News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: zak4862 on September 30, 2018, 11:43:17 PM
As always - wonderful work. But my first thought when I look at those three pictures was " what a beautiful church".
Anyway just my thought.   Regards  zak 4862  ;D

here's the RK - EB - chapel !!
NMT Docks Chapel.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

btw, got problem with the townhall requirement... it totally dislike the NMT Docks Hospital... and was crashing... i deleted the requirement :)

zak4862

My compliments to both of you! The chapel looks awesome.  :o :)

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

I am presently at the food Toolbar.....

And i am trying to see if i can expand all this zone of the game :)
The first thing i am trying to do if i can set up a "water wildlife" :)

maybe it will work, maybe not.

Gonna try to set up some vegetation at the bottom of the bed of water bodies.... and make it spawns things like ... Seaweeds, Crawdads, Crabs, Oysters, (pearls)..... maybe Treasure Chests....

and after i ll need to be gathered which is probably the biggest problem.

RedKetchup

so.... i started to make some files.... and i didnt crashed so far ...
for sure it is not what exactly expected but ... thats a begining LOL

(i didnt crash so i can see things to be fixed lol)

some kind of grass (temporary mesh) looks beautiful on lake/river beaches - kinda some kind of reeds - but i didnt expected to see the grass that high over the lake and in middle of the lake. should be at bottom of the lake ^^. third thing, the seafood gatherer go idle LOL

RedKetchup

looks a bit more normal now

we only see those on the beaches like reeds

elemental

It would look good if the reeds grew in the water, not just on the banks. At the moment nothing grows in the lakes. They look like dead, empty land so it would be interesting to see something actually growing in the water.

I know you are doing a food thing, but you could also make a reed farm like this lake gatherer. Reeds could be used for thatch.

RedKetchup

well ! so far i didnt found a way to bypass some... .game mechanics :(

when you put a building or a dock.... people agreed to walk in the water... but asking to clear something too far from land, they refuse. (like the reeds, if too far from land they refuse to harvest)
also all those occupied tiles in water prevent any dock building being placed

and there is no way i can ask citizens to go in water, i cannot modify their pathbits

RedKetchup

i will probably keep the reeds... and do my own mesh. do a reeds resourves or take it as fodder....
and make try other things for the way to get the food.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, their hydrophobia is an unfortunate limitation. Another problem is that resources cannot be spawned or reseeded in water. The reason why reeds are as they are in other mods and one of the things I would really like to get unlocked by Luke.

Abandoned

The plant growth on the water looks good  :) but don't much like the animals standing on the water grazing. It could just be deco.  :)

rkelly17

Red, I like the look of the reeds in the water--not so much the bison walking on water to graze.  ;D Seeing this gives me an idea, which may not be possible. Is it possible to create wild rice as something that gatherers can collect? Probably not, eh, since citizens get very messed up trying to walk on water.

brads3

CC has rice paddies that work.there is an optiion to grow rice in crop fields as an add on mod.

RedKetchup

the animals should not spawn and stay in the water, thats something i see more since the day i added all the new animals. i dont know why they do that.

my files have the same lines as the deers. unless my vanilla deer file is bad... i dont see why they acting differently.
there is a line that tickle me though :

// pathing info
   PathBits _allowedPathing = Fast | Faster | Normal | Obstacle;
   PathBits _disallowedPathing = Immovable | Unusable | Occasional;
   bool _disallowZoneEntities = true;

the bool _disallowZoneEntities = true; what mean ? and the vanilla deer has it and was set by Luke himself. i didnt tested yet if i put that FALSE though.
or i am blind ?? i made a screenshot showing deers and all others.