News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Re-downloading Banished

Started by twilightbreeze, April 20, 2020, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I recently bricked my old laptop, and got a new one, so have to re-download and install banished. I am doing it from GOG. Aren't there updates to that? Where should I find them? Been years since I had to do this. Thanks.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

GOG has only the newest version.
Just go ahead :)

twilightbreeze

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Jewelz

kid1293

purringcat

So Kid, GOG's version of Banished includes all the updates?    It doesn't indicate that and just shows the release date of 2014.   It would be worth buying this version for my laptop if I could skip all the updating versions.    Have been too busy with RL volunteering to play for the past few years but this enforced layoff has slowed things a bit. 

kid1293

Yes, the GOG version includes the newest patches.

I still use an older, patched, version to get BOTH 32 and 64 bit executables.
I have that only to test. I play on 64-bit. But GOG is complete.

Goblin Girl

I bought the game through Humble Bundle, and I wish I had used gog instead.  I have it saved now on my backup hard drive, so unless a tornado takes my house to Oz, I'm probably fine, but if I had it to do over, I'd buy it through gog.  I always choose them over Steam when I have the option.

marmaladema

had to replace laptop, somehow in the data transfer I got my saved files but not my folder where the game was.  I had so so much. I cannot find where the .rar. file I kept "in case" wandered off to either.

Abandoned

If you purchased you game from Good Old Games you can easily re-download from there.  If not from there, check from where you did purchase it.  If no luck to re-download from there, Good Old Games would be a good place to buy a new copy

https://www.gog.com

Artfactial

GOG always allows you to download both the game as well as all patches separately so you can decide(for whatever reason) what version you are on.
I can recommend using GOG Galaxy, their launcher that incorporates most of the other popular launchers so you can have both your drm-free GOG games and your other collections in one place.:)