News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Zephormite: Endwellsworth

Started by Zephormite, July 08, 2014, 01:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephormite

Got an idea, including a marketplace to the south of the farms.
Hopefully it works out, that is my new development.

irrelevant

The distance from the field to the house is important, but the distance from the field to storage is more important. Farmers make one or at most two trips to their house during harvest, while they each may make 5-10 trips to storage.

Zephormite

Working on a plan, but it might involve a winter re-arrange of the crops to fit in what I want to achieve.

Zephormite

I have come up with a farming plan, with 2 orchards and 2 crop fields centred around a pair of storage barns, put four of these together with houses and a market in the middle. Think it will work, problem is my town got overpopulated and is now starving itseld...

RedKetchup

dont kill your town !! personallly i would just have deleted 1 or 2 4x15 orchards, those side by crops. 4x15 is perfect for some houses 4x4. but dont over populate, just ... throw some citezens out of their houses just before the house are done built, like at 70%. it s normal sometimes people just move 2-3 streets closer their jobs :) and get a better appart ^^^

but it s your game :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

I didn't want to kill the town, and didn't think I would as I was doing it in winter and there by not stopping any food production, but I think it was already at the tipping point, and that combined with getting a whole group working to make this set-up may have just been enough of a trigger to tip us over. Working on saving it now.

But if it doesn't work then I'll start again anyway :)

Zephormite

So I stopped the starvation, a loss of 2-300 people, but we have survived, now am growing a lot slower this time around and building up a store of Ale for trading, and also making sure our food reserves are a lot more resiliant.

On the main point of the layout I was trying out above using 4 Orchards, 4 Crop fields, 6 houses and 2 storage barns in a group, I added a strip with Market, 6 houses, Tavern, Woodcutter, Tailor & Blacksmith to the right of this, and then another identical layout. All of the fields are now supplying maximum every single season which is much improved on before.

I think the problem is that it takes a 43 by ~70 size flat area to pull this off, which is not exactly easy to come by on most maps. Not sure it is the most efficient use of space, but am going to try some varied layouts like this based around a market place and see if I can make something better which uses the space to a better level.

irrelevant

Check my Rickettsville blog for my standard market kit (one of each producer plus 9 houses in 25x22; farms and orchards out from there) and also for an expansion of that idea (two markets with three ports and four of each producer and umpteen houses).

Well, I don't know how to link to a single post, so I hope you don't mind if I put the images here: