News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paeng - Village Journals

Started by Paeng, March 21, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on August 28, 2017, 09:03:18 AMdo you ever get bannies dropping through them for a split second?

Yeah, there are a few pieces of jetties where that happens - mainly on diagonals, but even on some straight pieces (e.g. bridge ramps)... actually Disc is aware of them as well, hopefully he gets all of them straightened out once they get out of beta...

* I admit I don't quite understand how Embx fixed that issue - though I'm not sure he talks about diagonal pieces...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

The floor has to be one piece or pieces have to overlap each other a bit.

So I had a piece in my mesh what was several boards with a cap between them.
The game see those caps (even when they are tiny) as air and the bannies hop like a kangaroo.

I copied the mesh and delete everything besides what is to be the floor.
But because all the boards are separated it did not work well and it was funny to see the bannies hopping up and down..

Then I made the floor one piece and the problem went away.

I not have DS code but I think he copied his mesh too and delete everything besides what is going to be the floor but probably have a tiny cap were the straight and triangle pieces meet.

This picture maybe explains it a bit better. The bridge have all separated boards with a cap in between.
If I copy it like that and delete everything beside the boards and use it as a floor the bannies will hop up and down.

The pink rectangles at the bottom is the floor. It is just a solid plain the same length and width as all the boards together.

If DS make them as one solid piece or overlap a little bit the problem will be fixed.

Ramps are the same. where the ramp meet the level part there can be no cap.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Oh okay - you fixed it in a 3D prog... I didn't think that far - here I was trying your tips inside the game  LOL

:D

Paeng

Asburnsville Part 4

After bridging the northern lake, the east was open for settlements...

First was another quaint hamlet in the northeast, supporting the nut farmers and oil pressers with more fruit orchards, a small central market with all the necessary workplaces and an apothecary making strong and useful herbal teas.

Settling was improved by a bridge around a lakeside mountain thaat became a major trade route.

It was mainly built by a band of nomads, who then settled in the far north - an area now known as Slaughterhouse5... hardy hunters making a living hunting, turning hides, cutting up and drying meat to supply the local markets.

Another group of nomads insisted to settle as far as possible away from these guys - they carved their homes out from a mountainside all the way in the far southwest.

Their cousins went heavily into glass making.

The largest part of the eastern forests turned into agriculture, to feed the masses now closing in on 1.000 people... massive new diversified crops, mills, orchard, more porkers, sheep and chicken surround a strong hamlet with more blacksmiths, tailors, tanners and leather works than ever - life is good...

Even after an extremely long and cold winter, things will pick up quickly.

So now I'm off for the 100-year bash, then I'll leave these good folks who gained the right to be an independent nation.

8)

Paeng

Forrey

This is Forrey, dusty hamlets cut out of a barren, rocky island...

Agriculture was hardly feasible, much effort was expanded on re-foresting the area and cultivating fruit and nut orchards... at least that gave the villagers the means to produce a lot of ale, wine, corn whiskey and mead  ;)

Else there is a lot of breaking stone, leather work and mollusc farming...

Some data -

:)

kid1293

Hi!
Never seen such a map. Rock desert.
The game lets you grow vegetables anyway but the sight of it is remarkable!

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on September 15, 2017, 10:35:29 AMNever seen such a map.

It's a CC terrain (that bundle that was uploaded here at WoB)...

QuoteThe game lets you grow vegetables anyway

Yeah, I feel that's a field for modding right there... like starting conditions that implement different "temperature maps", and also different vegetation for different climates... CC has a number of such conditions (where only certain trees grow or only certain crops thrive)... probably needs a lot of finetuning, but it's certainly possible...

*Also, I completely neglected irrigation, dumb me... but I had my sight fixed on mountain mansions, the quarry and such... but yeah, the terrain looks good, I'm sure to give that another try soon...  :D

EDIT

Also, this journal shows that we always need matching, or better yet transparent variants for pastures, orchards and cemeteries... those green patches are kinda - unmotivated   :)

Paeng

Here a quick teaser for my new town...

Trying to work with all kinds of mods I have not yet used a lot  ;)

Currently in year 20, about 100 peeps... port is 95% ready, but I don't really need it right now.
In the northwest is a Forest Center, a fodderfarmer is planned somewhere south...

Paeng

Gilmerding

These hamlets are ruled by Count Dragnor...

The Abbey Orchards

Ropemaker Village

A Forest Center

Modest Harbor

Vegetable Greenhouses

Oilpresser Village

Livestock and Fodder

Count Dragnor's Stronghold

Overview

Some data...

:)

brads3

sadly i still can't see your pics. my comp doesn't like dropbox.tried several attempts and setting too.i can't comment cause i am blind.

Paeng

Oh well, let's not start that discussion again here in the journals... last time around we figured it's something about IE/win10...   :(

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

I've been asked for the modlist of this town, attached...  :)

Paeng

Rumours whispering of an evil power rising in the south...

Count Dragnor ordered to strengthen the fortifications along the river, the keep was rebuilt and improved.

A mysterious dark fog settled at our border. It could not be entered, none of our scouts were ever seen again.

When the fog started to lift, a vile statue was revealed... The evil Lord Baal'Nak and his sorcerers had driven a tunnel through the southern mountains and built a stronghold right on our shore...

Misshapen creatures spawned by unholy rituals at the black cathedral, soon filling the nearby encampments.

And the raids begun.

While the villagers fought fires and raiders, the Count's mages probed Baal'Nak's defenses...

Will they drive back the dark forces?

Of course - the force is with us! A strong magic blast drives the black lord back into the vortex he came from...

:D

kid1293