News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Great Exhibition mod !

Started by Savidan, August 22, 2017, 03:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savidan

As for the world exhibition, the idea is to make an exhibition of talent of WB modders and ... to had a group work of our modders.

Buildings can provide happiness only, and should be tough to build.

Buildings could be overseas or land building.
Buildings could be build with mod's materials (like glassworks, sand, clay ... )
Buildings can be real wonders but it could be something new too.

Each Modders can make only one wonders to add in the mod and players/bloggers will had to put it in situation.

brads3

you mean like RED's huge school,whitehouse, or stonehendge in NMT? does it have to be 1 building? the canals is a huge mod that could fit otherwise.AZURE did start a bigben with his tall townhouses.ohh and don't forget everyone's mega churches like KID's mission. how bout more info?

Savidan

Yep all of that :)

But the tricks would be to make new one's just for this mod now :)

It could be new buildings that had no use in game due to in game mechanics like museum, opera, fountains ...

RedKetchup

it would need to be something we didnt downloaded like my Cathedral Wonder i downloaded and put into game (which turned out to be a stoled mesh from Guild2, supposely) but something created piece by piece.
note, i think, coping a picture we see of something RL/Model and trying to reproduce piece by piece would be ok (in my book) like i did for the white house.

( i need anyways to remake a new wonder someday for nmt3.0 lol since i cannot put back the stolen mesh cathedral :P )
( and/or make a Pyramid Wonder for Rise of the Pharaoh mod  :D )
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Savidan

Yep, something you made, something impressive ^^

It could be Bell tower, glass tower, clock tower (Big Ben), wonderfull bridge, hanging gardens, statue (statue of liberty) ...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Savidan on August 22, 2017, 05:35:03 PM
Yep, something you made, something impressive ^^

It could be Bell tower, glass tower, clock tower (Big Ben), wonderfull bridge, hanging gardens, statue (statue of liberty) ...

the game civilization 5 & 6 have also alot of names :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Savidan

But you can do your own wonders !

An atomnium with a clock !
An effel tower with a bell !
The opera of liberty
The hanging bridge ....  8)

[Edit]Since you comment the idea we can go a bit further to fix the terms.
-So it should be great building but not "huge" (so we can place it on any maps, if we have a lot of huge building that would be tough to place all of them on a map unless if we had a lot of overseas building.)
-Building had to highlight the talent of banners workers :p (so modders ^^) and encourage progress of them (So you can use glass technology for example, or something else ... new materials, gold, silver ... )
-Wonders could be tiny but had to be well done/made.

The Exhibition support cooperation beetwens bannies.
We can make a contest after maybe. Winners will won the "winner of the Great exhibition contest year 1"  ribbon.
And a second contest of screenshots for players that will make the best screenshots with all the wonders together.

and ... no timeline, just for fun ^^

PredatorBeing

Mount Rushmore, but with modders faces on it.  ;D

Savidan