News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

2500 Nomads + 12K pop - Vanilla = 14.637 pop

Started by OnkelAqua2, June 13, 2019, 05:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnkelAqua2

Vanilla game with a couple of mods (college - 3 teachers for 100 students - and Flatlands mod). I had to register again b.t.w., since your system will not send emails with a password change link.

I "saved" up some food during 1500-2000 pop (well a Little more than 5 mill food). Only added a few houses for some years, while buílding lots of storage. I demolized those storagebuildings as the food where eaten later on. Also made sure I had lots of firewood, coats, steeltools etc. I used some Trading posts as storage by the lakes. They can hold 6000 steel tools each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6C9FWYJm_o

Yes yes I know. I'm not a "lets make a beautiful city" kind of guy. I'm more like a "I have OCD and likes to look at numbers" kind of guy :P I will try to aim for 20K pop during my next game.

RedKetchup

congratulations!

(if any problem in future, just email me. i can go in any account and reset a new one and send it myself to the person)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Artfactial

Impressive!
Hope your Pc is okay after that.:P

child_of_air

That is very impressive. The most I've ever gotten to was about 550.

Nilla

WOW! Impressive. Didn´t you have any weird bugs or any other disturbances in such a big settlement?

OnkelAqua2

Quote from: Nilla on June 14, 2019, 06:52:42 AM
WOW! Impressive. Didn´t you have any weird bugs or any other disturbances in such a big settlement?

Only the usual "Running REALLY slow" issue :D

moonbelf

irrelevant

Congratulations! What mod allows you to have more than 1,000,000 food in storage?

ETA: Never mind, I get it, you aren't producing food, you are buying it.

Would you mind describing your trade setup? How many TPs do you have, what are you producing for trade, how much stock is in each TP, how are your auto-purchases set up?

OnkelAqua2

Quote from: irrelevant on June 15, 2019, 02:52:56 PM
Congratulations! What mod allows you to have more than 1,000,000 food in storage?

ETA: Never mind, I get it, you aren't producing food, you are buying it.

Would you mind describing your trade setup? How many TPs do you have, what are you producing for trade, how much stock is in each TP, how are your auto-purchases set up?

I have 83 TP's - each with 16 traders. I produce ale for trade and stock 7K of ale into each TP. I don't auto purchase. I'm a control freak. :P I can buy 40K of food without having a "too much xxx in the tradeport" except for shipment of huge amounts of stone/coal

In other games I had problems with people idling and having a long way to work. Also other problems like distributing enough food/firewood etc.. Making more markets instead of having more vendors in each markets + a huge army a laborers seemed to have taken care of that problem.

So my idea with the new game I have started, is to stockpile 10 mill food instead of 5 mill and then begin the massive house building project. That might get me to 20K pop, before the city will collapse.

Artfactial

Ohdear, I cannot imagine micro-managing 83 Tp's (fun as the process is). Then again, the simulation speed does allow you some time, I suppose.:)
Those are some staggering numbers!

Nilla

I have one more question. I see you have some 20 hospitals. Does it help to keep diseases under control? How do you locate the hospitals in this dense settlement so no "passbyers" get infected? I ask because I´m at the end of a very dense settlement as well (by far not so big as yours, I´m using a small mountain map) but have some setbacks when everyone gets ill. I only have 1 doctor though, because my idea was that I can´t prevent diseases to spread anyway; on a full map, there will always be many people close to every hospital.

OnkelAqua2

Quote from: Nilla on June 16, 2019, 03:44:34 AM
I have one more question. I see you have some 20 hospitals. Does it help to keep diseases under control? How do you locate the hospitals in this dense settlement so no "passbyers" get infected? I ask because I´m at the end of a very dense settlement as well (by far not so big as yours, I´m using a small mountain map) but have some setbacks when everyone gets ill. I only have 1 doctor though, because my idea was that I can´t prevent diseases to spread anyway; on a full map, there will always be many people close to every hospital.

Yes. I tried to spread them in locations close to bridges etc. A lot of díseases broke out. A lot of the times the person who got the disease first was very close to a hospital and went to it without spreading it. It really depends on the disease too. Influenza will not kill that many people, but it will spread like wildfire and put half of your workforce to bed in no time. Mumps seems to be a really common desease. I had 4 Mumps outbreaks in a row. 2 of them got taken care of because of the hospitals. But 1 time my population had mumps going around for years. But no more than a 100 people out of 8-10K had it and only a few died from it. I found this list of diseases in Banished. Never had the plague (and don't like to try it):

Deadliest Diseases - Chance of Dying (Time Between Transmissions/Radius of Infection/Chance of Acquiring)
01. Plague - 1 in 3 (.85/12/1)
02. Cholera - 1 in 4 (.9/12/5)
03. Small Pox - 1 in 5 (.85/8/50)
04. Tuberculosis - 1 in 8 (.8/8/20)
05. Measles - 1 in 10 (.75/8/30)
06. Typhus - 1 in 12 (.75/8/40)
07. Scarlet Fever - 1 in 15 (.7/8/50)
08. Yellow Fever - 1 in 20 (.65/8/60)
09. Dystentery - 1 in 25 (.55/8/80)
10. Mumps - 1 in 35 (.5/8/90)
11. Influenza - 1 in 50 (.6/8/100)
12. Diptheria - 1 in 80 (.55/8/80)

OnkelAqua2

I found a Picture from one of my older games :D Don't remember what kind of disease that was, but it was bad.

moonbelf

WOW the sick ones are everywhere! How long does it take to recover from an outbreak that bad?

brads3

there is a safety mod that does help cut down on deaths and diseases.it was made to slow down deaths from mines but helps beyond just those.i do think 1 gospital or herbalist is a bad idea.1 doctor or hospital does have a limit to the patients he can treat.