News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

LF RKEditor Mod Lighthouse Single Download?

Started by Christopher, February 08, 2022, 10:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Sorry to bother but hoping you can help.

I am currently making do with the Mega Mod 9 but really want to add a Lighthouse - the one from the latest RK Editor Mod but cannot seem to find the file on its own anywhere?

Can anybody help?

Thank you for this amazing Forum!

RedKetchup

the lighthouse never been release as standalone, but MM9 has it for sure, yiu said you use MM9 , should be somewhere in the bars
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Christopher

I thought that too but MM9 is missing a lot of additional items which were available in MM8. Any idea where I find the Lighthouse because I have searched and cannot find it...

RedKetchup

i dont have any toolkit anymore since 2-3 years. maybe Kid can do something :) ^^

but ... MM choice is overall bad. better to use a REAL mod ^^

kid1293

@Christopher

I actually tried... 3 times ...and it only crashes.

There is so much in RKEC that is related to something else.
It is hard to pick something out. Sorry.

I say - Install RKEC instead of MM.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on February 10, 2022, 06:02:45 AM
@Christopher

I actually tried... 3 times ...and it only crashes.

There is so much in RKEC that is related to something else.
It is hard to pick something out. Sorry.

I say - Install RKEC instead of MM.

THANKS Kid.

yeah this "townhall" lighthouse is made to work with RKEC. there are so many shitty shit in MM ... no wonder it is not inside MM ^^
Like Kid said : should use RKEC instead that stupid MM

theonlywanderer

LOL!   The RK lighthouse is indeed inside MM9.   I even have it shown in the images of my latest MM9 town build.  I've placed two of them.   It's under Town Services / Town Halls.   You can also go to the community icon under RK's specific toolbar and find it there under services as well.

Christopher

Quote from: theonlywanderer on February 10, 2022, 07:46:01 AM
LOL!   The RK lighthouse is indeed inside MM9.   I even have it shown in the images of my latest MM9 town build.  I've placed two of them.   It's under Town Services / Town Halls.   You can also go to the community icon under RK's specific toolbar and find it there under services as well.

Thank you - I completely missed that....

Thanks for the assistance above appreciate it. The only reason I quite like MM is because of the improvements to many areas of the game in one combined package, I wish I had the time to be able to custom mod but alas two children don't allow that luxury.

theonlywanderer

All the different packages are great and all the modders are insanely impressive and talented.

For playing a round of the game, I prefer Colonial Charter.   Next would be RKEC and then North 6.   Not a fan of North 7 because the aging was changed for some long drawn out style of game play that doesn't fit my style.

MM8, now MM9 I only use when city building.   I find it too massive for playing a round of the game.

I have never done selective custom mods, as you've said it's just too time consuming trying to hunt them all down.  Would be nice to see one grouped download from each modder that includes all their single mods to date so you could just grab the one zip file and have them all.   As it stands, you have to click through hundreds of forum pages and click hundreds of files to get them all.   That's the beauty of MM8 and MM9, all the mods have been lumped together and made sure to function properly.

brads3

there is a list of each modder of the 1.07 mods. click on mod discussion 107. at the top you will find each modder except for RED. most of his he added into the RKEC. TOM isn't listed but he does have his own site.

you can always send me a copy of that computer that can run the MM. this 1 limits what i can load. i did some work last year to adjust my base mod order. dropped back to the RKEC lite and an older CC. this saved memory so i can run more mods. with some of KID's mods i tweaked the RK. there is more thatch and the flowers collect as thatch instead of flowers. plus now the thatch doesn't die off. i like the impprovements.

without the MM, mod order can be critical. can take lots of time to solve issues. there is some give and take to it. by now i have been thru enough of them. 

banishedsanni

If your computer can handle it u can run MM8 and RKEC. I do plus several stand alone mods. But i have to admit that i cant go above 600 bannies or the game becomes super slow. Thats often anyway time to stop the map for me, as it took me days or even weeks to reach this amount.

I love these big mod pkgs as they add a darn lot of content and, super important, deco :D

Same time its stunning what some ppl can create with just a few single mods

Christopher

I totally agree with the points raised. I have no idea how you manage to create such incredible mods but it has made this game a work of art. I spend more time playing this game than any other trying to find the right balance to succeed.

I will say that combining mods does make a big difference here because the base game seems to be very temperamental when multiple mods are applied so MM9 for me with GOG (Which prevents the crashes seen with Steam) does make a huge difference.

I am really enjoying "Red Ketchup" fencing for my town but any idea why the "Kid" mods are so limited in this version?

theonlywanderer

@Christopher     Define limited?   There are something like 115 of his mods in MM9 compared to around 80 in MM8.

Christopher

Just realised that my MM9 wasn't loading everything, not sure why just disabled and re-enabled it and everything now shows 10x the amount as before.  :-[

theonlywanderer