News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicqueen

brads3, you're correct.  I didn't have storage cart/barn.  Any scenario doesn't have storage cart by default is not going to work.  I tried "farmer" scenario and the description said there would be a medium barn but there wasn't.   I didn't check so I thought there was one in there already.   Thank you for pointing this out. 

Nilla

Yes, you are right, the "farmer" option is not what it´s said to be, I just looked and indeed; it´s not playable that way, at least not without additional mods, that have a store easier to build. I also discovered another thing that you need to look into @RedKetchup; I was curious if they had a crop to start with, so I set a small field where nothing grew and clicked on it; crash.

RedKetchup

yeah some of the special new start condition dont have their barn spawning by the map generator.
it will be fixed for beta 3.

about the things on the footprint : yeah all items left are food. you need a barn for those.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

There is always an area at the start where there is nothing on the ground that needs to be removed. That's where you need to place your barn.

brads3

RED i noticed you did something unique with this. you replaced blue berry with junipers so the various brewery mods use the juniper in place of the blue berry. is this your plan with other items as well with the ROP mod? i realize you are still working in Beta. i am curious to see if all my iron needs are changed to bronze. do you plan to use the same tactic to replace the trees so other odded foresters will plant the new palm trees?

this is not a request by the way. i just found the replacement trick unique and interested to hear what your thinking was. what is next replace apples with mangos?

thatch regrows. the regrowth is much slower here and we still have meadows.  the forester plants new trees but doesn't seem to plant the palm trees.  it does seem to be thick for the climate. it has a huge jungle canopy look.

banner38

JD

My first thought when I looked at this was, wow I bet you're having a blast designing all this!

It's awesome, it's a whole new game really... Can't wait for the official mod to come out!

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 18, 2019, 10:58:17 AM
RED i noticed you did something unique with this. you replaced blue berry with junipers so the various brewery mods use the juniper in place of the blue berry. is this your plan with other items as well with the ROP mod?

euh thats possible i did this lol. i would need to verify p

i realize you are still working in Beta. i am curious to see if all my iron needs are changed to bronze.

more i think about it would be a great idea in fact.

just change the texture and call it Bronze. so that way what ever the mod is searching about iron... they will look for "bronze" :)

do you plan to use the same tactic to replace the trees so other odded foresters will plant the new palm trees?

i would need to verify. it should plant palms too. bah in fact they plant trees. and it is 1 tree even if the look , the model, can be very different as a palm or another model.

this is not a request by the way. i just found the replacement trick unique and interested to hear what your thinking was. what is next replace apples with mangos?

no i cant. some mods have and mangos and apple. they would end with 2 mangos.

thatch regrows. the regrowth is much slower here and we still have meadows.  the forester plants new trees but doesn't seem to plant the palm trees.  it does seem to be thick for the climate. it has a huge jungle canopy look.

maybe the trees have a too big spawn chance and the respawn of grass is not enough high. would need to check.

RedKetchup

Hi all !

i added today the new model of the blacksmith i made. i finished it lately, and i added it to RotP.
i made the building process but i still need to make a new footprint for it.

the vanilla one was 5x7, this one will be 6x6. Here the screenshots in game:

moonbelf

@RedKetchup OMG this looks so good! Thank you for continuing to work on ROTP!

taniu

@RedKetchup  ;D ;D ;D delicate and beautiful style of buildings.Thank you for continuing to work on ROTP!.Regards

RedKetchup

euh... i wish to know , you who have played a while the beta 2... which building to replace i should do ?
which building replacement should add a lot to beta 3 ?

elune@gmx.us

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2020, 09:13:34 AM
euh... i wish to know , you who have played a while the beta 2... which building to replace i should do ?
which building replacement should add a lot to beta 3 ?
Hospital  :)

moonbelf

Thought I'd give Beta2 a try and only using ROTP beta2, cannot get any scenario to have a barn/cart to start. Therefor no food, no tools and bannies die off before you can build a mud hut, to build a barn. Can't harvest crop from the field because there's no barn.

Do I need another to add another mod to have regular starting conditions? I don't remember Beta 1 being like this.

Nilla

I´m pleased that you´ve got back to your mods @RedKetchup. I hope you enjoyed your break and will enjoy your new mod ideas even more.

The buildings from RotPh are very lovely and all vanilla buildings that you need to build look odd in the surroundings. I hope you have plans to replace all (or take them away).

You have already shown us a blacksmith, that´s a good thing, a tailor would be as needed. And like @moonbelf says; there´s need for a smaller barn/barrel/crate that needs no mud to make all starting options playable. I would also like to see your idea of an ancient  Egyptian trading port; something spectacular!