News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bucolic countryside

Started by irrelevant, June 13, 2014, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

I really like this, I don't know why. It reminds me of France, or maybe Indiana. Anyway, I think I could live here.

irrelevant

A bit farther downstream is the new port facility. On year 51, all of this has been developed in the past 10 years.

irrelevant

In upper left center, Oldtown.

Bobbi

@irrelevant, what is the seed? It looks like an interesting map. Typing is slow today, doing it with one hand because cat curled up on left arm.

salamander

Quote from: Bobbi on June 14, 2014, 11:40:52 AM
@irrelevant... doing it with one hand because cat curled up on left arm.

Lol -- that's just like the most common phrase in our house for why you might ask someone to do something for you -- 'would you get me glass of water; I have a kitty.'  :D

You might claim they're just pets, but, honestly, they really do rule the household.

Bobbi

My cats aren't spoiled.....

salamander

Yeah ... right.  ;D  Between cats and humans, I have to wonder who domesticated whom.

Bobbi

Hijacking post with cats. I would guess mine would say they have me pretty well trained. "Hey hon, could you refill my wine glass? I have a cat on my lap."

irrelevant

I have four cats with me. I have a couple of chairs pulled up next to mine, and there's one on each, with a couple more laying around on the floor. We're all just hangin' out.

@Bobbi  the map is 540906850 large valley fair off medium.

irrelevant

Newport. Started out on the left bank there, then crossed the river.

A few houses first, then a forester and a hunter. Next year, farther out, a few more houses and a barn, and then the next forester/hunter. Stayed like this for a few years until some log issues were solved. Then all in one year put down several more houses, the port, the market, and the farms. The following year built barns, a tailor, a blacksmith, a tavern, and a woodcutter. Used the traders to drag wool, iron, and fruit to the port, then when the industry started up, the raw materials were already at hand.

In the upper right there, the next planned expansion. First the six new houses, then the market up in the corner. Once the market's built I'll develop the area between those two markets. Looks like a good spot for some farms. I like farms.  :)

irrelevant

irrelevant

All 16 crops and trees are shown here.  8)

irrelevant

Newport and Lakeport, all new in the past 7 years.

The market and the trading post are such a natural combination, I almost hate building one without the other now!! Each is like an extension of the other.

irrelevant

Autumn afternoon; harvesting.

irrelevant

The construction of a farming community: Eastfield. Early summer 76 through autumn 77. Twenty-five more farmers  ;)