News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 37-39

education drops to 4%.the bannies wanted to send letters home,so a post office was built.an undertaker was added to tend to the cemetaries.an RK foundry and a smelter were built near the mines. there is a surplus of barley so a workplace mill grinder and bake shop will make nut bread.both thatch huts are clearing and planting thatch.
       as the marble runs out,a jade quarry and a clay pit are dug.i fired the smelter up to make sure it would use the silver ore. then it was shut down to conserve firewood.the mian foundry was fired up to improve our iron. as we got short on iron,the miners used cheaper tools and that led to a tool shortage.

i did make some good trades for firewood and added glass,brick,and more lumber.food limit is at 50,000 and luxury is up to 5000 to handle the jade and silver.spinach is growing and harvesting as lettuce.

to increase the firewood more,we expand the dock adding a 3rd reed farm and another work shop. east of the river,more forests will add to our log supplies.a KIDD self-storing forest set with some nordic houses is planned.an herbalist was added to the RK forest also.

pic 1: post office and undertaker
pic 2: jade quarry and claypit
pic 3: smelter for gold/silver and RK foundry for iron
pic 4: reed farm 3 and 2nd dock shop.
pic 5: KIDD storage forest set
pic 6: workplace grinder and baker makes nutbread

rkelly17

Quote from: brads3 on June 05, 2018, 04:42:00 AM
education drops to 4%.the bannies wanted to send letters home,so a post office was built.

Now you need a scribe or some such so that the 4% who are educated can get paid to write the letters for the 96% illiterate.  ;)

brads3

soon.by year 50, it'll be zero.then ,i will add schools.

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 324 with 4% educated in 79 houses.38 farmers,7 herdsmen,5 gatherers,4 hunters,5 fishermen,2 beekeepers,and 2 rice paddys feed the bannies.38 bannies work the mines and quarries.we have 8 workers supplying firewood and bundles.3 trade posts ship marble,coal,linen,tobacco,as well as coats,textiles,and some misc. goods.the bannies process 2 types of bread,cheese,butter,and ketchup.
3 butchers process deer and beef.there is pigs,sheep,lhamas,chickens.galf-breed cows,and red frieshian dairy cows.most veggy and grain seeds have been acquired.there is still peas and roots to gain as well as more orchard seeds.
            spinach grows and produces as lettuce.oats failed.KIDD's beeswax doesn't interchange with the CC's.the nordic mine is glitchy. there is more production buildings to be tested.no major problems.TOM and RED have gve me info to solve the crops.

the dense forest mod did fill the map with trees.with less meadows there is less thatch.blueberries and roots don't grow as well but the gatherers make up for it with pine mod items.it is hard to judge  this mod with the education level costing logs and firewood.i have been using the pine vanilla gatherer more which has improved the gathering production outputs.by the meadows being overgrown with trees there is less thatch which is needed in construction.some mines,barns,FO. buildings,and wood houses do require it.with the new KIDD storage forest and gatherer,there should be more info on the food affects.

education and climate are the biggest challenges. i have overcome most of it by sending extra workers and adding more blacksmiths and foresters.there are young apprentices helping many loacations.even when the bannies cleared logs,the firewood cutters have not kept up.food is doing better than i expected thanks to the gatherers and hunters.they bring the food average per worker up over 500.

in the next 10 yrs,the education level should be down close to 0.i would like to get the fodder meadows planted and at least 1 more forest.with some luck,i should have a lumbermill working.

PIC 1:yr 40 stats,note the clearing that the thatch huts need to do for planting
pic 2: production
pic 3-4: inventory

pic 5:food graph
pic 6:citizen graph
pic 7: limits and population graph
pic 8:dense forest check and firwood graph,even with trades, the bannies use it as fast as it is brought to storage.
pic 9: DF check yr 20
pic 10: DF check yr 10
pic 11: DF at start.

kid1293

If I remember right about beeswax I followed Discrepancy's code.
I wanted to be compatible with his mines.

brads3

the CC NF is a 1.06 version still. so that is probably why they work different. the old beeswax is most likely still flagged textile.i still need to make RED's apiary and candle shop.lots yet to be tested.  the CC candleshop still uses the tallow from the CC butchers.there is only 1 tag for candles so they will interchange for the mines.

RedKetchup

presently in RK Ed, beeswax is flagged as Custom7 : Miscelleneous
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 40-42

I should point out that as dumb as my bannies are they do extra work.the foresters are doing trapping.there is 1000+ furs and almost 500 pelts,plus what has been traded.i have not sent a trapper out. the mods work together to accomplish that.KIDD's and RED's foresters are using NECORA's gathering system. i do think the dense forest mod may be boosting the traps.
       RED and KIDD's forest storages has helped improve the storage system.i did recently add piles near RED's barn to help the foresters store stone and iron ore.his barns are quite full of foods and textiles.

to get these fodder meadows planted,i need to stretch farther west.plan is to extend the road and build farms south of the future meadows.i held back on the hunters and gatherers for the thatch meadows. the tower hunters work well but they are affected by the lack of education.also it means extra food later.i am curious to see how long it will take the workers to clear and plant.

added EB's farm market to help empty the carts that are getting full.roads are extended,2 more fields plowed,and storage barns built.
food limit is increased to 60,000 with trades and herbs are up to 3500.when available, we trade for steel tools.an EB farmhouse and someone can move near the new pig pasture.now the pigs have more room.the other 1 is changed to chickens.

now that they have paired up,i double the workers for both thatch meadows.as soon as snow melted in year 41,i layed out fodder meadows ,
fodder barns,and forest storage barns.the bannies will build 4 color pine cabins.we have traded for lumber along the way for projects like this.we do trade leather coats and coal for more lumber,logs,and firewood.

pic 1:2 thatch meadows
pic 2:fodder meadow started
pic 3: large pig pasture

brads3

YEAR 43-44  education to 3%

while the bannies are waiting for thatch to build the fodder barns,i had them work on adding mini,FO,and nordic gathering huts.they also built a tower and nordic hunter.this will be a good way to see if they collect different items.

the 2 dock shops are using all the reedsfrom the 3 reed growers.uneducated they are getting 500 fire bundles.KIDD's sawmill is getting 880 firewood with 3 workers.we continue to trade for firewood  as well as food and tools.iron and food limits had to be increased.

before i can expand the east forest,the bannies will need more houses.a cabin is added to the mixed forest for the sawmill workers.1 for the dock workers.several more are built for the farmers.a rowhouse blacksmith will suppply the west farmers with tools.

pic 1: full overview of the fodder meadows.thatch is to the east
pic 2: mini gatherer for thatch 1
pic 3: nordic hunter and gatherer for fodder meadow.note no pine items are collected by the meadow gatherers.
pic 4: rowhouse blacksmith supplies tools for the farmers.

brads3

YEAR 45-46   education to 2%

we run into a mountain going east.we will need to extend a road and build another bridge to get south of it.in the meantime,the builders can work on adding forests to the far west.a pine vanilla forester with nordic houses west of the rasberry orchard.a pine lumber and woodcutter will cut the logs.as the workers pair up,more will work the fodder huts.

the bannies worked to clear 2 orchards and built a sugar house.concerned about the thatch and fodder storgae, i had them add a pine storage barn to the meadows.a sherbrooke town market will be built to move supplies for the meadow workers.

these young workers do cause headaches.as houses are built singles will move. out of every 3 houses at least 1 will be occupied by a single bannie.this also has led to too many laborers.as population in different areas inncreases,more houses and workplaces can be built.

one bannie is now 79 yrs old. a few are late 60's to early 70's.

pic 1: year45 stats
pic 2: pine vanilla forest to far west
pic 3: CC sugar house ,maple orchards,and housing for the forest workers.
pic 4: more storage for the meadow.

brads3

YEAR 47-49 education holding 2%

i double checked housing.the forests and dock areas have enough.i did add several near the start village and farms.work continues on extending another road east. an RK random mine is to be dug as the stone quarry is almost used up.

while a KIDD forest is being built to the east,i do want to start a market plaza to store extra goods.a central market with 4 RK markets will be built.this will become a suppply center for a town.a pine vanilla gatherer and hunter are planned with the KIDD forest.
     took over 1000 firewood and bundles in trade throughout the year,yet there is only 150 still stored.noone has died from it, but it is still a struggle.

next step is to increase logs and food reserves.i dont want to expand mining or production until i can move groups of bannies.for now,some items will stockpile. i send workers to the market plaza and adjust limits.minerals is doubled to 4000,tools and clothing increased 500,textiles to 25,000,and construction and materials to 1500.
          a forest village to the east is started.we take reindeer in trade.   

pic 1: 2nd KIDD forest
pic 2:RK random mine
pic 3: sherbrooke market for the meadow.
pic 4: central market plaza

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 456,308 adult workers with almost 100 as laborers.education down to 2%.106 houses.many of our workers are 10-15 yrs old.we continue to expand production of logs,firewood,and food.there are now 5 meadows,3 fodder and 2 thatch.6 forests supplying a sawmill and 3 woodcutters.
         foresters and meadow workers trap and bring in  furs and pelts.our gatherers do work differenty.the pine gatherers bring in more food since they do collect pine items.the CC orchard gatherers have issues.the dense forest trees are overgrowing and choking out the grapes and pears.are thesse trees also costing logs? pine mod and nordic mod trees produce more logs.if the dense forest trees produce vanilla amounts of logs and push out the other trees,the log count would be lower.this is hard to calcuate with the lack of education on this map. the dense forest mod is above the pine mod.

between now and when the education hits 0%,i plan to increase food and forests.i'd like to get the food to  +5000 per year more than being used.

pic 1: yr 50 stats
pic 2-3: productions
pic 4-5:inventory
pic 7: food graph
pic 7: poppulation graph and limits
pic 8: gatherer outputs,note the overgrown orchard forest,4 to the right corner are the meadow gatherers

Nilla

You'll need more firewood. The efficiency of everyone gets down, when it's this rare. Instead of producing, they run all over the map to get a firewood here and one there and make no decent job.

Anyhow, I'm pleased that your town still lives, also (more or less) completely without education.

brads3

need firewood??? the great scholar speaks of gibberish. for prophesy you tell history. tell us Oh great one something we don't know?

the poor bannies have cut and cut and the traders have haued in tons of firewood.this climate has them burning it as fast as it is moved to storage.they even have reed bundes and thatch and fodder.5 meadows with double workers.the only time someone froze was because they got lost between the east forest village and town.

WB from your trip.

Nilla

Quote from: brads3 on June 11, 2018, 12:16:27 PM
need firewood??? the great scholar speaks of gibberish. for prophesy you tell history. tell us Oh great one something we don't know?

the poor bannies have cut and cut and the traders have haued in tons of firewood.this climate has them burning it as fast as it is moved to storage.they even have reed bundes and thatch and fodder.5 meadows with double workers.the only time someone froze was because they got lost between the east forest village and town.

WB from your trip.

Yea back!

and firewood.........Even if it's no news, there's not enough! Why haven't you doubled it? Double the number of foresters, triple the number of woodcutter. Order logs from each merchant, who can bring it. (If I remember it right thatch is much less efficient but use what you have all the same)