News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Why the descrepencies?

Started by twilightbreeze, June 12, 2017, 10:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

twilightbreeze,don't just leave.  you missed a line i wrote"this is why we do like new players here. they bring new ideas that we haven't thought of yet".
i was serious.we do need new players with new ideas. AND if they are modders,that helps tons.the last few modders have made huge changes to the game this year.
   i can remember playing and looking for some building style to suit some mod set.i used NMT's med clinic for most maps for quite a while since it was the only hospital that suited my style. since then more mods have been made and now i use other hospitals as well.that is why i suggested looking around at the many mods here and at the BL site,to find what does suit you.it is a trial and error process. you add some,try them,and keep what you like.take back out those that don't suit you.not saying you need every mod but a couple can help you "create" your own full set.
     for ideas,read through some of the village blogs. there is tons of info and pics from several players in there. all have different play styles. if you see something you like and want just ask. we are all glad to help.

embx61

This is my last post on WoB and while I said not be posting anymore in this thread I belive my message belongs in this thread.

@brad3 He apparently missed many lines some others wrote.

Mister is frustrated because some sets have not the buildings the gentleman believe should be in certain sets.

Now it seems that I was rude to him according to a PM I received.
I not see it this way at all. I, and others, explained why mods are what they are because of time limits and such and then get told to back off.

Well, he succeeded in his statement to back off and I after some thinking about it all  last night I have decide to retire from Modding for Banished.

So I don't have to deal anymore with people like mister back off who gets frustrated because something in THEIR eyes is missing from a set.

That some even apologize to him baffles the hell out of me. Their was no language barrier. Nobody in that thread said anything wrong but mister back off just assumed it was.
I not going to waste more time on stuff like this and now have to be feeling guilty because I was rude to him.

I wish you all well and everyone can just take all I created so far to fix bugs or whatever they want to do with it.
Maybe mister back off can make his dream mod with it.  ;)

It was a long and nice ride but I refuse to be told to back off by a mister Assumption who apparently have a hard time reading well.
Probably because he is so frustrated he misses a Town Hall from a certain set. Pfffffffffffffffffffff.

Even my beloved wife, who was such a sweet person, would have told me to tell him to go to hell after his back off statement.

But whatever. Other modders and players feel he was right and probably do what they can to fulfill his dream mod.
All I can say is good luck with that as for such persons it will never be enough and I for one not let me dictate what I create and what not.

Regards

Embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

brads3

it is sad to see EB leave us. i was hoping to diffuse the situation and calm us all down.i do hope EB just takes a  well-deserved break and comes back. the last few weeks must have een very rough for him.i do hope he finds some needed peace and comfort.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 13, 2017, 10:58:04 AMdecide to retire from Modding for Banished.

Oh no, please  :'(

Don't let a lousily worded gripe by a single person get under your skin like that...

I understand your anger, I felt a bit like it, too - however, there should not be such grave consequences... sleep it off, take a break, come back refreshed... please don't just leave!

:(
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

whats up in the air today and yesterday ???

i fail at modoration for sure :P i should have closed this thread right from 1st - 2nd post :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .