News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Poll : New Orchards package.

Started by RedKetchup, August 28, 2014, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Poll : New Orchards package.

If it would happends if we would do a pack of new orchards, how many new orchards would you see and wish to be added ? and which fruit/nut would you like to see being added ?

personally, also i would love to see a fix about the lifetime and production of an orchard in the same time of a such pack.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ivorymalinov

Can say what further fruit/nut trees I'd like to see but I would LOVE to see the orchards actually stay mature longer before being cut and replanted.

mariesalias

I am not sure what kinds (so helpful, I know) but I'd like to see more colorful ones in the game. :D

irrelevant

Quote from: ivorymalinov on August 28, 2014, 02:44:24 AM
Can say what further fruit/nut trees I'd like to see but I would LOVE to see the orchards actually stay mature longer before being cut and replanted.
That is the only thing regarding orchards that interests me as well. Other than that, fruits are fruits and nuts are nuts. ;)

RavenSteele

Although temp and location would be an issue, bananas and pineapple would be nice

Bobbi

I would particularly like to see some kind of vineyard and winery mod

Bong

I voted for second choice. One of them to be oranges, and second is up to modder :)

Bobbi

Also agree that I would like a mod where the longevity of mature trees is increase. Seriously, many trees last hundreds of years. Why do ours take three years (fifteen) to mature and then last five years (25) total?

RedKetchup

graphite

As for the trees there is a maturity var that you can assign // length of growth period to maturity>>>float _growthInMonths = 40; {default for oak} But, if you push it to far without other balances, you could end up with some sort of weird time dilation ;) It's in the testing list, and this also applies for crops.

RedKetchup

alright, thanks Graphite for the tips :)

mariesalias

Okay for types of trees, I did some google image searching for possibilities.

For nut trees, hazelnuts, hickory nuts, pinenuts, and macadamia nuts all have interesting color and/or texture variations.

For fruits I'll go by color for some of the interesting ones.

Red: Pomegranate and Strawberry (yes, there is a strawberry tree!  :o)

Red/green: Mango

Green: Limes, Figs, Guava

Orange/Peach: Oranges and Persimmons

Yellow: Lemons, Grapefruits (could also be pinkish), and Apricots (some are more peach-colored)

Yellow/Red: Nectarines and Prunes

I tried not to get too tropical. If we had different terrain types, you could have trees that would grow in them.

mariesalias

Quote from: RavenSteele on August 28, 2014, 09:18:13 AM
Although temp and location would be an issue, bananas and pineapple would be nice

Banana trees, coconut trees, and such would be cool with the right terrain! Pineapples though are plants/do not grow on trees. I had no idea how they grew until we actually bought a pineapple plant at the store.

graphite

Hi Marie,

You're a great researcher, and once again thanks for the feedback ... just wish we could get you to post up images as well ;) Could you be tempted if I sent you one of these in the mail? I'm referring to the pasta not the *.gif ;)

On a more serious note, like the crops, some of those are in an early development pipeline. Currently playing around with four different workflows for vegetation, it's just too early to settle on one atm, but all is heading in the right direction.

As for terrains, Blackwood mods, will have their own terrain maps, textures, environments, and climates ... forget Siberia my children, the Nile is this way, redacted...oops ... too late  ;)

Pineapple, coconut, and banana plantations are in the works.

Anyways time for some [wip] pics.

Cheers all.

mariesalias

Thanks @graphite.  I can try to, but no promises, I really hate using Photobucket. I'll see what kind of free time I can come up with in the next few days.

Nice trunk texture!