News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Whats about a new wonderful... Townhall ?

Started by RedKetchup, August 13, 2016, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah agree.

white house roof almost done :) only missing the chimneys :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

chimneys done.
windows in the basement done.

the screenshot 2 with the "rose color" plane show you where the ground level should arrive.
of course i will dig some squares so we can see the basement in game :)
only the rear to do :)

Kimbolton

RedKetchup

only the rear of the building to do :) and a couple of adjustment :)

i couldnt wait to see how it looks in game :)

UNBELIEVABLE !!                     

RedKetchup

Kimbolton

Looks awesome. Just the right size too. Not too big and not too small.

Great work!

Now we are definitely going to need a few more smaller buildings of this style to go with it!  :) (trying hard not to sound greedy)

Gatherer

I'm not so sure I like the green area around that we can't build upon. IMO it would be better if we could place a road right next to every side. The green area between the front four columns and the stairs along the entire front side should allow a road to be build upon it.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

bah thats how the white house has been build. dont forget the 2 IMMENSE parks *with fountains, it has :) one in front till you hit the big fence ,,, and the one behind the house, 4X bigger ^^
but i am not even doing the "complex" (the hallway and the 2 big buildings each side) i keep it simple, not too big and i still need to adapt it for banished (little banished changes) to match the tiles.

RedKetchup

for about the space in front.... it is a temporary non taken row... cause the rear part is big. a big balcony in circle. big columns surround it and hold the circular balcony (2nd one at 2nd floor)

so when i ll take the space in the rear, all the building will go further toward the front.

Tom Sawyer

I think it is too small in game. If you already have a life-like model, then I'd like to see it in original size. The White House is (I goggled) 51 m long. In my calculation it has to be about 30 tiles for a right scale to the citizens. Really big but why not ... It could be a nice endgame objective. And of course, it should need a mass of building costs.

Kimbolton

QuoteI think it is too small in game. If you already have a life-like model, then I'd like to see it in original size. The White House is (I goggled) 51 m long. In my calculation it has to be about 30 tiles for a right scale to the citizens. Really big but why not ... It could be a nice endgame objective. And of course, it should need a mass of building costs.

I don't think it should necessarily be to scale. The cathedral already dwarfs everything around it. It is a nice building and a showpiece for the town but if it is too big we start to give up some realism in the way our towns look. We all are not actually building Washington DC here. That is just my two cents.

To quote Elwood P. Dowd  from Harvey: Well, an element of conflict in any discussion's a very good thing. It means everybody is taking part and nobody is left out.   :)

RedKetchup

it is a building like another one, if you put down this building on the ground that doesnt mean you are building DC ^^
maybe more if you are an east coast american but not everyone it means the white house.

the complex is for sure 51m long, i doubt the main building is. personally i go with the windows. each side has 2 row of 4 windows , for me it is 4 tiles wide. 4 tiles left 4 tiles right , and if you compare the middle ... it is another 4 -5 tiles.

about costs ... i know what cost the vanilla one, but how much CC charge you for their colonial one ?
i will probably charge more that vanilla one. from like 1.5x to 2.5x

gerns

LOOKS GREAT IF WE CAN BUILD A ROAD BETWEEN THE STAIRS AND THE OUTER PILLARS

RedKetchup

will do

gonna back to it after i eat a bit . i m starving

Gatherer

Will that wall be available also as separate pieces? Perhaps to enhance your decorations mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.