News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Kooski

Started by brads3, March 19, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I would never use the mods in this way. I like trouble, and to solve problems, but not this kind. But still, it's interesting to read and I can learn things, I never would think about in my own games. :)

Tom Sawyer

I see! So you are the one who is countering, hijacking and locking other poor little mods.^^

Nilla

I thought you already knew that! ;)

brads3

it is fun this way,Nilla.each mod has a purpose. kinda like taking the best of many worlds and put them togetherit brings its own challenges since not everything will work or will work differently than intended.some i can control with mod order. it willt take time and several plays to figure those out.each game may have similar buildings but each game is different.TOM makes it more challenging since i can't debug test it.i debug test to check inventory for blank tags and adjust mod order then tun the North mod on.

RED's crop production would be set different than the CC. so i knew the outputs and function would be changed. all without adding the North. a player would expect ,with the North below, the crops would produce per RED's coding.if the North climate over rode the mod above it, i would have thought the climate would play much harder. i can only report what i see. it doesn't seem to play a full level harder. more like half a level. like i get hard winters more often.the crops take longer to grow or harvest.i have cehecked on them a few times and sometimes the harvests start early enough that the fields should be cleared before snow starts.sometimes the farmers are still harvesting into november.
       in CC once it snowed,the crops would lose fruits. as they got frosted you could see the field % start to go down.say the field was partly harvested but showed 40%. once it snowed that bar would get smaller and smaller. the 40 would go down, and the longer it stayed cold the faster it would get smaller. that doesn't seem to happen here. whatever the field has for output stays on the field much longer.

i will look at the summer temps.maybe it isn't warm enough.

brads3

YEAR 23

since the canal trader is busy with lumber and coats,a dock trade post is built near the start point for trading the marble. this will insure that 1 TP will move it.it is also closer so can move marble faster.

the bison pasture does give leather.the mod order did help.even so ,our food struggles continue.there is 40% of our workers producing food.winters have been long.snow comes as harvest starts.some years it doesn't melt til april.the laborers have been sent repeatedly to scavnege.each year more fields are planted.education climbs back toward 40%.i did rotate crops to add more strawberry and pea fields.
       finally getting a good food trade adding over 4000 food,we can build a couple new houses.1 long field is switched to the new kale seed.the canal TP does ship marble but stocks it last.

YEAR 24

2 DS hovels will house more farmers.a RK tailor can begin to make fur coats.with another good trade,food is finally up over 10,000.

pic 1:canal storage,the vendors switch around the markets to keep the storage from filling.
pic 2: CC dock trader
pic 3: RK tailor,
pic 4: DS hovels and more fields
pic 5: snow on the crops,in CC what is left on the fields would die off quickly.

brads3

YEAR 25-27

While the food is caught up,i made some adjustments.uptil now i've had 2 workers on all 3 gathering spots.i cut back to 1 each.to compensate the workers will clear 2 fields.i checked some old notes.the education level holding near 40% is not the issue.the climate is problemtaic. the yields are lower,but made much worse by the short growing season.i get about 1 good year out of 4.i'll keep experimenting with different crops as i get seed.so far wheat and strawberries are giving the most.hopefully, the crop rotations i made will help.
      there are 2 rowhouses being built for the mine and quarry workers.a well pump to pull water from the canal is alomst finished.as soon as those projects and the fields are cleared,i can expand farther.

in order to open up the land to the east,an industrial market plaza is set and cleared.this will give the bannies space to store items as they clear roads and build.with some more markets,food and supplies can be stocked there.in time a group of nomads can work this area for materials.the materials can be moved across the river and processed, so better buildings can be built north of the canal.while the east is supplied,the start village will expand to keep fiid up.
     the gatherers dropped by 200 each but our food overall has produced better.the food limit had to be increased.snow started in early october but melted in early march.

Nilla says i seem to play faster. there is several reasons.mostly RED's mod plays a lot faster.it has similar items and chains to CC,but a big differnce in file size.even with extra mods,it is about 1GB smaller.the bannies move faster.the North's calander in months took some getting used to.time seemed slower in the last game.RED's mod does other things that speed game play as well. the roads layout easier.i don't have to clear land then run the roads.with CC,to expand you had to work to get a road ran than clear and build.RED's mod saves a step. the builders can deal with the roads and the laborers can already be moving supplies for buildings.between TOM,RED,and NECORA, they have the wood per tree increased.there is no need to clear land for logs.though there are some conflicts, the mods work between them to bring many good points.it will take some time to get used to so many changes.

another year of sending nomads away. i want to get a few things done first.more houses are needed and i would like to get the laborer count back down.another school is needed.a sweetpotato field is plowed.there was a reason for trying to get the sugarbeets producing,a sugar factory is built.we can make jam and supply a nordic beekeeper.we can make apple jam but no strawberry.2 EB markets will start stocking food,tools,and firewood near the industrial plaza.

the merchants brought us red dairy cows and tomato seeds.for now a pea field is switched over.

pic 1:sugar factory
pic 2: canal water pump
pic 3: apple jam
pic 4: industrial market plaza

RedKetchup

i am happy to hear all my optimizations pay and give real satisfaction :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

me like happy modders.lots more to test yet. gopefully production buildings will be tested soon.

brads3

YEAR 27-30

the nordic beekeeper needs sugar and the factory puts out refined suagr.slight difference but the beekeeper will have to wait. a DS bee shelter can be built on the other side of the grape orchard.

27 new nomad settlers arrive in july. since food merchants have been coming by consistently we let this group stay. they begin work on a inn near the plaza that is already being stocked with materials.while the inn is being built the workers can clear land for fields south of the FO. forest
     with the inn finished,there is still homeless nomads. a boardinghouse is added across the river south of the canal.
with everyone housed,half the workers head back to clear a pasture for the red dairy cows that i had forgotten about. they were being cared for in the holding pen near the trade dock still.the other laborers worked to clear the clay and sand pits and a nordic mine. as they do the builders will build several rowhouses.

an RH market will keep the quarry workers supplied.the plaza expands adding a school,office,clinic,RH tailor,and a nordic blacksmith.with the multi-mine completed,the mine plaza village is fully housed and functioning.
      there is a boarding house full of laborers south of the canal.they will need production buildings.the quarry boardinghouse has 2 families still.another stone quarry is needed there as well. i didn't get all the new nomads housed and working.there has been some stone shortages.

pic 1:thick apple-chesnut forest
pic 2: clay and sand pits
pic 3:growing market plaza
pic 4: south of the FO forest
pic 5:nordic mine,note the salt limit flag
pic 6: dairy pasture

brads3

YEAR 30 review

population 232,45% educated,in 58 houses and 2 boardinghouses.inn is empty.huge recovery to food reserves. a third of our labor force is in food production and almost 20% is laborers. we gained pigs and red dairy cows and several crop seeds.the quarries ship marble.the new production plaza  mines iron and digs clay and sand.
     added a nordic tannery mod that processes deerhide into leather.had some issues trying to use salt.the nordic beekeeper needs different sugar.i found the workplace cannery makes strawbery jam not the colonial jam shop.there has been learnning and adjustments made for the climate.we are farher north than expected. our summers are cooler and winters are often long.more like southern canada.i need to test the salt more and try to figure out where that conflict is.otherwise the mod order functions quite well.

pic 1: stats,quarry village
pic 2: production ,mine village from main river
pic 3: inventory from above the lighthouse
pic 4: 10yr food graph,looking southwest from the quarry village

brads3

YEAR 30

to test the salt further,EB's built to cure leather. oddly it does store the salt.the tannery worine.to add to the weird salt issue the industrial plaza is a 1.06 mod but storing salt that should be flagged mineral.i suppose the mineral flag took the place of coal.

the bannies need a physcologist.instead of moving out of the boardinghouse near the rowhouses,they emptied out of the other boardinghouse near the canal.thereby moving from there clear over here.had i known they would do that i would have built the tannery near the canal pump.guess they don't want to work at processing the clay and sand.so much for that plan.i don't even know where they went. i only built 2 houses and 1 has a single male in it.maybe they packed up and left town. if you see them ask them why they didn't  leave me a note.

oops. i tried to trade for sugar to test it with the nordic beekeeper. this caused a fatal error.restart the year over.oops. the error happened right as the trader dropped the sugar into storage.the beekeeper was enabled so not sure if it is when it is dropped or when the code pulls the keeper to pick it up.

i fixed it,the merchant didn't bring more sugar.3 fields are cleared and the road now goes around the FO forest.
the swan tavern is added to the quarry village with some tables.2 of the new fields can be planted with roots for rootbeer.i am curious to see if that is edible or luxury item with the north mod.the workers cleaned up around the village.

i did take 5 sugar in trade and the trader was able to store it in a pile.the beekeeper even picked it up and feeds the bees.hmmmm i guess it could be a stockpile issue  since it wouldn't store in 1 but did in another.i did have an issue before that RED's covered piles placed too easy but wouldn't store.i see RED mentioned he adjusted that in his masterpiece mod.this will take more experimenting.the specialized or better storage mods could be causing a conflict.

PIC 1:EB tannery does use salt and works
pic 2: 1 family didn't leave the closer boardinghouse.
pic 3: quarry village

brads3

YEAR 31

checking on the outputs of the mine village,the sand already is over 400 stored and clay is almost 100.some coal is being traded.iron and charcoal are being used.
         the last family that didn't move will get a stone house and work to make glass.since the nordic glass maker needs glass,i will test RED's.the workers can keep busy cleaning up around the mines.

with everyone housed,there is 29 laborers and 5 builders.i need to figure out where the workers are to get them busy and then start making more houses.the markets near the canal are staffed and 3 more supply the villages.small colonial houses will help move farmers closer to the fields.another plymouth harmonized house will house livestock workers for the dairy and bison pastures.

i use 1 worker on the clay and sand pits,and 2 or 3 on the quarries and mines.part og this is due to population,part is need.the small mine village has enough work for the workers there.the mines also are known to have more accidents,though the safety mod helps lessen that.as the towns expand there is stone and ores collected.when i start to use more stone ,the quarry was built to supply more.with more workers in the quarry village and using stone faster,RED's quarry was added.with only 3 workers the marble is too productive. with an 11 trade value that is enough to keep trading posts stocked by itself.there isn't a need to send  7 workers to each mine.as time goes on and more materials are needed, the villages can grow and send more workers.not set up to be the most productive but set more on needs.

i did trade for more sugar to see if the nordic bees need more feed to produce.the fatal errors are happening when the trader stores into a pile near the canal.setting the pile to destroy does not stop the trader from trying to unload to it.once he picks up the sugar he already has decided where to take it.i went back to just before he picked up the sugar,set the problem pile to destroy,and gave him 2 different piles. a general and RK mineral.he bypassed both and used a barn.took a few reloads but solved. i had the builders add a tiny stoage shed next to the trade post for future use.before the sugar could be used by the beekeeper, someone took it home.the beekeeper got 27 honey from the 5 sugar.

pic 1: mine and pit outputs.
pic 2:glass factory
pic 3: canal market stocked
pic 4: produce not being hurt by frost.lettuce should have frosted,should be losing tomatoes.the growth bar doesn't show damage due to cold.fields seem dependant on summer temts only. if it is warm enough, they grow.whatever is produced,waits for the farmers.some crops should be more affected by cold than others.

pic 5:nordic bees are fed

brads3

YEAR 32-33

a precious mine will let us see if the mod order adjustments fixed the ore issues.work aalso begins south of the mine village on a maple forest.a pine hunter and trapper,pine storage, and some colorful pine cabins will keep the builders busy for the year. the precious mod does work, producing ores.the precious mine gets 11 rough gemstones with 2 uneducated workers.
     the pilgrim's rest near the orchard forest will make rootbeer. there is ale being stored in houses so the North mod has changed how it is flagged.

the following year,a RK sawmill and a fur tailor is added to the new forest.since the RK sawmill only produces lumber,KIDD's sawmill will be used to cut firewood.

pic 1: precious mine,
pic 2: pilgrim's rest
pic 3: TK lumbermill and KIDD sawmill

RedKetchup

my lumber doesnt make firewood because the work time of the lumbermill is alot more than the wood cutter time.
i wished i could make it drop both in same time... but nobody found a way to make it work
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i remember Necora having that issue before too. it is fine just having lumber.