News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RED's some testing blog

Started by RedKetchup, August 20, 2018, 07:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hi There !

lately, i am testing the new 1.1 incoming version of the RK Editor Choice.
in about like 3-4 days, i did like 3 maps. sure they arent complete but still played many years.

the first one, i ended it at year 37. (if i remember correctly)(maybe it was year 31 though)

here some pictures. Thunder Plains
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Then i started a new one because i felt there were some things i didnt set up corectly in the placement of my buildings

i started New Horizon which ended up at year 42. it was a very large map and i felt there was way too much space i will never use. i made it to 500 citizens and with the space left, i would maybe could out like 18,000 citizens LOL

here some pictures.

RedKetchup

and then i was at this one.
i started a small map. i think i ve got a good seed. i called it : Smallville

here the first 10 pictures.

RedKetchup

as you can see i really like the flatten tool. not because annoying little hills or mountains... there are none. but i love how the citizens proceed it. they cut everything down and at the end, they picking up everything. i think it is more efficace.

here some more picture.... the 10 screens following up.

RedKetchup

the town was going very well ! everything was rocking.

here the next 10 screenshots.

RedKetchup

the last picture of previous post was funny. i thought citizens were loving cabbage and hated cucumbers lol. the numbers should have been same.

here another batch of 10 screenshots :)

RedKetchup

at some point previous post... i ve got to pickup the "oh my! button : Food" hehe. i noticed the food was going down, so i started to put some more food incoming :)

here 10 more screens.

RedKetchup

as you could see, i really like those tiny barns. at 2,000 cap. i ve got to nerf them a bit. 1700 or 1800 i dont remember. in the space of a normal barn 7,500 you could put 6 of them which was doing like 12000 cap.

i continued to expand the city and covering more technology :)

more screens.

RedKetchup

at some point i was kinda a bit late on my things....

people were aging.... i pushed the houses... women were at 32y. will barely have 1 child... and then the first old age died... there again i was late....

then was time for the townhall so i can know where i am... and i found some place for a 2nd foundry with a perfect fit....

i finally catched up with the families-housing.... at year 12. 64 citizens.
here the last screenshots. this is were i am right now.

Goblin Girl

It's looking good!
I did notice that up a few posts, a bear had wandered into a pasture. :o

brads3

i was curious to see how much fodder you had in the forests.with the different start mods,i start like that but after just a few years the fodder dies out. i also haveno firewood in the forests but would have from meadows.your pics give me something to compare my set up against.

i'll have to try your flatten to clear land trick.that makes sence that it will be faster.good to see you find some playtime.it shouldn't be all work and no play. :D

RedKetchup

when you use a tool like : all rock, all iron, all tree, all everything... before it has been executed, tons of spawns of everything can happends in that zone.
flatten tool ask to grab totally everything before its done. so no more grass or other thing survive.

RedKetchup

i continued a bit today :) i made 8 years and i am now at year 20 in this small map.

i ve got to pass through a big old citizens death period. seems it was never ending.... i ve got a little boost midway but not that much.
but i feel it is more stable now and can only count on my farmer winter power force. so i spent 2-3 winters to clean up and gather some forest zone that matured during these years. it gave me a boost in wood stockage :)

here 10 pictures

RedKetchup

as you could see also in previous post... i ve got to shoo away 3 nomads lol. the number 3 .. and no hospital yet ... it was giving nothing out to bring the gods wraths upon us.
i started my hospital though and finished it at some point.

i can say also the merchants never bring me anything good. totally useless.

I LOVE this mod !! here some +12 screenshots.