News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I created my first 3D model

Started by c_jayy93, July 02, 2017, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_jayy93

I know it's not exciting, but I just created my first quality 3D model for a possible mod. It's a colonial-era cottage, possibly the home of a blacksmith or school teacher. I made it in SketchUp. How does it look? *see attachments*

embx61

Why is it not exiting?

For a first Mod I think it looks good.

When I did my first mod and it seem to work too in the game I was pretty exited about it although it did not look even half as good as yours and after I made some more mods scrapped it. :)

Not sure if you can make a fbx file with sketchup so maybe need something like Blender to import the sketchup file into that and export as FBX.
Many modders here use Blender (I use 3ds max) so they can help you with that if you need help in that department.
Banished needs fbx files to load the mod into the game.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

c_jayy93

This is good to know. ;D  I eventually want to get to the point where I can create my own mods. Right now I'm at step one.

embx61

Just take it a step at a time.

If you get stuck and ask specific questions we will help you with it if we know the answer.

It is a ongoing learning process and sometimes even frustrating. Just not give up after it not works directly out.

Now if I get stuck I take a break, after the break try it again and if I really get stuck I just ask the other modders for help with the problem.

Many times it are simple things we overlook and the other modder sees it in a minute :)

embx61

I think Kid1293 uses Sketchup and Blender for his mods.

I never worked with Sketchup and create my models directly in 3ds Max but it seems to create buildings fast Sketchup is pretty good.

RedKetchup

it looks very good !!

the thing i hate about sketchup it has Ketchup inside !

;D ;D ;D

/serious_mode :
i always found about model made sketchup is it always seems to be made like an empty cardboard box which Banished hate. Real thick walls works better.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .