News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Bridge Crossing v2.0 (updated 01 Mar 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 25, 2017, 10:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Bridge Crossing - v2.0 **NEW VERSION -- 01 March 2018

Adds 6 Bridge Crossings that can be built over streams, rivers, or even lakes.

Toolbar location:
-  'Mod Collections toolbar'
-      'DS Mods'
-          'Roads, Tunnels & Bridges'
-              'Bridge Crossings'

Build a drag-able (from shoreline-to-shoreline) Bridge Crossing:
- Rough Log Bridge (2 logs + 2 work per tile to build)
- Log Bridge (3 logs + 3 work per tile to build)
- Covered Log Bridge (5 logs + 4 work per tile to build)
- Stone & Log Bridge (2 stone + 2 logs + 4 work per tile to build)
- Town Stone Bridge (5 stone + 5 work per tile to build)
- Guard Tower Bridge (2 stone + 3 logs + 5 work per tile to build)

Download:

Download the NEW version 2.0 from here.

Change Log:

v2.0  --  major update  --  01 Mar 2018  [download .zip 4.97MB (5097KB)  | unzip/unpack .pkm = 7.35MB (7536KB)]
      - added 4 new bridges: Stone & Log, Covered Log, Town Stone & Guard Tower Bridges.
      - adjusted size of Log Bridge (formerly Log Bridge Crossing).
      - all bridges are now within a single toolbar button.
      - new sprite toolbar images.
      - edited texts.
      - updated DStoolbar files.

v1.1  --  critical bug fix update  --  27 Feb 2017
      - Fixed issue of icon not appearing in toolbar menu.
      - Added second bridge: Rough Log Bridge Crossing.

v1.0  --  27 Feb 2017
      - Initial release.

StringTable download for Translation modding.

ancientmuse

Whoa... those look pretty darn rickety like they're about to fall apart... love it ! 

They'll be perfect for a really rugged looking forest-type settlement with hovel style houses.  ;)

TheOtherMicheal

Anybody else having problems with the mod being enabled but the bridge not showing up on the menu?
I have other DS mods for 1.0.7 so I've tested this mod in a few positions in my load order, currently I have it as the first mod but it's still not appearing in game to build.

Hawk

I can confirm. I don't see it either, and I also have it at the top of the mods list.
I even looked for it in the default roads and bridges button.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on February 26, 2017, 09:07:24 AM
Anybody else having problems with the mod being enabled but the bridge not showing up on the menu?
I have other DS mods for 1.0.7 so I've tested this mod in a few positions in my load order, currently I have it as the first mod but it's still not appearing in game to build.
Quote from: Hawk on February 26, 2017, 09:34:04 AM
I can confirm. I don't see it either, and I also have it at the top of the mods list.
I even looked for it in the default roads and bridges button.

Yes I can confirm this is the case.

It all works fine in the modkit environment, but as soon as it is loaded into the main game it isn't showing.

I've already re-written a lot of the code again, re-compiled 20+ times but still the same?    :(

back to it.

TheOtherMicheal

Some other information that may be of use: -

With this mod placed high in the load order** and although the icon for the bridge didn't show up under the community toolbar (or anywhere else as far as I could tell), the mod did make changes to the info-panel to show the new resource flags (the info-panel that displays town name, number of citizens, happiness, health etc. etc.)

I don't recall all the names for the new flags but I distinctly remember "industrial fuel" as being one of the new resources.

** specifically, above such mods as CC 1.7

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 26, 2017, 04:11:52 PM
Yes I can confirm this is the case.

It all works fine in the modkit environment, but as soon as it is loaded into the main game it isn't showing.

I've already re-written a lot of the code again, re-compiled 20+ times but still the same?    :(

back to it.

yes there is a kind of a trap! we used to see our things in our own setup and set order so sometimes, if not written properly, it still can be ok in our own setup and we never know if it is really universal or not (for someone who doesnt have our own setup)
this is why i waited to have half of my mods re-written before releasing them so i can have time to figure out my toolbars correctly. and i've put all the final setup that needs to be shared in all my mods.
because once defined in 1 mod, all the others mods cannot redefined it since the game will skip the 2nd and subsequent ones it finds.

it is a bit complicated, but once done, we dont have to change it and go back. we just need to copy over the dialog/game folders.

but also maybe, what it could helped me, is the fact i never never never work in the toolkit environment. i always start the real game like if i was really playing a real game ^^ i am still surprised i never got banned from steam for having log on/off 534,963 times last 2 years lol

there is certainly an error where is set your toolbar icon for your bridge.
what is your ....Resource.rsc file and the other one at the root ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

yes @RedKetchup , I had mistakenly called the root mod folder BridgeCrossing instead of DSBridgeCrossing, i had forgotten the modkit does not like this. I have fixed it, and will update mod in a little while.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

New version 1.1 is available from the downloads.

I added a new bridge:

I have tested, and it works for me in both environments now. Thanks for your patience.

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Hawk

That new bridge is one strange looking beast.  ;D
I'll go get the new version. Thanks!!!

Edit 1: Yep! I got the buttons now.  :)

Are you going to be updating your roads to the new toolbar soon?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

Not only did you get a fix for the problem, you did it in only a few hours AND you gave us another bridge to play with!  :)
With all the goodies you modders are giving us lately I would happily wait a week for all the technical/bug fixes to be made  ;D

More awesome work from you @Discrepancy  Thank you for all your efforts  :)

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 26, 2017, 10:40:52 PMNew version 1.1 is available

Thanks for the quick fix  :)

QuoteI added a new bridge

Oh, in that case - make more errors...  :D   j/k   ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

Updated to v2.0

v2.0 Change Log:
      - added 4 new bridges: Stone & Log, Covered Log, Town Stone & Guard Tower Bridges.
      - adjusted size of Log Bridge (formerly Log Bridge Crossing).
      - all bridges are now within a single toolbar button.
      - new sprite toolbar images.
      - edited texts.
      - updated DStoolbar files.

see the first post or download page for more details.