Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

QuoteLongest post I've ever written... ??? :o

Welcome to the club! ;)

Your pictures are lovely. That single tree on the sheep pasture is simply irresistible. :)

I guess the no seed from @RedKetchup will work, at least if it's vanilla Tp you're using. I don't know if it's somewhere more official as well, but here it is. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2303.msg46919#msg46919

Gatherer

Thanks but I'm not using any vanilla TP's. I have so far: 5 canal TP's, 1 jetty TP from Necora, 1 jetty TP from CC modular pack, 1 large TP from Kid and 1 DS TP from his mining mod.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

KIDD has some food trade posts. that could help.

Gatherer

They don't fit on the canals. The big city is surrounded by canal on three sides and there will be irrigation canal on the fourth side. Some 40-50 tiles north of the irrigation canal is the main river.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Northeastern part of the Big City. I needed more food but any new housing development is now on hold. Those paused buildings will have to wait.

Added NMT Shcool, Food and General store. And as is customary, a herb garden.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

I've redone the Old Town northern shore. More woodcutters and a Pine school.

Small hamlet on the southern shore got redecorated as well.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Wow, @Gatherer what an impressive city.  Well done, and the same goes to our modders who give us so many great things to build with.  :)

Gatherer

Thanks! It's still a long way to go. I have experienced some crashes while saving so I had to start playing with graphic settings set to medium (I only set them high for screenshots now) and also began to close all UI windows before saving. So far it works.

I've also decided that it is time to purchase some walnut seeds (haven't bought any seeds in almost a century). Hopefully this will allow me to save some precious smoked fish for trading.
Fiat panis.

galensgranny

@Gatherer , beautiful city!  I particularly like that small hamlet on the southern shore with DS's Bryggen TownHouses.  I like those buildings but they don't go with many of the other available houses I also like.  I need to make some "hamlets" like you did with mostly one style of building.  I have been doing too much of trying to make my whole town match in style, but of course, that can't work with using all the available mods.

Gatherer

Expanding the city some more. This will also alleviate the shortage of workers in the village south of the canal.

Lots of jobs available here.

Honey producing and mead brewing enterprise.

Bannies going about their business.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Overview. I've doubled the DS Market Harborough Old Grammar School. Walnut orchard in bottom right.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

Gatherer

I may have reached the limit though. :(  More often than not the game crashes while saving. All graphic settings are set to low; reflections off; filtering bilinear, all other applications closed; internet connection disabled when playing; all update notifications off; restarting pc before every game so nothing unnecessary is being opened...

Planning ahead is severely limited because of crashes.

I will try to continue but I may be forced to shelve this big town and start building small again. I have a 32-bit OS and that means it is limited in RAM usage.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on April 15, 2018, 11:38:05 AM

I will try to continue but I may be forced to shelve this big town and start building small again. I have a 32-bit OS and that means it is limited in RAM usage.

yeah probably that, limited to 3.25GB RAM with mods taking most of it. not enough left for saving.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .