News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How to YOU get your workers to work fast?

Started by twilightbreeze, July 08, 2017, 12:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I have the latest 07 version, and I have found that the workers tend to wander off and idle when assigned to something more often than in 06. I have the 'flatten tool" and that works well, but since have discovered a more sure fire way to get them to clear an area faster.
Stock piles. I set a max stockpile (15 x 15) on top of the area I want to denude. My workers apparently see that as super important, and clear the area fast, leaving nice filled stockpile. I then delete it, and again, they clear it off faster than with the flatten tool, to my main permanant stockpiles. Works for me.

What tricks to you guys use??
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

QueryEverything

Oh, that's interesting.  I hadn't noticed too much of a difference in speed, though I have seen others complain of small bugs like this.

I think it's worth it at this point @twilightbreeze  posting over at the Banished main page and marking it as a bug so that Luke sees it before he completes the next Beta.
He also needs to fix the debug tool as well.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i personally love tu turn everywhere into tons of giant stockpiles. the resources are automatically added to the future stockpile without any need to be moved.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

QueryEverything - Ok, I'll repost my first message as a bug report. Hopefully, it might fix the idle issue too.

RedKetchup - I am a bit of a neat nik...I like the semblance of order. lol.... ;D

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Nilla

Like @QueryEverything I haven't noticed any difference in any speed or higher affinity to idling, but others have, so there is probably an issue somewhere. I rather think, that a certain combination of mods than the game update itself causes this. I've played several games since I upgraded, and I think I would have noticed, if laborers work would have bin slower.

I don't use any tricks by clearing land. I've never had any problems, except maybe in very large games (5000 inhabitants or so) where nothing really work well. If I need it to be done fast, I use the priority tool, that works best for me. Of cause it's always good to start with a stockpile of a "proper" size (=enough to put the cleared material close). It do speed things up when they don't have to carry the logs too far, but I don't think you mean this.

Abandoned

I have way less than 100 people with no idling problem at all, with so few people I would notice.  4.5% happiness.  :)

QueryEverything

@twilightbreeze unless you post by another name over on another forum, with whom I've been talking with, then this is definitely not unique.  I'll update the post over there as well now that I've seen this thread, and know that post is not unique (now :) ).

I will try and play a straight run through over the next couple of days, but with 2 different people (because I'm assuming you would have said we'd previously talked under a different name ;) ) I'm not sure there's not much else I can add - other than mod details.  And I have a lot of mods, so that my take a while.

Would be interesting to know what, if any feedback you get from other places - if you post elsewhere.  :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Also - once you've posted, can you please share the link here @twilightbreeze so that we can follow along. :)

Savidan

I thought that builders goes to manually gather ressources instead of building. It's not obvious to know if they are done with a manually task or not.

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 09, 2017, 12:58:16 AM
i personally love tu turn everywhere into tons of giant stockpiles. the resources are automatically added to the future stockpile without any need to be moved.
Sometimes I made specialized stockpile to manually clean an area then I destroy it to move the ressources closer to my town.

grammycat

The only idlers I've noticed are builders.  However, technically they are not idling but gathering resources instead of building-even though resources are in a stockpile right in front of them.  Maybe marking areas for gathering takes precedence?  If I prioritize the building, they will go do it.