News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Map size stand alone mods?

Started by DesoPL, December 16, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

Is there any mods what adds bigger map sizes as stand alone mod? I going to reroll most i use, and CC is going off for sometime.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on December 16, 2017, 02:04:40 PM
Is there any mods what adds bigger map sizes as stand alone mod? I going to reroll most i use, and CC is going off for sometime.

i can maybe update peaks valleys but you will have to deal with my textures :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

I use an older one called "More Terrain" and its companion "Better Starts."  Forget where I got them...Thinking either Steam or BanishedInfo back when I first started using mods.  Pretty sure the CC maps got split off as a standalone mod, also, but not the start conditions.

More Terrain is a lot like the CC maps except it doesn't change anything from vanilla as far as the ground textures and trees etc.  "Very Large" in CC is "Larger" in it, and its got one bigger than that, "Huge" I think it's called, but there are minor problems with it...Like you can get some water glitches I think it says.  Never tried it.  Main reason I use it is it looks just like vanilla but has Plains, which I love.  Has others, too.

Better Starts is pretty cool.  Has a bunch of variations on start conditions like multiple types of Adam & Eve.  And lots of others.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

twilightbreeze

Go here: https://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse

There are a couple older stand-alone terrain size mods there.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

brads3

wiseman said be very careful.  largest map known to work problem free is the CC very large. yes it might have a slight water glitch. this is due to when a lake or stream is drawn and sometimes the 2 merge causes a shadow to the water. happens very seldom.i use lake maps on CC large and have seen this happen like 1 time in 2 years. there are larger maps that were modded. however they have glitches and issues.they also are pre-1.07 version.that alone might not matter but 1 of them, i belive it is the extension plus,doesn't let go when disabled and removed from the windata folder. you will need to clear the registry manually.

DesoPL

I actually look for size like in CC very large. Could be perfect actually.

wiscoke

kralyerg has made a stand-alone mod called "CC terrain", for only the terrains. maybe he can add the different map sizes ?! would be perfect as I only use CC for the map sizes lately!

RedKetchup

Quote from: wiscoke on December 17, 2017, 04:44:57 AM
kralyerg has made a stand-alone mod called "CC terrain", for only the terrains. maybe he can add the different map sizes ?! would be perfect as I only use CC for the map sizes lately!

good question. that should be, it is exactly same files as the terrain. i think they should have the large map in it
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

If he did, the climates would be awesome, too.  Not sure if that's already included or not.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

Let's hope they will be separate and not all combined into one, limiting choices, all or nothing.