happy place to be especially in summer. 

In the center of town is a park and farmer's market, not far from the school and playground.  Houseboats and homes have a lovely view of the river that is free of pirates.  There's fishing on the river and crabbing in the smaller lake.  Our summer farm fields and our backyard farmyards and workplaces provide for most of our needs, but the workers have plenty of time to enjoy the gazebo and sailboats on the lake.  Tree Topper residents enjoy their view of the lake and the Haven folks enjoy being close to the pool where we can go swimming every day.

As I said, weary traveler, you've arrived just in time, because here comes summer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mut23J5goEQ

Happy Summer, Weary Traveler

The End

CookieBarrel

Very much enjoyed your story and the surprising twist too a musical.
Just needed the tequila billboard for the drive-in. ;)
Happy summer!

Abandoned

;D  Thanks, @CookieBarrel   Tequila billboard sign would have been cool  ;D  I did not think of that old song until almost the end of the map and story.  Sometimes a song will inspire a story and sometimes story reminds me of a song.   ;D Smallville Musicals

taniu

@Abandoned :D ;D ;D Thank you very much for nice and  to the smallest details of this story, which made me like to read them. Thank you for testing every story. You are very ambitious, you spent a lot of time and effort to show us players what you can do and how to play Banished - thanks a lot - I think that after the holidays you will continue to create new fantastic stories - together @ Kid1293 - I hope you  will not leave us ?. I wish you a lot of health and a nice holiday. Regards

Kristahfer

Another delight for my eyes and mind.

Thank You @Abandoned

Abandoned

:) thanks guys, @kid1293  and I have a few more ideas for mods and stories, we'll be here for a while.  :)

Kid Summer Haven has been released - info and link to mod download can be found here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3771.0

taniu

@Abandoned ;D ;DI am very happy that you and @ kid1293 will still be again - @RedKetchup has left this page and has a different job  :( I have a question, what will be with mod "Hobbit World" be - will anyone else moderate this interesting @RedKetchup project? One more sad message stopped working page "blackliquidsoftware" - BlackLiquid. Regards

Abandoned

:)  @taniu   @kid1293 has made some Hobbit Houses and there is a beta version to download on the Hobbit World thread:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=963.msg67410#msg67410    There will be more added to it  :) but it will be awhile.

taniu

@Abandoned ;D  ;D thank you for the good news - I am very happy - when it comes to the Hobbit beta2 mod - I have already downloaded it, put it in the Kid's catakogue - so as not to get lost - I do not have all the new mods - currently installed in the game - I also like playing with different mods - published by moderators> I will try to start placing them slowly into the game, but not all at once because there may be some small conflict> I would like to try to create a beach and a nice little lake that you created - I really like this idea - but I don't know if I will succeed? I've been playing this game for a long time - but I'm more focused on building small, self-sufficient villages - without having to trade goods.Regards

Abandoned

I also like towns to be more self-sufficient than relying on trade.  Good luck with your next village @taniu    :)