Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Toymaker and luthier

Started by brewer, August 03, 2019, 11:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewer

Hi everyone, as part of the first forum posts, I have the following worries:
Is there a mod to generate toys for children? increasing happiness
In the same vein, is there a mod for creating musical instruments? generating a toymaker and a luthier with their own buildings,
Finally, I saw a hot dog cart once but I think it was not decorative, I had some recipes hot dogs and hamburgers, but I think it was a very old mod, does it still exist? Or maybe someone takes the idea and proposes something wonderful...
thanks
much food... and more buildings!

Artfactial

Welcome!:)

I don't think there is a Toys for children mod but I really like the idea. It could well be produced as a luxury item to increase happiness, same goes for instruments.
In order to be used they'd have to be brought to a 'tavern' like building, which is perhaps perhaps a bit weird to us but not entirely unfitting. A kindergarten/playground could perhaps be made to fit for this.
There is the 'is playing' activity for children in game, but I don't think anything can be done with that.

I think I remember that mod too, but don't really know where or when.
EB has a lovely Ice Cream set. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=464

brewer

My enthusiasm for my first publications made me forget the mechanics of the game, omitted the need for a toy store and a music store, the storage of these products that you rightly see as luxuries; EB's ice cream cart is already in my repertoire of mods but I'm waiting for my town to reach the limit before using mods, I'm very eager to use them! thanks for the interest greetings to you and greetings to EB

brads3

there is the hot dog, pizza shop,and an ice cream wagon.. those mods should be in the download sectioon and ,old or not, would work.

couple issues with your idea. happiness part of the game was not finished and doesn't have much of an impact. modders are working to make it affect the game play more so. even then however, it would matter to working bannies not children.althoug an unhappy child might grow up and still be unhappy.  we cant tell a child to take a good differently than an adult.so at the moment, children do drink alcohol.in your case adults would play with toys. they would  use them up quickly.

in general,all bannies would use the toys whenever they become idle.so unless yousend those to a trade post or wharehouse the toys woud get used up quickly.   these bannies can eat thru a lot of ale or wine. again, modders are working to improve this part of the game. 

a toy shop can be made. though it would be coded similar to a tavernit can be called by a different name.  toys can be set to be luxury goods just as ale.the toys would be used by adults and children. they would not have much affect to happiness unless you use 1 of the few mods that do make that more relevant TOM has done that and i believe DS is working it into his new mods.

some items have been added into the game similar that are used as trade goods. shoes,boots,furniture,clay pots,etc they aren't useful to the bannies.

if you check out KID's christmas mod sets, there are elves that make toys. 

Abandoned

@brewer, Welcome.  In the Christmas Mod 2018 by Kid the elves make clothes and tools, no toys.  There are edible Christmas treats and candy in the mod but no toys.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=526

brewer

Hello brads3, as a TV character in my country says "I suspected it from the beginning", so I read about happiness in the forum is still a complex issue and with many unknowns, I trust the talent of modders and I really appreciate your dedication, I know that in the future my little bannies will have their toys and everyone can play beautiful melodies ... maybe more ...
Abandoned, it is a pleasure to greet you; The Christmas mod 2018 by kid excites me, gingerbread, eggnog, and of course a candy store, I have a lot to do!
Aspenglow is a great story ...
In the meantime I will continue publishing more ideas and issues,
thanks to both.

RedKetchup

we should do a list of town business. i tried to make many in RKEC ( gemcutter, jewelry, pottery, armor-maker, weapon-maker, furniture, shoemaker, apothecary, perfumery..... and i certainly forget many.

i find your luthier and toymaker are nice ideas :)
so we should do a list.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .