News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

NMC you mean New Medieval Castle ? or New Medieval Canal ?

Castle is no longer supported , but i understand about Canals :)

but i was going to jump on cemeteries ideas... :)
got good feelings about it ^^

i ve asked a CC Modo about CC & MM cemetery... they told me that yeah, they have a fenceless 5x5 to 40x40 !

i also can understand, not everyone are using CC and MM (due the big overload it can do on computer and toolbars)....

Whats about a fenceless one from me without fences... and without flatten ground ? placable everywhere but water ?? (i am not sure if their fenceless can do that)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

RedKetchup

HAHA!

Whats about a more ........... creepy cemetery ?? LOL

Jonarus_Drakus

Creepy is good!

Is there a way to limit where within the boundaries the tombstones spawn? So you can actually add paths and such (Even if it requires the graveyard to be a set size)?
I pose the question because that way you could add dead trees and maybe a central Mausoleum!

¬JD

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 27, 2016, 02:37:26 PMWhats about a fenceless one from me without fences... and without flatten ground ? placable everywhere but water ?? (i am not sure if their fenceless can do that)

Yeah, CC cemetery covers most bases -

* transparent
* Slope conforming (build on hills)
* fenceless
* sized from 5x4 up to 40x40 (5x4 minimum for one grave; anything smaller would crash the game)
* peeps can enter at any point, not just through the entrances

But hey, that should not stop you from making a different version - I love the "creepy" one  ;D

Adding paths and trees is much wanted, too - though you'd need ghosties for that, or else allow for the smallest possible size so players can make the cemetery sort of modular...

Other nice items for a cemetery - some crypts, a very tiny chapel, small shed for tools, a hearse (small wagon with a (covered) corpse), a freshly dug hole...  ;)

EDIT
Not sure if that is possible - but I always wanted to be able to assign a cleric to a cemetery, with the chapel capacity...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

we have almost no control over a click and drag cemetery. you cannot set the path which is 2 tiles wide in front of the main gate entrance. you cannot even try to reduce it to 1 to make more place for the tombstones... (by reducing the width of the maingate) it crashes.
you cannot add anything to it in center because you dont draw anything 3D in the middle. you can only draw the gate and the fence all around and nothing in center.

the center is controlled by the tombstones function. you can draw your own tombstones.... make them look like a dead tree... or a crypt... but it will clip over the other tombstone. *(and you dont have any control where the game will RNG put thoses, can be in middle like it can be in the edge. it is random)

thats about the click and drag cemetary. didnt made any test yet on a static one.

Paeng

Yeah, the width of the "preset" paths is fixed, that's right... no real control indeed, but at least the paths are always in the same layout, you need to pay attention to the general orientation when drawing the cemetery (rotate the plot if necessary), to avoid clipping...

A good way to add decorations (paths, benches, trees etc.) though is to use ghosted items -

* This is just one cemetery, 19x7 or so...

:)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Turis

A cemetary with no walls... Well, built four small ones divided by a crossroad.

Jonarus_Drakus

Hmm... Maybe a stand-alone 'creepy walls' set then? For building 'custom' graveyards?

~JD

Abandoned

Fenceless cemetery on hill and creepy one both look good to me.  Creepy wall or cast iron creepy fence and creepy dead tree deco would be good, maybe a gloomy looking cryptlike chapel.

RedKetchup

so i have like an hour or 2 to work on this presently.... i started to make the walls and finished the gate....
(keep in mind, it is possible i ll do "metal doors" to the main gate, thats  a possibility)

RedKetchup

it will take me a bit of time to understand the logic behind those walls ^^
like if you check the 2nd screenshot.... why it skipped 1 tile to the right and not to the left :P

but overall, the screens give a general idea of what it will look :)

elemental

It looks good. I prefer the fence parts to the gate. Those candles and the extra bits on top of the stone columns are just a bit too much for me. I prefer the plainer look. But it looks good.  :)

Turis

What about a fenceless cemetary? It would give me the choice of building whatever wall I prefer if any.