News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

I really like RKEditorChoiceEdition mod. If you pay attention to the 'Choice' portion you will see what I think was @RedKetchup purpose. It is a choice, and in the earlier posts it was indicated that this mod was some of the things that Red liked to play with. It has also been indicated that it will run with CC 1.75 which will give you a great choice of building that use both vanilla and advanced materials for construction. I have found that using CC 1.75 under the RKEditior mod gives me that choice and allows me to play and build my experience with the new materials. I am a very slow learner but I want to use the new materials as they present me a great challenge in playing options.

It is my great hope that @RedKetchup continues with expanding this fantastic mod for this game.

RedKetchup

thanks all !

yeah as name and people thoughts suggest... it is primary a mod for me for playing the way i would love to do, and it doesnt bother me to add things people would want to get inside even if i didnt thought about it , yet, for myself.

for sure i am continuing this, and next is : the ghosted 2 tiles fence arch, the nmt school and brambles-firewood as spawns (if brambles is a good english name for it)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

Two questions, are you certain you want to be dependent on other mods, in particular CC to make this mod work, and are you really aiming at making an expert level mod? You must realize the consequences of your answers to those questions. There is nothing wrong with any answer you come up with but you must make sure that people know what you are doing.

Having a clear idea of what is going on will certainly make the design process simpler, and help your testers to make more useful comments. As it stands, I can't understand what your objective is, this is creating some confusion as to what comments are useful, and which ones are wasting everybody's time.

I think that players rely too much on mod makers to create challenges, always seeking personalized mods instead of inventing their own ways to make the game more interesting. The question of what a mod should do is very complex, but it should try to include as many players as possible. Its a wonderful thing that should be used by as many people as possible.

RedKetchup

this mod is not at all "dependant" of other mods. fully operational by itself.
but i know people will never play this mod alone and i cannot (and i dont want to) ask people to play only this mod and put everybody else work in the garbage !!

i will never do that. so it will always be "compatible" with other mods as much as possible. but it never as been "dependant"

Denis de la Rive

Compatibility must not stop you from making sure that your mod is as complete as possible, there is no way you can predict which mods people will use, you must assume that your mod can be played alone. This make all your design choices that much more important. It can be frustrating if you are playing and you are forced to turn to other mods that aren't created by the same person. With your work, the visual is important, and that may create problems when you are trying to make a nice looking village. :)

taniu

@RedKetchup  :)Thank you for the new update. I like that you added -seedling to Grenhouse and Fodder-tath to Wood cutter - less cutting out beautiful trees.
1. I have a question - is Wooden Butcher, who is processing wild animals but the lack of Watch Tower - hunts wild game and tailor what makes clothes from fur - can you add to RkEditor Choice? because I am forced to added the mod "RK Training Camp Main - and it often happens to me that I forget about adding it and I have to new start
2. The jeweler makes various decorations - but there is no precious stone mine? where to get them? do I have to play "My Precious" or CC - maybe you can add gemstone mines?
3. I really like the new Orchand - is it possible to make a separate mod or segment? - Grapefruit, Lemon Lime, Mango, Banana, Orange, Acai, Blackberry, Cranberry, Raspberry, Date, Pineapple, Date - everything you added to the new one? - I am asking you - I like trees and these shrubs to grow - only in this set they occur. We have a mod "Palm Tree start" and CC Terrians - Kralyerg - there is a hot climate - I do not fit to grow these plants - Tropical Greenhouse - please consider my proposal - maybe this segment  it will be useful for a new project "Rise of the Pharash" Cheers! :D

RedKetchup

Hi Taniu

i can maybe add the watch tower to it at some point. In RK thats the regular hunter cabin who take care of these now. haven't you noticed it ? the hunter cabin catch all those exotic animals.
and the regular tailor can make warm coats with furs and even fur coats which is also a warm coat but with more value.

to get gems you need to build the Random Mine. that is the one which drop gems.

you are right, one day i need to do this stand alone NMT3.0: Orchards mod

taniu

@RedKetchup :D Thank you for explaining my problems. I know what the reason was that the hunter did not hunt for particular wild animals, eg, bears, etc.
Attention players
If you play with RKChoice Beta11 mod, you add Wild Grouses - Tatypredator. Colonial Charter Modular-Kralyerg - fashion kid1293 is:
"Hunting cabin" - kills deer and wild game in general - Game - you have to upload the mod "Rk Training Camp Main - where is the Watch Tower, which hunts for Bear, Bison, Boar, Hare etc. - then" Wooden Butcher "- processes meat of individual wild animal - Bear, bison, Boar, Hare etc.

taniu

@RedKetchup :) further explanation :
Without "Wild Grouses" - Hunting hunts particular wild animals and Butcher processes them - there are more animals in the forest that can be hunted and can be seen in the forest - a very nice thing. - no problem @RedKetchup but maybe you can only add Watch Tower - for my whim - I leave the decision to you - I like the player all that is new? have Wild Groses or walking individual wild animals in the forest?
I have not tested the rest of my arguments because you do not have enough time - would like a day if you have 48 hours, unfortunately my family got ill, now I have trouble - but I hope it will be - OK
I noticed when testing RK Editor Choice Beta11 - "Kid Friendly Neighborhood" - butcher does not make SAUSAGES - but this thread will be written in @ Kid1293
Regards

RedKetchup

yeah @taniu  , if you put wild grouse on top, you will have walking wild grouse in the forest but you wont have any other animals (exept deers)
if you put RK Ed on top you will have tons of new animals walking in the forest but you wont have Tany wild grouse :(

thats sad and thats the way the game is made. thats the game biggest limitations.

brads3

RED beat me to the post. i was thinking 1 mod might block the other so you don't see chickens or pigs running around the map.i too wish the game added from mod to mod instead of blocking.we could make some neat combinations.

Denis de la Rive

Its great to not having everything, making choices makes for a more interesting life, especially when you use RK Ed.

Nilla

I agree with Denis. I don't need all things in one game. If I have pigs and white birds in this game I'll be more happy about the wild grouse in the next. This way every game is memorable.

But I entered WoB to see if I find anything about the gems, gemstones, gold and silver. And if not, ask @RedKetchup how they are flagged. I haven't really tested this chain (only made the buildings and ran them for a short time in an earlier game), so I find, now is time to make a severe testing. To build the right stores in my random mining area, I need to know the flags.

RedKetchup

ok

Silver ore is Mineral and once you make bars, it is Forged.
Gold ore is Mineral and once you make bars, it is Forged.
Gems (uncut) are Mineral and once you cut them, they are Precious.
all Jewelries (rings, necklace, etc...) are Precious too.

Silver ore worth : 12 ; you harvest 1-2
Silver bar worth : 30 ; you create 2-3
Gold ore worth : 24 ; you harvest 1-2
Gold bar worth : 50 ; you create 2-3

Gems(uncut) worth : 200 and when you cut them you only take 1 and create 1
Amethyst worth : 60 ; chances: 8/21
Topaze.... worth : 80 ; chances: 5/21
Emerald.. worth : 250 ; chances: 3/21
Sapphire. worth : 300 ; chances: 2/21
Ruby....... worth : 400 ; chances: 2/21
Diamond. worth : 1000 ; chances: 1/21

Jewelry : to take bars + gems and create different number of items which worth different value. They all Precious.
With Silver bars :
Silver Ring...... : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 amethyst ; ..you create 4-5 worth 50 each
Silver Brooch... : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 topaze ; .....you create 3-4 worth 80 each
Silver Pendant. : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 emerald ;  ..you create 3-4 worth 180 each
Silver Necklace : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 sapphire ;  .you create 2-3 worth 320 each
Silver Bracelets : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 ruby ;  ......you create 1-2 worth 600 each
Silver Circlet.... : need 1 silver bar, 3 coal, 1 diamond ;  you create 1-2 worth 1500 each

With Gold bars :
Gold Ring...... : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 topaze ;  ...you create 4-5 worth 70 each
Gold Brooch... : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 amethyst ; you create 3-4 worth 80 each
Gold Pendant. : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 sapphire ; .you create 3-4 worth 230 each
Gold Necklace : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 emerald ; ..you create 2-3 worth 290 each
Gold Circlet.... : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 ruby ; ......you create 1-2 worth 650 each
Gold Bracelets : need 1 gold bar, 3 coal, 1 diamond ; you create 1-2 worth 1500 each

RedKetchup