News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: RKEC DSIM

Started by brads3, September 21, 2019, 06:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod order reset 108 mods  RKEC above DSIM

had to reorganize EB's group to fix a dot icon. add TOM's norseman mod to tweak the happiness and health needs closer to that of the DS mod.otherwise those traits of the mod would be changed with the mod order anyhow.
moved pine 1.04 mod to just below Crystal Cliffs mod both just below Pine Flora Patch

move DS group below RKEC and BS tool and mini mod,disable propertime mod,

these changes will add RED's wild animals back to the map and improve the hunting.it will take away DS minerals and force more mining for those.gathering system should be stronger and include firewood and thatch.by adding the Norsman mod happiness needs managed.health is questionable. it might be more influenced by the DS mod,if it is not overrode by the Norseman or RKEC.the workpiles are still DS textured.

there wasn't a problem with the DSIM mod or with it above the RK. this order fits my playstyle more and by keeping the order uniform it is easier to make changes without dealing with Gremlins. my thinking is help would be sent with assingments to some of the towns i build. since the game sends them all uneducated,i have different options to counteract that. 1 of which is dealing with the lack of iron and that crazy bloomery.

main reason i wanted to add the DSIM is the factory styled buildings. with this mod order,i should be able to make progress faster.

[Misc]
Description=RKEC DSIM|RK 1.3 K full setup||| 1.04 pine mod w/ Crystal Cliffs as a patch
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
Norseman=1
ProperTime=0
banishedUImaps=1
SafetyHole=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSStoneHovels=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSLogHomes=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFulbertWrightHousing=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
Charburner=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
ChooChoo=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
NordicWarehouse=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1

MarkAnthony

Hey Brad, good morning.

You have some mods in your list I am not familiar with, nor could I find them in WoB downloads. Do you have links to their download pages so I can read about them?  Thanks.

BlacksmithTools
KidTinySeparate
LivestockForTrade
MyPrecious
NewEngland
NordicWarehouse
OneStopAllMining
SafetyHole
SpecializedStorage

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

the blacksmith tool mod allows for making wood,stone, and iron ore tools,works with some blacksmiths but not all. the livestock trade adds livestock that don't give goods in pastures but can they multiply and trade at 250. u use it for horses. the my precious is a 1.06 mod that adds gold,silver,and gem stones. the outputs are low but it works with the CC fort to make coins. those are all CC mods. if you ask them for links, they should add them.

the mine mods came fro NEXUS but i think they changed the names of them.

the New England adds soe houses. i thought Pilgrim brought it to WOB. he was going to upgrade and continue adding to the mod.it was at CC long ago.if they can not get a link for it i will add 1. i really hope Pilgrim brings a new version he did have some nice ideas.

the Nordic Wharehouse should be on TOM's site.

the specialized storage mod is 1.06,adds the industrial plaza and a general  market. the market is a brown wood texture if you do not use the RK. RED's mod tweaks the texture to his medievil era.
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse

that site has a lot of different mods. any are 1.06 or before thou.

KID's tiny mod http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1859.0

brads3

i looked the version of KID's Tiny that i have is 161 so an older version.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on September 21, 2019, 07:38:39 AM
i looked the version of KID's Tiny that i have is 161 so an older version.
Yeah I already have the Tiny mod but yours said KidTinySeparate so I thought it was something else.

While I was waiting for you to respond I checked Tom's site but there is no listing for Nordic Warehouse, just the Loft-Storehouse that I already had, so I thought this was made by someone else other than Tom.

The ones that really caught my interest the most were the New England, Livestock for Trade and Nordic Warehouse. I wouldn't know where to get horses though for the livestock mod, since I don't use CC.

Thanks though.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Nilla

Good luck with your Gremlins this time. I see you are using the Norseman ageing mod. Is that because you want the happiness detraction to work, for sure or any other reason? But remember, this is a difficult ageing mod in other aspects, too. The kids don´t get students until they are 12, so it takes longer to get a domestic educated workforce.

brads3

the changes probably altered the Ds affects. the norseman will keep the happiness part fro being changed. i have the DS above KID's,EBs,and RED's mod groups.the DS group is below but as tight to the RKEC as i could move it.health will drop from the DSIM.

12? hmm i wasn't sure how close to 10 they would start school.it is similar to the propertime mod.move out from parents about 16.depending on how long they are in school,there might be 2 years difference between the 2 mods.

brads3

FITCH
map settings Fitch,389181142,valley no dirt,very large,fair,no disasters,medium 3<2 crop seeds and a livestock
      radishes,kale and leghorns. no grain yukk.   

GOAL: same as last map,to build a huge production city. 2 minor goals- see how hard it will be to build these DS buildings and see how the health and happiness changes effect the game.

i was hoping for either a grain or a fruit seed.there is a long huge mine mountain close by.there are some mountains across the ruiver for a fort and silver or gold mines.

we will have to work back west toward the river to leave space for mines. we spotted a herd of elk to the south and sent out a hunter 2 feilds and a 10x15 pasture are cleared.  a small hostel will work as a boardinighouse.  mini townhall,a wooodcutter,a Rowhouse tailor and blacksmith are built.the laborers cleared land for a 2nd workpile and moved supplies for 2 Plymouth houses. by winter we were able to build a bridge over the main river to the fort location.

we produce twice the food we need.health is down 1 heart and happiness is down 2 stars.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3: small hostel and RH workplaces
pic 4:  plymouth houses
pic 5: KID stone bridge

brads3

i tried playing ahead.i have to replay about 5 years.pushed the population too fast. between TOM and DS adjustments, production fell.once it fell so far it dominoed and fell worse.no bannies died. after a few years of trying to increase production, i gave up. everything i tried to gain ground was failing.

the Norseman helps survivability but TOM has it set to drop the production unless the bannies' happiness is full stars.health was down also so  i can't say the drop was from that or the DSIM mod. maybe both. the laborers were working as slow as the builders.

brads3

YEAR 2

we build another plymouth houses and start a rowhouse as well as another storage barn. while the builder clears a road,the laborers collect stone,iron ore,herbs ,and food.the blacksmith continues making more rough tools.they even trapped a fox or 2 and found a bit of gold.the chickens multiplied quicky and filled the pasture.our hunter has killed a bear and some geese and elk. we have seen bison and deer waunder nearby.

happiness levels off at 3 stars. health continues to decline to 2 and a half hearts. these bannies miss their friends and family but are exicted to explore  the new region. we are able to find some fruit and oats but not enough.as the women have new babies, the bannies do get happier. it is a short boost,then they realize they have to feed them and listen to the crying.

YEAR 3

the plan is to develop a city to the south and west along the river. between the city and ining areas,we plan to plant some fruit trees. this will help supply logs. as the city builds up the hunting will most likey drop off.a fort for precious stones and ores will go north of the river.a nice base to launch more expeditions and send settlers farther west.

1 child is 7 yrs old, the rest are under 2.we will not need a school for almost 10yrs. the 1st set of nomads should start the forests and build a lumber mill.the 2nd will be needed to mine for iron ore.within 3 years we would like to stockpile a trade good and build a trading post.

now that we have areas zoned,we will build some SLINKS markets. these will give us plenty of storage and store materials for the city buildings. we won't use them ro store food. these will overlap the fort,start camp,and city areas.some players dislike using these older 1.06 mods. the industrial market is handy as it stores stone and the many minerals.the general will store clothing,herbs,tools,and firewood. all of which are old limit flags. the textile market will store pelts,fur,flax but also some precious minerals. the my precious mod is a 1.06 ,so does still use the textile flag for those items.together these SLINK markets help avoid filling the workpiles and will move stuff out of the barns so there is more space for food. the wood texture fits an early settlement better than the RK set.  during the winter, a vendor can be assigned if needed to move goods.

i sent the laborers to gather food in late summer.they were able to go out farther. food production is +3000 and they did find more blueberries. this should slow the health drop.

one vendor worked the markets for about 2 months.that was enough to empty the main barn by 10%.

health has fallen to 2 hearts overall but there are some bannies showing improvment.

pic 1: more houses and storage
pic 2: SLINK's markets
pic 3: market stocks

Nilla

Yes, @Tom Sawyer´s happiness system is quite brutal. It´s a big difference between 3 and 5 stars happiness when it comes to how well the Bannis work. It also depends on where "idling spots" are. If you can´t increase the happiness, and that´s not so easy, especially at the beginning, try to have idling spot as far away from where the Banni lives/works as possible or as close as possible. Sounds weird, I know.  I´ll try to explain; if there are no idling spots around when it´s time to idle (and that happens quite often) he/she just walks a few steps away, stops temporarily to work and is soon back in duty. I don´t remember how far it must be that the Banni doesn´t actually go to the idling spot but maybe something like 30 tiles. If it´s close, not much work is lost either. The actual idling time isn´t very long, it´s the time spent on the road between workplace and idling spot that may take a lot of time.

I can remember once I tried to clear some ground for a pasture, not far away from the village. There was a trading port in about this maximum distance and the Bannis just walked back and forth, maybe cutting once at a tree, then it was time to go to the trading port and idle again. It took years, to get one pasture cleared. I think I had to build a well close to the clearing site to get the work done. But also then from time to time, someone found the trading port a nicer idling spot than the close well, but mostly it worked, if I remember it right.

brads3

YEAR 4

we build a pear forester and gatherer hut.this will buffer the dirty mine area from the city.it fits in curve of the mine mountain.to keep the forests to the right of the road we will need a smaller forester to the south later. the more the laborers do now, the more progress later.

YEAR 5

so far we show no cotton or flax.it could be just luck or due to the pine mod being moved. we do show  oats and wild oats plus RED's berrie's.we trapped furs and pelts but no game. we see bees but haven't found any honey.

we decide to start growing flax and make linen coats. we will trade those for seed and livestock. furs,pelts,and flowers can be traded for supplies.

the 2 laborers and builder fenced a cemetary and built a church.no nomads have arrived, so i placed a KID 100% welcome sign near the mini townhall. they will arrive next year.this was removed. the group woud be too large.a rough plank bridge was Debug added across a stream to the south to help nomads find their way to the mini townhall.   

there is a wild boar and about 5 bison roaming nearby. we don't want to overhunt so we let them go.we took a lot of bison from the herd a few years ago and still have over 1000 in storage.we did have to take down 1 bison and scared the herd away from town. they knocked over the wood pile and scared the children.

pic 1:pear forest
pic 2: health graph
pic 3:CC parish church and cemetary
pic 4:nomad bridge
pic 5: inventory

brads3

YEAR 6 and 7

to stay ahead of nomads,the laborers clear 2 more fields.the builder continues extending the roads.

with the change, nomads are delayed a year.we used the time to stock more food,logs,firewood,and clothing.

in late spring of our 7th year,a couple arrived.they build a DS cabin and will work the pear forest  to improve our fruit. it will take a few years for the new pear trees to grow and produce pears.we also plant the 3rd field in kale.

the population will grow slower than when i tried a larger group.we will use the time to stockpile supplies.

health is stable at 2 hearts.happiness at 3 stars.

pic 1: lost nomads from the prior play. this group was larger and used up resources after a few years.we had supplies for about 3 years,but after that the lower production outputs took a toll. even the educated bannies produce less with the lower health and happiness. i replayed this.

pic 2:DS cabin for forest workers
pic 3: fields 3 and 4

brads3

YEAR 8

we will build a RH general trading post and start stocking it with 200 linen clothes. we have some flowers and furs to add also.

we hunted some elk. the workers have colllected more stone and minerals.
YEAR 9

we will plant the 4th field in radishes this year.the builder build a fish pier near the trading post. a plantation school is built.farms are planned on the east edge of the city to feed the mine workers.whenever workers have timethey will work to clear land there.

no  nomads arrived so a 20% welcome sign was added near the townhall. we hunted bison that came across from the fort zone. health has dropped another half heart.

pic 1: trading post
pic 2: trade post stocks and SLINKs markets
pic 3: plantation school

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

popualtion 27,half are children.education 77%, hearth 1 and a half hearts, happiness 3 stars. we have plenty of storage,a trade post, pear forest,and a school built. the huge mine mountain will serve us well. we should be able to produce a variety of items.a fort is zoned to mine gold and silver. there is room to support a city south of the river.

we ship linen clothing and trapped furs. as soon as more help arrives, we can dig mines. we need grain seed and would like a fruit seed and pigs.depending on the amount of help that is sent,we plan to dig 2 or 3 mines and begin construction of the fort.once the pear trees are planted, we will need a start 2nd forest to provide logs.then we will cut lumber.

pic 1: yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: citizen graph