News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #3: Accept The Most Nomads, and Live!

Started by solarscreen, June 21, 2014, 09:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

The challenge: Accept the nomads in your village and survive for one year. 

(THE MOST AT ONE TIME)

Screencaps of the nomads tab from your town hall and overview tab when you accept them and an overview screencap from one year later will be required.

The first champion will be announced July 15th and then anytime a successful challenge is posted after that a new champion will be crowned!

A wall of champions is currently being designed and will be accessible to all members and guests to see who our champions are!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

Surviving for a year, isn't so hard, even with a large batch as it is doubtful the whole town would die off. Maybe there should be a percentage of population or something left to qualify as surviving?

I would also suggest pairing a screencap of the amount of Nomads that want in, along with the population graph right after you accept them.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Quote from: mariesalias on June 21, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
Surviving for a year, isn't so hard, even with a large batch as it is doubtful the whole town would die off. Maybe there should be a percentage of population or something left to qualify as surviving?

I would also suggest pairing a screencap of the amount of Nomads that want in, along with the population graph right after you accept them.

Yes, a screencap of the overview before accepting the nomads, the nomads tab that shows how many want to join your village, and then the overview screencap from one year later.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

ertira

I have noticed that the higher your population, the more likely you are to see a larger number of Nomads. So @irrelevant with his large population and my map of Sanctuary and many others that have reached 1700 or higher would have both an option of accepting a large group and of dying rather quickly  :D. I would love to try it on my map of Sanctuary but am quite certain that accepting another +200 Nomads would send me into a very bad situation. Like no Sanctuary and no space for more graveyards.  :-[  ;D Oh well. Could always delete those dog-gone farms I suppose. Maybe even make more forests.

Otherwise.....Nah... I will pass.

I am just pleased as a sweet pickle hiding in a hamburger patch I finally got screenshots to load though. Miss the newb designation however.

slink

So this is basically a "how big a colony can you grow" sort of challenge, since the number of nomads depends on your colony size?  I would need to fully develop a large map to be competitive in this challenge.  I'll see whether I can do that in the time allotted.

Obviously that person on Shining Rock who had 3000 citizens would win this one.   ;D

RedKetchup

yeah who has the biggest town will get the biggest pack :)

unfortunatly, my only city with more than 1800 (1901 to be exact) never got any nomad request, i dunno if it s a bug, or can happends with RNG of certain seeds.... i dunno.

i need another high pop town till 15th july ^^

solarscreen

High pop can certainly help, but you have to survive after you take in the nomads and high pop towns are usually right on the edge of a death spiral!

mariesalias

Just a clarification...even if taking nomads kills off 3/4s of my population they have still survived, right? Or do they need to survive with a similar population?

solarscreen

Quote from: mariesalias on June 23, 2014, 06:23:53 PM
Just a clarification...even if taking nomads kills off 3/4s of my population they have still survived, right? Or do they need to survive with a similar population?

You just need to "survive" one whole year. What's left of your village may not be what you wanted!

mariesalias

irrelevant

Quote from: solarscreen on June 23, 2014, 05:32:00 PM
High pop can certainly help, but you have to survive after you take in the nomads and high pop towns are usually right on the edge of a death spiral!
Ain't that the truth. It feels like I imagine juggling and walking a tightrope would.

In fact, I hate it so much I'm doing it 6 hours a day  ;)

RedKetchup

oh god ! i just accepted 216 nomads lollllz

accepted:

loollllz thats scary