News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

1.0.3 beta already

Started by Kaldir, May 31, 2014, 01:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

That was quick, a 1.0.3 beta patch out already. Steam and non-Steam this time; guess Luke heard the complaints.

Laborers have freedom to walk themselves to death again in this one. Tempted to test it out, since I feel laborers are pretty slow at doing their jobs right now.

rkelly17

After reading your post @Kaldir I fired up Steam and, sure enough, it auto-downloaded 1.0.3. Didn't seem to be a very big file.

Kaldir

I installed it too just now, was only a 5.4 MB download in Steam.
Luke specifically asks for feedback on the laborer (and builder) issue, for instance here and in the blog post.

mariesalias

I was just getting used to the jobs taking longer to complete and planning around it.  o.0

salamander

IIRC, the 1.0.2 solution to laborers starving was a combination of the 'lunchbox' idea and giving them certain preferred zones of responsibility.  It sounds like 1.0.3 has removed the zoning, but did it also go back to the pre-lunchbox situation?  If it didn't, the new patch might be a good compromise.

solarscreen

Quote from: salamander on June 01, 2014, 06:08:11 AM
IIRC, the 1.0.2 solution to laborers starving was a combination of the 'lunchbox' idea and giving them certain preferred zones of responsibility.  It sounds like 1.0.3 has removed the zoning, but did it also go back to the pre-lunchbox situation?  If it didn't, the new patch might be a good compromise.
1.0.3 removes the zone limits for laborers only. Workers still stayed zoned UNLESS no laborers move on an out of area task after a certain time limit has expired.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

1.0.3 seems still to have the lunch box. I've been sending my labourers pretty far out and they all return healthy and happy.

slink

Good to hear, that the lunchbox still works.  I haven't tried sending anyone very far, yet.  Only the width of a market circle.