News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis de la Rive

Very nice building, totally in the right style, what is important to remember is the flat roof, its limiting but thats what it was, and roof access also, so I would add either a ladder or steps, people would sleep there in very hot weather, and do many other things there too.

On the mastaba: I found some very nice images for you, it seems there were 3 main types, which you could  reproduce, with 4 buildings, tiny 2 by1, small say 2 by 4, larger size for officials, something lake the church in size, as you can see in the images, and the princely one as a monument, (its the one referred to as 3504). I also found a nice offering statue (idut8), which you could use as an add-on to the side of the larger ones, it could also be used in temples if you go with the modular approach.

I also looked into housing, and found a few images, basically what you have is a flat roof with stairs leading to it, most any size will do and you can add the different elements like granaries, gardens and animal pens as needed, again if modular there is more choice on how to build them. I also noticed that many industry structures don't have a roof, so that might be something to look at. One thing is important, walls, it seems that everything is enclosed.

In the general folder you can see some interesting architectural features that could inspire you, (dp108489) shows what you could use in the cemetery, a stone marker, and a small statue. The rest I just found interesting on one guys site.

This is such an interesting project, and with your attention to detail, well worth helping you.

Its easier to share this way: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHkvl_n1VXXYnJPX2YydHdqX1U/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps.  :)

RedKetchup

downloaded !! THANKS YOU SO MUCH !!!

Merci beaucoup Denis :)

so what you described... thats exactly what i was doing :) i am on the good way :)

---------------------------------------

Egyptian Hostel Done :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

I think you should consider adding roof access where I have indicated, so they can use those larger parts of it, maybe stairs for the lower one and a ladder for the top. It has to be an architectural feature of buildings where people live, that way it can stand out from storage, or religious buildings. Just a suggestion.  :)

RedKetchup

DesoPL

RedKetchup

mellowtraumatic

Bast was a goddess who was depicted as a cat or with cat like features a lot of the time.

RedKetchup

i guess thats the woman on the left of the right part :)

meanwhile i did Egyptian Medium Barn :)
we see it just side of the large one which comes as you launch a new game at easy + medium start condition :)

Denis de la Rive

Very nice barns, for these you don't need roof access.  ;)

Quote from: DesoPL on January 28, 2016, 02:38:25 PM

Temple Of Bast. I can't found better sample.

That is a temple gate, which are mostly similar for all the gods, what changes is the decorative images and the statues inside. You can use it for most temples. I found some nice images of temples and their main gates, including plans, sketches and pictures of models. I also included plans of Karnak as it is the biggest and best documented, it can serve as a model for buildings of many sizes. You can see that a temple could have several gates depending on its size, if you stick to the essentials of the form, most anything will look good.

Again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHkvl_n1VXXcDdFQ3lUdElBZE0/view?usp=sharing  :)

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

I added Egyptian Well today :)

Kralyerg added the specialized Stockpiles :)

and ShockPuppet did the tents stuff in the big Egyptian Market :)

:)

RedKetchup

purringcat