News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

help!!I got stuck on my first mod!

Started by cnzjs, April 27, 2019, 01:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnzjs

Hi,guys,just get to this game,and about to start to make some fun mods,but now I got stuck in my first mod,a translate mod.I know there's some chinese language mod,but I still make this one on my own,for learning.

1st step,I copy&paste the folder "\example\translation" and rename the new one to "cnese",and open "\example\cnese\Font\CharacterSet.rsc" ,add all common chinese character to this file,about 3000 characters.
2nd step,I try to "Build" it,use this sentence:
Quotebin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Package.rsc:list /pathres ../example/cnese /pathdat ../example/cnese/bin
,and unfortunately,it's wrong,I will upload the screenshot below,
So I start to think,maybe because there're too many characters,and I found "Font.rsc","FontLarge.rsc" ets total 4 files,change "_sheetWidth" and "_sheetHeight" to a big number,like add a 0 behind it,it works!!!!!!!
3rd step,I try to "Mod" my work,but still wrong,see the screenshot below,I think it's because the 2nd step I modify the number too big cause this.but no matter how many I change that number,it's always 2nd or 3rd step wrong.

help,thanks!

cnzjs

And ,in my mod,in the whole game,every tooltip if more than 1 line,the last character of every line will be missing,don't know why???

RedKetchup

since you didnt succeeded part 1 , thats normal part 2 is going bad.

part 1 it tells you the graphic file is not big enough to hold all your sprites. you need to make bigger but not with whatever numbers. i never made any translation mods, but i know the other graphic file that contains the sprite toolbars for example, need to be with numbers like 32x 64x 128x 256, 384, 512, 1024...... by 32x 64x 128x 256, 384, 512, 1024..... you cannot put whatever number it please you.
it will take all your font and put them all together, side by side, till it reach the end of the graphic file to the right and then go back to the left, 32 or 16 pixel down and make another row of font... till it has processed all the font. if the total image is too small, all the fonts wont fit inside. but you cannot add a 0 at the end, your number need to make sense, in the 32-64-128... pixels rule.

so try to fix that first, then 2nd part maybe there wont be errors and will work without crashing.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .