News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pandu - Try for 10.000 Population (failed cause of crashes)

Started by Trizeropz, November 15, 2015, 11:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

hehehe your woodcutters have alot to do lol
i would be discouraged and say to the boss " bye bye boss ! " hehe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

This will be interesting!

I hop you let us know your progress. :)

Trizeropz

There were indeed very diligent the last years:D

-economy is working extremely perfect
-got 4.5 stars of happiness and close to 4.5 on health
-started to produce alcohol
-1200 people now
-food is rising fast, enough capazity to buy food so i will go for a 'baby-boom'

I dont know if i should flatten the whole river. Maybe i will get bugs and the traders will not pass anymore.

Nilla

Do you plan to keep the orchards, or is it only for some time until you will expand more productive things on these spots? You know, they are not very productive (it doesn't look like any modded super orchards)

Do you plan to keep an ale production? I can tell you, (unless you have some weird happiness problems, achieved due to no clothes in an harsh climate) alcohol has no influence on happiness).

If you plan to combine ale and firewood as export, it's possible, but you will get problems to fill the tradingports fast enough (you know the traders collect ale in each brewery and they don't always visit the close ones) If you really are aiming for 10 000, I would make it simple; firewood, firewood, firewood.........

Trizeropz

Orchards are temporary. I dont buy food yet and I need another type of food so i can get over 4 hearts health.
As sonn as a have to buy food I will replace them.
Same with alcohol, should be only temporary because I will demolish all the cemeterys and rebuild them different. For the time I need something to keep the happiness up. But if youre sure that taverns dont increase the happiness I should do something different..
I will not combine any export. As you said, only firewood.
Thank you for the info and help:)

I got one question to @RedKetchup , how does your dentist and bathtubs work? Do they work like the herbalist, bannies visit the building and increases their happiness?

Nilla

I wouldn´t build any graveyards at all, as long as you build new houses continously, the happiness stays at 4½ star even without graveyards (unless there is no starvation or deseases or something else that causes death for many people). Let the few unhappy people idle a little more. The ground for graveyards is more valuable for woodchoppers or houses. You must also be aware that people don´t accept graveyards all too far away. So on a large map you must always pay attention where old people live. I wouldn´t bother to manage this in a huge settlement. But that´s me. You mighr think different.

Trizeropz

@Nilla , tried it and worked fine. Another thing ive learned from you :)

Screenshot 1: Economy is fine. Food dropped to 200k due to no fishermens (needed them as laborer).
Screenshot 2: Now I try how fast I can get food.
Screenshot 3: Never had so many logs. Set woodcutter to 147 again so I should get over 200k firewood and logs soon. Still raisin.
Screenshot 4: Two years later, food raised up to close a million (ive set every fishermen and replaced every orchard with crops)
Screenshot 5: Crops and grain silos. Because the farmer would search for space in barns and wouldnt get the whole crops cleared fast enough

Lag is extrem. I believe its worse due to the mods. On my latest map with 7k the extrem lag started about 3-4k people. Now i got 2.2k people and have maybe 4fps
Clothed 100%
Dont know why Educated is not 100%... got more teacher than needed.
I have more families than homes. Im not fast enough with building new houses. Only got a little baby boom. Filling of the rest of the map should go very fast now because of many many stones logs and iron. Also ive many laborers
Wondering why the idling isnt that bad yet. At 600 people the bannies startet idling extremely. They walked on the other side of the canal. Now quite no one is walking away...
Workplace assignment ist quite nice yet.

Nilla

I must ask something to picture 6.

It looks like as you have filled a part of the river. And it seems like the merchants ignore it. Does they also ignore it, if there are buildings on the former river?

Honestly, I don't really like the look of your settlement; too regular in squares. I would say; typical German. ;)

(Note; it wasn't meant to be discriminating against Germans, I love Germans, I'm even married to one and have half German children :) )

Trizeropz

Only a few traders continued to pass the river. But 90% of them use the new canal.
Yes they also ignore the buildings on the river

Haha okay:D No problem:) I like the look of my town

Trizeropz

I recorded some clips while playing on my 15000 pop town.
Did a video for youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-iiqXHQIrg

There will be coming more. Tell me what you think about it:)

Nilla

Your video is perfect, something like 2 minutes! Couldn't be done better. I don't like these long ones. OK, I watched a few longer videos before I bought Banished ( like I did with other games I might be interested in) but later, after I started to play myself ,5 minutes is the upper limit!

Tom Sawyer

Trizeropz

@Nilla thanks, this time I dont have to show that much of my map because everything looks the same:D
But in the next video I should maybe put some graphs of my ressources and stuff in. Something more? Do you have any idea?

Screenshot 1: I hit 1.000.000 food within 3 years, got over 200k log and firewood. Clothing and tools are also fine. I'm at 2350 People right now. I had not much time to play the last 2 days
Screenshot 2: Got a little baby boom

Trizeropz

Screenshot 1: Set only a single herbalist for all the people just for fun, looks cool
Screenshot 2: Why does this happen with the canals? Had this two times before. Rebuilding helped..
Screenshot 3: Pop is raising faster and faster
Screenshot 4: Due to full stockpiles, the bannies are storing less food and more other stuff in markets... Thats why I try the nmt markets now. Unfortunately they have a smaller radius so I need to place lots of them
Screenshot 5: Now. Tools and Herbs dropped dramatically. But I think i got this

I'm at 3400 People right now
I have 9 fps with game speed x1 ingame

RedKetchup

Quote from: Trizeropz on September 24, 2016, 07:10:36 AM
Screenshot 2: Why does this happen with the canals? Had this two times before. Rebuilding helped..

cause the terraform feature in this game is super super bad :( it does often strange stupid things
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .