News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pottery problem Red's NMT, CC, Embx clay

Started by galensgranny, April 03, 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Brads, I think I might have it working the way I want.  New load order:

Kid's Tiny separate (so his nice tiny house shows due to CC having a tiny house- but could be lower as long as above CC)
Multiple Starts
Medieval Town 2.04
RK Editor's Choice 11
CC The Forge
1.0.7 Compatibility Mod
dozens of other mods by various modders

I did a test game, and this time thought to  use the debug menu for basic supplies to speed up my test.  The other day I played for an hour to get the bannies to gather and build, to find out if things would work. ::)   Wasted time.  So good to have the debug menu for testing.

So far, it all seems how I want it.  Green grass, Red's Medieval town corner potter (I really like the look of that building), CC building supplier using Red's pottery.  :)   I can get copper, etc. from traders if the special mines won't work.  I didn't test if I could mine for copper or silver, but not important if the traders will bring it.

I am getting Red's school too!  :)

Yes indeed, it can take a very long time to set all the mod orders with so many mods.   Half and hour seems about right as to how long it can take.  And then boo hoo  :'( when it doesn't work and you have to do it again, waiting 20 minutes for the game to load. 

galensgranny

@kid1293 , Are you saying that with your registry cleaner, it will resort our mod list?

kid1293

No it only deletes mod entries in registry. Game loads what is in WinData folder and displays it
alphabetically since there is no order established. You have to move mods and exit game
to save another order. It can be tedious with 150 mods but deleting all entries also takes time.

I use it for deleting old not valid entries in modlist. I run, re-run and test a lot when modding.

:)

brads3

sure he tells us NOW,after it deleted my registry. LMAO. glad i have saved game to back all that up. was hoping Gordons or KIDD's tool would be a shortcut to having to organize the mod order. KIDD's does clear the mods only leaving the game settings. that is 1 step. i actually think if i play with the 2,i can edit via notebook++ ,but i quit for the moment.

GRANNY,if the terrain and buildings on the toolbar are what you wanted,the mines should work.did you debug check the inventory for blank tags? they can be pests. that is where the debug can find conflicts. and yes very handy for quick tests to building functions. i am surprised you don't have slow downs due to the amount of memory all those mods use.it is an interesting way to run it though. you get most of the CC,with a smaller file than the CC J. the compatability 1.07 should have added some extra blank tags thou.

Nilla

I have request @kid1293 or someone else who knows well how these "cleaning things" work. Please, make a thread pinned on "Tips and Tricks" on different ways to clean the registry, how to do it and what you achieve, as simple and clear as possible. I have used @Gordon Dry´s. I think it worked but I was never sure of what I was doing and how it would influence my game. It went well, I think old "garbage" was gone but I'm not sure at all. It was some time ago and I now ought to do it again.

galensgranny

Brads, I tried one of the CC mines and it mined copper ore.  So I assume they all will work.  The question is like with the pottery- if I use one of the modder's smelters to make copper, will all buildings needing it like and use it regardless of whose mod it is.  I'll find out soon enough.

I do not know what "debug check the inventory for blank tags" actually means.  Do you mean using the debug menu thing somehow to do that?  I do know that when I had a not good load order of mods I saw an icon but no words next to something.  Is that what you mean?  Though, actually, I think the missing text was at a trading post.  I just looked "in" those buildings, though, to see what I could see.

Quote from: brads3
i am surprised you don't have slow downs due to the amount of memory all those mods use.it is an interesting way to run it though. you get most of the CC,with a smaller file than the CC J.

My computer says it has 4 GB of memory, but not all that is available for use for programs, since the Window's operating system will need to use some.  In the past I did have great slowdown, where speed 10 was behaving more like maybe speed 2 in an unmodded game.  That was months ago, before I added CC TFA and when Red was only up to the early test beta's of RK EC with much less than it has now.  I have almost all of Kid's, Discrepancy's and Embx's mods, plus a bunch of other mods by various people.

Someone, likely you, posted somewhere about reducing shadows in the options section of the game menu, so I did that which helped some.  I have "shadow resolution" and "shadow quality" set on low.  The colors of some buildings are not quite the same as with high shadows, but they still look good to me.  Another help to not have too much slowdown is the "no smoke" mod I found on Black Liquid's site, again suggested on this forum I think by you, brads.  That I only added recently. It does help with game speed.

I think a good bit of help might have been to also clean the registry of mods that are no longer in the Windata folder. There was a noticeable increase in speed with the game loading.  I don't think it affects speed in the game, but help decreasing load time is greatly desired.  It used to take sometimes 30 minutes to load.  Now with more things added, it takes about 20 minutes. Longer than I would prefer, but still better.  I do laundry, wash dishes, or some other chore while it is loading.

Something that was probably the greatest help for getting the game to run decently on my computer was to go into the computer's task manager and close out unneeded processes that were using up memory.  I had three programs that had separate active update programs, that I assume would randomly try to connect to the internet to find any updates.  I closed them, since they used up memory plus might activate during play to try to update.  I also had a back up program active that used a lot of memory.  Since I was not going to be doing a computer backup while playing, I knew I could close that.  There were a few more active processes I knew I could close without messing the computer's functioning. 

So, closing out all unnecessary programs in Windows Task Manager, using the "no smoke" mod, lowering the two shadow options, and cleaning the registry of mods no longer in the Windata folder makes the game work well for me.  I don't get the 10 speed as fast as in an unmodded game, but that too fast for me anyway.  My 10 speed is maybe acting more like an "8", which is fast enough.

brads3

YES the debug has several tools. quick build or place a townhall and trade post. then hit the star that makes all items visible,this shows all items in the inventories. any items without text,blank tags,will show up.sometimes you can narow down what the items are due to the value and scrolling thru the list. the more of these blank tags the more conflicts you have. or  in some cases,you might have 2 of the same items. like the pine mod and CC lables eggs slightly different. Necora's eggs can't be used to build the dock chicken shed. in your case you either had 2 clays and bricks,etc or 1 and 1 blank tagged.
         when i tested the RK with the compatability 1.07,i had several blank tags since it carried the CC items.you should have less since you are using the CC. think i have kisy 1 or 2 now. 1 is the white mulberry from the CC orchard mod.of course before i enabled the North mod.it is a handy tool.sometimes it can help narrow down issues and you can solve them before finding in the middle of a game.

you have me thinking. i have the old CC TFA and the NF files. in both the fort would work better than the modular mod.i may have to look at your idea of adding 1 later.i have wondered if the older markets would help with storage and moving items. might make it smoother and buildings less cluttered.you do have an interesting test.

brads3

next time the KIDD says "seconds",i am packing a lunch and grabbing a sleeping bag.

kid1293

Quote from: brads3 on April 05, 2018, 10:58:51 AM
next time the KIDD says "seconds",i am packing a lunch and grabbing a sleeping bag.

What happened?

You get a file - BanishedExport.reg - which you can doubleclick to undo my changes.

brads3

LOL. between your and Gordon's, the registry got messed up. it kept the game settings but threw all the mods out. i loaded the saved game today knowing it kept the mod order,but when it loaded it had a huge, dark,"doom", thunder cloud right as it loaded. then it saved funny later. some reason my computer would only load half the export reg file.even after i used the notebook++ to turn mods to true and reset the order #'s in your export file. i did get it to work but it wasn't "seconds" at all.LMAO. if it hadn't tossed all the mods ,it wouldn't be so bad. i'll have to play with it more.kinda why i did it,i had the save to back it up with.

kid1293

I removed the file. It was maybe not so good at solving other people's problem.
It did what I wanted but it is in no way an editor. It only cleans the registry.

@brads3 - I owe you one, for causing trouble for you! I hope you don't wish for
a trader emporium with new boats and camel caravans  ;D ;D

brads3

haha,no it was fine. i did need to test that and Gordon's cleaner. i see others use it to post the mod order so was time to try it. takes getting used to them.  it did a good job of cleaning the registry,LOL 1 thing good for others is yours did leave the game settings alone.
    what i did was tedious. i took the file yours kicked out and edited it. worst was doing all the mods 1 # at a time.and double checked that i didn't have 2 with the same #.